PDA

View Full Version : Southlake applicant names to be released

kaorder1999
01-17-2007, 02:45 PM
FROM DALLASBLOG.COM VIA THE OLD COACH

Applicants for Southlake Carroll will be released Wednesday or Thursday by the school district with The Dallas Morning News pursuing a Freedom of Information Act petition. SLC officials are calling applicants to let them know their names are about to be released. The names are interesting but applying and interviewing are different. We'll post the names here and on www.dallasblog.com when they are released

kaorder1999
01-17-2007, 02:46 PM
This will be interesting....been a lot of "I didn't apply, I have a good thing going here" comments made. Think they will be treated like Saban???

Adidas410s
01-17-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm guessing their admin offices are closed today so it will probably be tmrw when they are released.

kaorder1999
01-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Florence's name on the list??? what do you think?

Adidas410s
01-17-2007, 03:16 PM
That's the big mystery name I guess. Some people say Dodge wants him or Wasson...then others say that he's waiting on the Denton ISD AD job. I guess we'll know soon enough! ;)

kaorder1999
01-17-2007, 03:18 PM
“I’ve got a great job, and I’m not going to actively pursue another job, if it’s Southlake, or college, or anywhere,” Florence said. “Not right now.”

I have not been contacted by anyone at Carroll and, at this point, I have not applied for the Carroll job,” Florence said. “I think any coach has an interest in the job; I wouldn’t be honest if I said I didn’t, but at the same time I love my job here.”

Adidas410s
01-17-2007, 03:21 PM
ahh...he slipped that one line in there to give himself an out should he need it! ;) When did he say that???

olddawggreen
01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Florence's name on the list??? what do you think?

Its not gonna be Florence.:(

kaorder1999
01-17-2007, 03:23 PM
i never said florence will get the job. I was just speculating on whether or not Florence actually applied. he said he didnt and Southlake is being forced to release the name of the applicants.

Hal Wasson will get the job!

olddawggreen
01-17-2007, 03:25 PM
i never said florence will get the job. I was just speculating on whether or not Florence actually applied. he said he didnt and Southlake is being forced to release the name of the applicants.

Hal Wasson will get the job!

I don't think Florence applied. Best bet is Wasson.

kaorder1999
01-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
ahh...he slipped that one line in there to give himself an out should he need it! ;) When did he say that???

january 6th

kaorder1999
01-17-2007, 03:27 PM
FLORENCE: I DID NOT APPLY (http://www.theoldcoach.com/archives/001691.php)

TexanAlum_06
01-17-2007, 03:31 PM
I was thinking earlier, What do yall think of the possibility that they might bring in an out of state high profile coach? Like the coach from Hoover or something. IM NOT saying the hoover coach specifically, but like a coach of that caliber, that is from another state? I dont think it would happen, but its just a thought.

Cameron Crazy
01-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Should be interesting!

olddawggreen
01-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
I was thinking earlier, What do yall think of the possibility that they might bring in an out of state high profile coach? Like the coach from Hoover or something. IM NOT saying the hoover coach specifically, but like a coach of that caliber, that is from another state? I dont think it would happen, but its just a thought.

Their not going to bring in anyone that doesn't fully understand what SC already has and how to use it. I understand that Florence doesn't run the same offense as SC does (and Wasson does) and while he is an excellent coach and has his supporters amoung the SC faithful, my guess is that he probably wasn't really encouraged to apply. Most people here in Southlake want to maintain what they have with a coach that will continue the program in place, not bring in a high profile coach from out of state. Southlake already has all the high profile they need. The new coach needs to be able to complement it, not distract from it. Just my opinion.:)

TexanAlum_06
01-17-2007, 04:15 PM
I agree, it woul be retarded for them to change their system. So really the new coach just needs to kinda manage it. and keep it rolling. IMO i wouldnt want job. Too much pressure. Whoever it is who takes the job, I would imagine fi they dont win the state championship next season or lose more then 1 or 2 games they will be on the hotseat!

hawkfan
01-17-2007, 05:19 PM
I agree, it woul be retarded for them to change their system. So really the new coach just needs to kinda manage it. and keep it rolling. IMO i wouldnt want job. Too much pressure. Whoever it is who takes the job, I would imagine fi they dont win the state championship next season or lose more then 1 or 2 games they will be on the hotseat!

I don't know that it would be retarded to change the system. I'm not questioning thier success, But I think with the type of athletes they have, a coach could come in with any type of offense and have success. Don't forget , they won 2 state champs in 3A running the option, so I figure they can run whatever they want and kill people.

TexanAlum_06
01-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah but take into consideration they have that same offense running in all the jr high teams and prolly some pop warner teams. so this is all the kids know. yeah sure they could change the system and would probably have success, But it woul be wise not to. running this same offense gives them the best chance at victory. Because the kids know it like the back of their hand, as do the assistants.

olddawggreen
01-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah but take into consideration they have that same offense running in all the jr high teams and prolly some pop warner teams. so this is all the kids know. yeah sure they could change the system and would probably have success, But it woul be wise not to. running this same offense gives them the best chance at victory. Because the kids know it like the back of their hand, as do the assistants.

They also have 8 out of 11 offensive starters returning next season.

Phil C
01-18-2007, 09:58 AM
“I’ve got a great job, and I’m not going to actively pursue another job, if it’s Southlake, or college, or anywhere,” Florence said. “Not right now.”

I have not been contacted by anyone at Carroll and, at this point, I have not applied for the Carroll job,” Florence said. “I think any coach has an interest in the job; I wouldn’t be honest if I said I didn’t, but at the same time I love my job here.”

Is his first name Lou? :)

olddawggreen
01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
I don't think Florence applied. Best bet is Wasson.

Told ya.