PDA

View Full Version : Don't mind me!!

sinfan75
11-10-2002, 05:53 PM
I'm closin in on 500 so I'll be postin alot this week I think.So if it sounds stupid don't worry about.I don't post alot(taken me 2 years to get this far)so their might be some tortilla burger posts again.So bear with me folks.Once I get past 500 I'll go back to my usual once-in-a-while postin.

FBmania
11-10-2002, 08:37 PM
As long as you include recipes for your favorite tortilla burgers that's ok with me. I can't say that I've ever had one but if it originated in Texas, it's got to be good! wink

sinton66
11-10-2002, 09:05 PM
It originated in Sinton at a little place called "Tasty Taco" and has since spread to two other restaraunts in town. It's also available at Little Mexico and Freddie's Steakhouse in Sinton. I have it on good authority that the original at Tasty Taco is the best of the bunch.(according to my son).

sinfan75
11-11-2002, 05:38 AM
sinton66:
It originated in Sinton at a little place called "Tasty Taco" and has since spread to two other restaraunts in town. It's also available at Little Mexico and Freddie's Steakhouse in Sinton. I have it on good authority that the original at Tasty Taco is the best of the bunch.(according to my son).Little Mexico ain't far behind.Aint never tried Freddies.

PhiI C
11-11-2002, 09:49 AM
Good luck to Sinton against Hondo this week! I leave for Corpus in an hour for surgery so I may not be posting or replying for a while. I am PhiI C on this computer which is the same Phil C on the other computer. :) GO PIRATES!

SINTON81
11-11-2002, 10:50 AM
Does Freddies sell tortilla burgers? I have never had one from there.

I'm with you 75, I am close to making varsity.

Phil C, my prayers are with you.

Hannibal
11-11-2002, 11:17 AM
It is hard to beat the tortilla burger at Tasty Taco. Tried them at the other spots, but it just wasn't the same. Also, no one makes a super roll like Tasty Taco.

labrat99
11-11-2002, 11:48 AM
The tortilla burger sounds good. If you've got a recipe, post it. I still miss Burger Town in Bridge City. Their "pizza burger" was great.

There's nothing to compare to a hometown burger joint. The only problem is it's impossible to tell the good from the bad unless you've heard about them ahead of time.

2001GiddingsLB
11-11-2002, 01:09 PM
The old tortilla burger, no thank you I'll stick with my good ole sesame seed buns. Only so many things are good with tortillas, altough maybe if I had one I would change my mind.

exbccards76'smom
11-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Good luck to Sinton this week. Hope ya'll have a injury free game.

GEAUX BIG RED!!
BEAT BARBER'S HILL!!
http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gif

SintonFan
11-11-2002, 03:25 PM
sinfan75:

sinton66:
It originated in Sinton at a little place called "Tasty Taco" and has since spread to two other restaraunts in town. It's also available at Little Mexico and Freddie's Steakhouse in Sinton. I have it on good authority that the original at Tasty Taco is the best of the bunch.(according to my son).Little Mexico ain't far behind.Aint never tried Freddies.Hey 75, do you like yours with or with out salsa?
Also, both Tasty Taco and Little Mexico use homemade tortillas, right? How often do you eat a tortilla burger? I like Little Mexico's, too. Have you tried 66's wine yet? A little sprite and he could sell them as coolers. What's your take on Sinton playing on Saturday? Are you a bud or light guy? Why is the sky blue? Please respond to each question in a seperate response.
By God, we'll get you to 500 before the night is over. LOL :D :D :D
this tension is killing me... wink

SintonFan
11-11-2002, 03:29 PM
exbccards76'smom:
Good luck to Sinton this week. Hope ya'll have a injury free game.

GEAUX BIG RED!!
BEAT BARBER'S HILL!!
http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gifThanks! I hope your team too comes out unscathed. Good luck to Bridge City.

sinfan75
11-11-2002, 04:36 PM
SintonFan:

sinfan75:

sinton66:
It originated in Sinton at a little place called "Tasty Taco" and has since spread to two other restaraunts in town. It's also available at Little Mexico and Freddie's Steakhouse in Sinton. I have it on good authority that the original at Tasty Taco is the best of the bunch.(according to my son).Little Mexico ain't far behind.Aint never tried Freddies.Hey 75, do you like yours with or with out salsa?
Also, both Tasty Taco and Little Mexico use homemade tortillas, right? How often do you eat a tortilla burger? I like Little Mexico's, too. Have you tried 66's wine yet? A little sprite and he could sell them as coolers. What's your take on Sinton playing on Saturday? Are you a bud or light guy? Why is the sky blue? Please respond to each question in a seperate response.
this tension is killing me... wink Without salsa but lots of jalapinos!

sinfan75
11-11-2002, 04:39 PM
SintonFan:

sinfan75:

sinton66:
this tension is killing me... wink At least but no more than twice a week.Gotta keep variety in my life. :D

sinfan75
11-11-2002, 04:43 PM
SintonFan:

sinfan75:

sinton66:
this tension is killing me... wink Ain't tried the wine.I AIN'T NO WINO!!!

sinfan75
11-11-2002, 04:47 PM
SintonFan:

sinfan75:

sinton66:
this tension is killing me... wink Sinton should do good on Saturday.Hope they all wake up on time.Kinda cuts in to my Saturday toddies but I can survive.

sinfan75
11-11-2002, 04:49 PM
SintonFan:

sinfan75:

sinton66:
this tension is killing me... wink

sinfan75
11-11-2002, 04:54 PM
SintonFan:

sinfan75:

sinton66:
this tension is killing me... wink I'm a Bud man but if it's free it's all good. :D :D :D

Matthew328
11-11-2002, 04:55 PM
OK all year I have heard about these tortilla burgers...someone post what it is or post a recipe!! LOL

sinfan75
11-11-2002, 04:58 PM
SintonFan:

sinfan75:

sinton66:
this tension is killing me... wink Last I saw it it was blue with a touch of white!

sinfan75
11-11-2002, 05:09 PM
labrat99:
The tortilla burger sounds good. If you've got a recipe, post it. I still miss Burger Town in Bridge City. Their "pizza burger" was great.

There's nothing to compare to a hometown burger joint. The only problem is it's impossible to tell the good from the bad unless you've heard about them ahead of time.How to make a tortilla burger:
One grill/bbq pit
Hamburger patties
Cheddar cheese
Refried beans
tortillas-Preferably home-made;if not HEB is ok
pickles,onions(lettuce and tomato optional)
If ya like jalapinos add them.
Fix it just like you would a hamburger and you got it.

sinton66
11-11-2002, 05:20 PM
If you like Mexican style food, you can add salsa, hot or mild to your liking. If you like things EXTREMELY hot, talk to me about getting you some hot sauce. We have the hottest stuff in the world here in Houston. There are two that are made here. "Dave's Insanity" runs about 1 million BTU's on the heat index, and the other is "Death by Stupidity" which runs about 1-1/2 million BTU's. These are used on people who say "you can't get it too hot for me!". I say wanna bet? (I haven't lost one yet.) wink

<small>[ November 11, 2002, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

sinfan75
11-11-2002, 05:25 PM
sinfan75:

labrat99:

There's nothing to compare to a hometown burger joint. The only problem is it's impossible to tell the good from the bad unless you've heard about them ahead of time.How to make a tortilla burger:
One grill/bbq pit
Hamburger patties
Cheddar cheese
Refried beans
tortillas-Preferably home-made;if not HEB is ok
pickles,onions(lettuce and tomato optional)
If ya like jalapinos add them.
Fix it just like you would a hamburger and you got it.Put your tortillas in aluminum foil and heat em on the pit.Makes em taste better.

sinfan75
11-11-2002, 05:34 PM
sinton66:
If you like Mexican style food, you can add salsa, hot or mild to your liking. If you like things EXTREMELY hot, talk to me about getting you some hot sauce. We have the hottest stuff in the world here in Houston. There are two that are made here. "Dave's Insanity" runs about 1 million BTU's on the heat index, and the other is "Death by Stupidity" which runs about 1-1/2 million BTU's. These are used on people who say "you can't get it too hot for me!". I say wanna bet? (I haven't lost one yet.) wink I'll stick with the jalapinos,thank you very much!!

sinton66
11-11-2002, 05:40 PM
Jalapenos are warm for sure, but both these sauces are made from Habanero seeds and capsicum oil.! Woo eeeee! MUCHO caliente!!!!

<small>[ November 11, 2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

PPHSfan
11-11-2002, 06:51 PM
Las hamburguesas de la tortilla son como mujeres. Están mucho mejor con tequila y las cales.

FBmania
11-11-2002, 07:11 PM
I think I will fire up the ole grill this weekend and try these famous burgers you speak of. That's if I can wait that long. :D

Good luck to everyones favorite team this weekend!!!

SOARING BLUE EAGLES!!

SintonFan
11-11-2002, 08:05 PM
Only like 15 more to go! 75, now you only have to worry about PPHSFan passing you up this week to 500. :D
1: 75, when is the last time you passed through SA? 2: Have you seen Calallen play this year? 3: Did you know Burnet's mascot are the hated Bulldogs? 4: (Can someone phhhuuullease buy the rights to that song and take all copies to a kiln?) 5: Do you think Hondo will give Sinton a good game? 6: If free beer taste good, does that mean there is no bad beer? ( I digress)7: What's the capital of Dakota (either one)?
8: How much is the buffet at Butter Churn now? 9: What's a good place to take a formal prom queen in San Patricio county? (hehe, no offense formal queens) 10: How many pesos make a standard US dollar now? 11: Can you solve a Rubik's cube? 12: BTW, what does orange really smell like?
Please take your time...
:D :D :D

ps... when you see this:
eek! , what do you really see? :p

SintonFan
11-11-2002, 09:33 PM
Back to top so 75 can answer one at a time...

sinton66
11-11-2002, 09:40 PM
Hey buddy, you might need some help here, you only came up with a dozen, and he needed fifteen or so. Ya got more or you want some help? :D

sinton66
11-11-2002, 11:09 PM
ttt

SINTON81
11-11-2002, 11:30 PM
Sinton75, Let me help. What time is it?

SINTON81
11-11-2002, 11:31 PM
And now, what time is it?

SINTON81
11-11-2002, 11:34 PM
How about now?

SINTON81
11-11-2002, 11:37 PM
How about now?

SINTON81
11-11-2002, 11:41 PM
How many more posts till I make varsity?

SintonFan
11-12-2002, 12:27 AM
SINTON81:
How many more posts till I make varsity?5 for you...
For 75, 11 + 5... hehe a joke!
Now 81, answer the 1st five questions of my thread for 75. Each it's own response, though. Then you will be Varsity... :D :D :D
Lets have some fun... wink

sinfan75
11-12-2002, 05:21 AM
Answer to question 1?Couple of months ago.Job related though.couldn't stop and play.

sinfan75
11-12-2002, 05:23 AM
Answer to Question 2?Nope didn't see Calallen play this year.

sinfan75
11-12-2002, 05:26 AM
Answer to Question 3?Yes but maybe they won't play "Who Let The Dogs Out"!!

sinfan75
11-12-2002, 05:30 AM
Answer to Question 4? If I could I would but I Can't!!

sinfan75
11-12-2002, 05:32 AM
No.5? Maybe the 1st half!

sinfan75
11-12-2002, 05:37 AM
No.6? Except for Schlitz and Shaefers.They nasty!I'd have to turn those down and go to water.

sinfan75
11-12-2002, 05:39 AM
Don't know! Ain't got no map!

sinfan75
11-12-2002, 05:42 AM
Don't know,every time I go there the bosses pay for it!LOL

sinfan75
11-12-2002, 05:45 AM
Refuse to tell my hidin places.

SINTON81
11-12-2002, 09:12 AM
Last time I went to S.A. was June 2002.

SINTON81
11-12-2002, 09:13 AM
No, I have not seen Calallen play this year.

SINTON81
11-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Yes I knew about Burnet's mascot.

SINTON81
11-12-2002, 09:21 AM
If Hondo does give Sinton a game, I hope Sinton wins and no one gets hurt.

SINTON81
11-12-2002, 09:24 AM
Well what do you know, I made varsity. Funny thing is that I wasn't even trying. LOL

Thanks, SintonFan.

Big Tarp 74
11-12-2002, 02:33 PM
Sinton 66, said you might be able to shed a litte light on Aransas Pass. Know they have a big running back. Are they big, and fast? Do they throw the ball alot? Have not been keeping up with this district. Port Isabel is a Div. II team. I know AP they played sinton, but I also know that sinton is highly ranked. Port Isabel is not ranked, but has had some stiff games. The one with Los Fresnos, was a tough one. In this game we faced the states top 4A passing and running team. Was hard to stop their offense. I am very intrested in what you have to say.

Hannibal:
It is hard to beat the tortilla burger at Tasty Taco. Tried them at the other spots, but it just wasn't the same. Also, no one makes a super roll like Tasty Taco.