PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning #s...

g$$
01-17-2007, 01:55 AM
• Tom Brady is 6-2 against the Colts. Overall, he's 70-24 in the regular season and 12-1 in the playoffs (3 rings). Total: 82-25. He has led 24 fourth-quarter comebacks, including six times in the playoffs. Peyton Manning has 28 fourth-quarter comebacks, all in the regular season (zero rings).

Does it change this year for Manning? I say NO (but I did not think the Chargers would implode either with dropped passes, dropped interceptions, stupid penalties, poor coaches' challenges costing timeouts, & quit using LT, the best weapon on the planet, in the 2nd half (9 touches in 2nd half, never back-to-back plays).

Another question? Does Marty Schottenheimer keep his job after all the playoff losses? He has lost 6 in a row & is 5-13 overall. I hope so because I like him as a coach, but facts are facts. Probably gone too.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-17-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by g$$
• Tom Brady is 6-2 against the Colts. Overall, he's 70-24 in the regular season and 12-1 in the playoffs (3 rings). Total: 82-25. He has led 24 fourth-quarter comebacks, including six times in the playoffs. Peyton Manning has 28 fourth-quarter comebacks, all in the regular season (zero rings).

Does it change this year for Manning? I say NO (but I did not think the Chargers would implode either with dropped passes, dropped interceptions, stupid penalties, poor coaches' challenges costing timeouts, & quit using LT, the best weapon on the planet, in the 2nd half (9 touches in 2nd half, never back-to-back plays).

Another question? Does Marty Schottenheimer keep his job after all the playoff losses? He has lost 6 in a row & is 5-13 overall. I hope so because I like him as a coach, but facts are facts. Probably gone too.

I definitly think Indy will have to be more productive on offense which hasn't in past years been a problem to beat the Pats. I really would like Manning to get a ring because I would have for him to fall in the same category with Dan Marino however I think you really can't bet against the Pats in January. Tom Brady is up there with Montana, Aikman, Favre, and ect. except I think honestly he has done more with less around him than any of his contemporaries. That's just my humble opinion but thats how I see it.

Poor Marty, hell of a coach but if you can't get it done in crunch time it really doesn't matter if you went 14-2. I like him as a coach and think he's a good person too however historically he hasn't gotten it done. I think you give him another year with a talented team and if he doesn't at least bring home an AFC championship than you do cut him loose just to stir the pot a little

LitanyofFury
01-17-2007, 02:03 AM
I just don't think this is the same Pats team that has tormented the Colts in the past.

Brady isn't playing great and Dillon and Maroney haven't been running all that well as of late. Their secondary is also VERY questionable.

Also, they got lucky by drawing the Jets at home who they'd already played and then they got the Chargers who imploded.

It's at the RCA dome instead of up in the cold and snow. Peyton has stunk it up the past two games yet the Colts still win. . .on the backs of their defense no less....

I think the Colts pull it out and see the Saints in Miami.

TexanAlum_06
01-17-2007, 02:17 AM
I think the Colts will take it this time around. Their run defense sucked a$$ for 16 weeks and is now starting to come together. IMO the Colts defense is the X factor. if they come to play defensively like they have the past 2 weeks. Then colts will be playing in Miami. And as far as the NFC, I want the bears to win but I think the Saints will take it by a TD or 2. Grossman sucks, period. If its snowing or really cold it will help the Bears chances.

g$$
01-17-2007, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
I just don't think this is the same Pats team that has tormented the Colts in the past.

Brady isn't playing great and Dillon and Maroney haven't been running all that well as of late. Their secondary is also VERY questionable.

Also, they got lucky by drawing the Jets at home who they'd already played and then they got the Chargers who imploded.

It's at the RCA dome instead of up in the cold and snow. Peyton has stunk it up the past two games yet the Colts still win. . .on the backs of their defense no less....

I think the Colts pull it out and see the Saints in Miami.

All good points, but the Pats keep winning. Gotta give them credit for that. I had Chargers - Saints in the SB. Now I guess it is Pats - Saints for me. Rooting for Drew Brees to win one for New Orleans now.

Chargers flat choked!

pirate4state
01-17-2007, 11:30 AM
I have been having a friendly debate with a friend of mine who hates the Patriots. He thinks this is the year Peyton finally gets past the Patriots. I think the Patriots have his number and he will be sitting at home, AGAIN after Sunday. Poor Peyton. I just don't think it's in the stars for him to win the big one, but I'd actually love it if he proves me wrong!! :thumbsup:

Anyway, my friend doesn't want to hear about the past. I think he is just afraid to admit I could be right about my boy Tom Brady!! :D :D

JasperDog94
01-17-2007, 11:34 AM
I'll root for any team against the Saints. Even my disdain for the Patriots won't stop me from rooting for them if they play New Orleans.

burnet44
01-17-2007, 11:50 AM
look at numnbers all you want
remember this

NEVER DISCOUNT THE HEART OF A CHAMPION

ask
Celina
SLC
Duke
Green Bay with Vince
Lance Armstrong
Mike
Nolan Ryan
Edwin Moses
Al Orter

champions all
never discount will, drive, and the heart of a champion

the pats may not win
but they are still playing

coach
01-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
look at numnbers all you want
remember this

NEVER DISCOUNT THE HEART OF A CHAMPION

ask
Celina
SLC
Duke
Green Bay with Vince
Lance Armstrong
Mike
Nolan Ryan
Edwin Moses
Al Orter

champions all
never discount will, drive, and the heart of a champion

nolan ryan? did he ever win a championship?

the pats may not win
but they are still playing

eagles_victory
01-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Tom Brady is rumored to be seeing Gisele what u got peyton

piratebg
01-17-2007, 02:42 PM
I'll take Brady over Manning everyday. Manning and Co always seem to break under the pressure this time of year, and Brady is just a proven winner. Even on his worst day, he still leads his team to victory. Pats win.

tigerpride_08
01-17-2007, 03:28 PM
i think Peyton will finally get the better of the Pats this year...

crzyjournalist03
01-17-2007, 06:29 PM
I believe that Tom Brady is without a doubt the best quarterback in the league. He's never had near the weapons that Peyton does, and he still wins. I think it's going to turn out like a Marino-Aikman argument. Plenty of people will take Marino because of his ability and numbers, but I'll take Aikman every time because he knew how to win rings.

eagles_victory
01-17-2007, 06:34 PM
even if tom loses he still comes home to this so its not so bad..... this guy cant lose

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/8796/giselebundchenze7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

feel free to pull mods if this picture doesnt meet board standards

LitanyofFury
01-17-2007, 06:34 PM
I think that if Tom Brady didn't have Bill Bellichek we would have never heard of the guy.

Meanwhile, Peyton is saddled with Tony Dungy who is a good coach and all, but known for not having a killer instinct and being able to gameplan against the best of them. I mean, right after he leaves in Tampa Gruden comes in and wins a Super Bowl with the exact same players....

Tony is supposed to be a defensive guy too, yet he's had all these years and the defense has flat out stunk and been their weakest point each and every year.

Tom and Co. can't win 'em all. At some point things have to swing back the other way and I think this is the week. Peyton is going to have a great game because it is at home and indoors and they is no Ty Law. So, if the defense shows up like they have the last two games. . .Colts by 14.

crzyjournalist03
01-17-2007, 06:37 PM
I think that if Tom Brady didn't have Bill Bellichek we would have never heard of the guy.

Meanwhile, Peyton is saddled with Tony Dungy who is a good coach and all, but known for not having a killer instinct and being able to gameplan against the best of them. I mean, right after he leaves in Tampa Gruden comes in and wins a Super Bowl with the exact same players....

Tony is supposed to be a defensive guy too, yet he's had all these years and the defense has flat out stunk and been their weakest point each and every year.

Tom and Co. can't win 'em all. At some point things have to swing back the other way and I think this is the week. Peyton is going to have a great game because it is at home and indoors and they is no Ty Law. So, if the defense shows up like they have the last two games. . .Colts by 14.

There's no doubt that a player has to have a good coach to become a star, but Tom Brady replaced Drew Bledsoe out of necessity, not out of chance. Brady has run with the opportunity ever since, and I would put him on ANY team in the league right now and guarantee he'd make them much better...heck, I'd bet anything that Brady would turn the Lions or Raiders into a seven win team!

g$$
01-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
even if tom loses he still comes home to this so its not so bad..... this guy cant lose

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/8796/giselebundchenze7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

feel free to pull mods if this picture doesnt meet board standards

Life is good for Tom Brady. He goes from Bridget Moynihan to Gisele! Poor guy...

eagles_victory
01-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Life is good for Tom Brady. He goes from Bridget Moynihan to Gisele! Poor guy... not normally my style but i wouldnt mind taking some of Bradys leftovers... i think hes passing jeter for most hot females dated

LitanyofFury
01-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
There's no doubt that a player has to have a good coach to become a star, but Tom Brady replaced Drew Bledsoe out of necessity, not out of chance. Brady has run with the opportunity ever since, and I would put him on ANY team in the league right now and guarantee he'd make them much better...heck, I'd bet anything that Brady would turn the Lions or Raiders into a seven win team!

All I know is that he sure didn't win the game for them this past weekend. I hope he sent Hallmark cards to all the Chargers that GAVE the game away to them. It made me sick. Penalties. . .interceptions that get fumbled and converted into Patriot first downs and TDs. . .it was just ridiculous. I hope the Pats bring a better game on Sunday, because if they don't the Colts are gonna roll 'em up like a cheap cig.

g$$
01-17-2007, 07:08 PM
All I know is that he sure didn't win the game for them this past weekend. I hope he sent Hallmark cards to all the Chargers that GAVE the game away to them. It made me sick. Penalties. . .interceptions that get fumbled and converted into Patriot first downs and TDs. . .it was just ridiculous. I hope the Pats bring a better game on Sunday, because if they don't the Colts are gonna roll 'em up like a cheap cig.

No doubt the Chargers folded like a cheap suitcase, but w/o Brady the Pats are sitting at home. Not bad for a 6th round draft pick who sent out films to get recruited to Michigan (& was a partial starter there). He has done ok!