PDA

View Full Version : Texas @ OK State

Snyder_TigerFan
01-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Great game so far - OK State is up 38-36 at the half.

tigerpride_08
01-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Texas will pull it out...how many does Durant have?

Pmoney
01-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
Texas will pull it out...how many does Durant have?
i sure hope so it would be a big win for Texas....he has 10 pts

awizzy
01-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
i sure hope so it would be a big win for Texas....he has 10 pts
we need to find a better way to get him the ball hes only 4-8 and has had a few fast break shots

sahen
01-16-2007, 10:16 PM
wow, did anyone see the shot that OSU just made (Eaton shot it while falling out of bounds) as the shot clock ran out??....unbelievable!

Snyder_TigerFan
01-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by sahen
wow, did anyone see the shot that OSU just made (Eaton shot it while falling out of bounds) as the shot clock ran out??....unbelievable!

Ya, that shot was pretty sweet.

awizzy
01-16-2007, 10:47 PM
the refs are so bad...maybe i am just mad but come on that last one on durant was bad

sahen
01-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
the refs are so bad...maybe i am just mad but come on that last one on durant was bad they are letting them play on both sides, atleast thats the way i see it....its a really good game so far

AggieJohn
01-16-2007, 10:49 PM
the pokes come to college station on thursday

sahen
01-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
should be a good game...my guess is yall win thurs, but prolly lose when yall go to stillwater, but both will prolly be close and could go either way late....

CalallenWildcat
01-16-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm having a hard time here, I grew up a Longhorn fan, but Oklahoma State is offering me a MUCH larger scholarship than UT is...plus they make me feel more wanted...

GO COWBOYS!

CalallenWildcat
01-16-2007, 11:01 PM
We're going to overtime

Snyder_TigerFan
01-16-2007, 11:01 PM
OT!!! What a game! Wow.

JHS_c/o_06'
01-16-2007, 11:02 PM
good game

sahen
01-16-2007, 11:02 PM
this game has been insane the whole time...its like watching a ping pong ball going back in forth

awizzy
01-16-2007, 11:03 PM
what a game...and we get five more minutes

CalallenWildcat
01-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Some of the "college literature" I got from Oklahoma State said "Orange is more than a color, it's a spirit. It isn't burnt and is never mistaken for crimson."

I guess we know who their rivals are :D

CalallenWildcat
01-16-2007, 11:18 PM
This game is coming down to the wire... tied at 83 with 12.9 seconds left

Gallagher-Iba Arena looks awesome

CalallenWildcat
01-16-2007, 11:19 PM
ESPN should have had Dick Vitale calling this game...sure he'd be irritating, but I can almost hear him now "IT'S AWESOME BABY"

Oklahoma State gets the put-back but too late...we are headed to 2OT

Snyder_TigerFan
Double OT!!!!

JHS_c/o_06'
when its a game like this.....i dont see how the rankings can change......if its that close....because if OSU loses...they go down in rankings and Texas goes up....but if Texas loses.....they go way down...and OSU stays the same or goes up....but doesnt that mean that Texas was barley almost as good as the #14 team. So shouldnt they go up a place or two?

awizzy
01-16-2007, 11:20 PM
i cant watch anymore i am about to die here

CalallenWildcat
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
when its a game like this.....i dont see how the rankings can change......if its that close....because if OSU loses...they go down in rankings and Texas goes up....but if Texas loses.....they go way down...and OSU stays the same or goes up....but doesnt that mean that Texas was barley almost as good as the #14 team. So shouldnt they go up a place or two?

The pollsters may think the same as you...we shall see next Monday

Snyder_TigerFan
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
ESPN should have had Dick Vitale calling this game...sure he'd be irritating, but I can almost hear him now "IT'S AWESOME BABY"

I like Rick Marjerus's analysis.

Pmoney
01-16-2007, 11:21 PM
i cant watch anymore i am about to die here
stick in there!

CalallenWildcat
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I like Rick Marjerus's analysis.

Oh yeah he's much better than Vitale at actually talking about basketball...but he's not NEARLY as entertaining :D

Pmoney
This is an awesome game

Snyder_TigerFan
01-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Oh yeah he's much better than Vitale at actually talking about basketball...but he's not NEARLY as entertaining :D

Ya, I'll agree with that.

Snyder_TigerFan
01-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Hatch hasn't even messed up his hair.

LitanyofFury
01-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Good golly. . .3 OTs.

c-town_balla
01-16-2007, 11:40 PM
wow this game even has craig way flustered

awizzy
okay i didnt die but if we loose this one i just might kill my self

pirate4state
This is nuts. I don't even like basketball and am watching this game.

Snyder_TigerFan
01-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Crappy Crap Crap. Sucks to lose like that.

pirate4state
01-16-2007, 11:56 PM
What a goober!! HaHa. Still a good game for basketball

sahen
01-16-2007, 11:57 PM
wow, one of the best games i have seen ever.....crazy

awizzy
01-16-2007, 11:57 PM
i think i might be sick...texas has lost 4 games this year one to mich st. at the buzzer lost to tenn. in overtime but lofton hit a long three to tie it up and this one they could very easly be 16-1 instead with a lil bad luck they are 13-4 and will again drop out the top 25

LitanyofFury
01-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Like I said. . .this Texas team is fun to watch! What a game.

Snyder_TigerFan
01-16-2007, 11:58 PM
i think i might be sick...texas has lost 4 games this year one to mich st. at the buzzer lost to tenn. in overtime but lofton hit a long three to tie it up and this one they could very easly be 16-1 instead with a lil bad luck they are 13-4 and will again drop out the top 25

They'll go far in March. They are getting better and better.

CalallenWildcat
01-16-2007, 11:59 PM
A good win for the Cowboys, but above all an excellent college basketball game that could have gone either way. Hats off to both teams for playing hard for 55 minutes.

Txbroadcaster
01-16-2007, 11:59 PM
They wont drop out unless they lose later in the week..They just took a top 15 team to the mat on the road in conference. The Voters especially coach's poll wont drop them to far

c-town_balla
01-17-2007, 12:00 AM
why did they storm the court? they just beat a team ranked 7 spot lower than thereselfs

CalallenWildcat
01-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
why did they storm the court? they just beat a team ranked 7 spot lower than thereselfs

They just beat their rival (yes, UT is an OSU rival) in one of the greatest games since the inception of the Big XII.

LitanyofFury
01-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla

Leave 'em alone. . .they have it bad enough living in Oklahoma.;)

g$$
01-17-2007, 12:08 AM
That was a classic. Shame anyone had to lose. Neither team has depth, & it might hurt them in the end. Both played 6-7 guys all night. I hope OK State is tired when they come to College Station this Sat. to play the #8 Aggies!

Big 12 is officially a basketball league now too, & only getting better.

g$$
01-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
They wont drop out unless they lose later in the week..They just took a top 15 team to the mat on the road in conference. The Voters especially coach's poll wont drop them to far

True, & Gallagher-Iba is one of the toughest home courts in the country. OK State is undefeated at home right now.

g$$
01-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

NO, it's Sat. night at 7:00PM, Reed Arena in CS.

On tv too!

eagles_victory
01-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Texas will be a very tough out in the tournament they have final four talent

g$$
01-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Texas will be a very tough out in the tournament they have final four talent

No they don't because they lack depth. Durant is a stud & Augustin is coming on strong, but not Final 4 talent. Lack big men inside, & Dexter Pittman can't get off the bench. James is a banger with limited offensive skills. Abrams is a shooter & little else.

They are good no doubt, but not Final 4 good. They will make the Tourney & may win 1-2 games depending on draw.

eagles_victory
01-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by g$$
No they don't because they lack depth. Durant is a stud & Augustin is coming on strong, but not Final 4 talent. Lack big men inside, & Dexter Pittman can't get off the bench. James is a banger with limited offensive skills. Abrams is a shooter & little else.

They are good no doubt, but not Final 4 good. They will make the Tourney & may win 1-2 games depending on draw. we will see... i think they will go farther then a&m but like you said a lot depends on the draw

g$$
01-17-2007, 01:01 AM
we will see... i think they will go farther then a&m but like you said a lot depends on the draw

I say this with all objectivity: Texas is better offensively but A&M is head & shoulders better defensively. A&M leads the conference in FG % allowed. Defense wins games when the going gets tough. Ask Syracuse last year vs. A&M. LSU won on a buzzer beater too. A&M is better on paper because of that & returning experience, esp. depth-wise. A&M will play 8-9 guys every game. Law & Jones will be the difference.

The draw is the key though...

eagles_victory
01-17-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I say this with all objectivity: Texas is better offensively but A&M is head & shoulders better defensively. A&M leads the conference in FG % allowed. Defense wins games when the going gets tough. Ask Syracuse last year vs. A&M. LSU won on a buzzer beater too. A&M is better on paper because of that & returning experience, esp. depth-wise. A&M will play 8-9 guys every game. Law & Jones will be the difference.

The draw is the key though... I wont argue with you on the argument about defense. A&M is a better defensive team but I just think its going to be hard to slow Texas down on offense but granted for the final 4 their going to have to pick up the D and get Damion James scoring more and Abrams will have to play better then he did tonight.

g$$
01-17-2007, 01:14 AM
I wont argue with you on the argument about defense. A&M is a better defensive team but I just think its going to be hard to slow Texas down on offense but granted for the final 4 their going to have to pick up the D and get Damion James scoring more and Abrams will have to play better then he did tonight.

A&M is better this year in BCG's 3rd year, plus we lost 1 contributor in hustler Chris Walker. A&M should be better than a young Texas team & challenging Kansas for the title.

What will happen? That is why you play the games.

eagles_victory
01-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by g$$
A&M is better this year in BCG's 3rd year, plus we lost 1 contributor in hustler Chris Walker. A&M should be better than a young Texas team & challenging Kansas for the title.

What will happen? That is why you play the games. IMO Texas will at least split with A&M

TexanAlum_06
01-17-2007, 02:09 AM
Im not a big basketball fan but DANG that was a good one. I may have to get a ticket for when A&M comes to town. when is that game?

g$$
01-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Im not a big basketball fan but DANG that was a good one. I may have to get a ticket for when A&M comes to town. when is that game?

A&M / Texas men's basketball:
Feb. 5th = @ College Station
Feb. 28th = @ Austin

both games are on tv too!

gtownpoke
01-17-2007, 02:31 AM
I was at the game tonight... o my god that was amazing.

JasperDog94
01-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Leave 'em alone. . .they have it bad enough living in Oklahoma.;) nice

Phil C
01-17-2007, 11:20 AM
A great game by both teams! And we get them in Austin next time! :)

Snyder_TigerFan
01-17-2007, 11:26 AM
One thing I didn't realize is that Kansas beat Oklahoma State by 30.:eek: :eek: The game was played in KS, but still, 30!?:eek:

CalallenWildcat
01-17-2007, 12:07 PM
nm, link broken

Bulldog_12
01-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Ok, ill be the realist here. This was an entertaining game, but both teams looked terrible. Neither team could beat the press to save their lives. Texas plays little to no defense. Durant jacks up threes (4-12). OSU has no concept of time management and cannot beat the ball screen. And if either gets into a game where the refs let them play, they are screwed.
Are these teams dangerous? Yes.
Are they fundamentally sound? No.

I can see the horns splitting with us, but I predict a thorough beat-down in CS and us losing in Austin. I also think OSU could get us on the road if they get hot like JamesOn and Boggan were.

tigerpride_08
01-17-2007, 02:18 PM
i just saw that crazy shot this morning on ESPN from OSU's Eaton...:eek: amazing...

Snyder_TigerFan
01-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Ok, ill be the realist here. This was an entertaining game, but both teams looked terrible. Neither team could beat the press to save their lives. Texas plays little to no defense. Durant jacks up threes (4-12). OSU has no concept of time management and cannot beat the ball screen. And if either gets into a game where the refs let them play, they are screwed.
Are these teams dangerous? Yes.
Are they fundamentally sound? No.

I can see the horns splitting with us, but I predict a thorough beat-down in CS and us losing in Austin. I also think OSU could get us on the road if they get hot like JamesOn and Boggan were.

I didn't think either team looked terrible. I agree that Durant threw up some threes when he shouldn't have - there were others that did that as well. To many threes and not enough penetration. James played well early, but made some costly mistakes late in the game.

I thought this was a very physical game and the refs did let them play. There were a lot of non calls. A&M will have their hand full with both OSU and Texas. If Texas can play a game like that at Gallagher-Iba Arena, then one would assume that they won't be bothered to much playing in College Station.

g$$
01-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I didn't think either team looked terrible. I agree that Durant threw up some threes when he shouldn't have - there were others that did that as well. To many threes and not enough penetration. James played well early, but made some costly mistakes late in the game.

I thought this was a very physical game and the refs did let them play. There were a lot of non calls. A&M will have their hand full with both OSU and Texas. If Texas can play a game like that at Gallagher-Iba Arena, then one would assume that they won't be bothered to much playing in College Station.

Good points. That game last night was very physical & the refs let them play no doubt. Both teams also made crucial mistakes, like shot clock issues & beating the press. Neither played much defense either. A&M will be ready, count on that. BCG can flat coach & always keeps the hammer down, esp. on defense.

Bulldog_12
01-17-2007, 05:44 PM

please, both teams were really bad. texas is bad defensively and osu plays stupid offense. the refs let them play and neither team could adjust at all. there is no way you can say that these teams looked good last night.

awizzy
01-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
please, both teams were really bad. texas is bad defensively and osu plays stupid offense. the refs let them play and neither team could adjust at all. there is no way you can say that these teams looked good last night.
i didnt think either team played that bad...you said neither team played any defense but each tean avg well into the 80 in PPG and they were tied at 71 a piece at the end of regulation..so each team held other to below their season avg.

however for either one of these teams to be a factor come march and april they are going to have to play better D

g$$
01-17-2007, 06:08 PM
i didnt think either team played that bad...you said neither team played any defense but each tean avg well into the 80 in PPG and they were tied at 71 a piece at the end of regulation..so each team held other to below their season avg.

however for either one of these teams to be a factor come march and april they are going to have to play better D

Both lack depth & neither plays much defense. Texas is very young & getting better, but they lack an inside presence. Durant can do it all, no doubt, but if they had a true big man to grab boards & control the middle, look out. They obviously do not (Dexter Pittman has been a bust & they were hoping he would be that guy.)

awizzy
01-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Both lack depth & neither plays much defense. Texas is very young & getting better, but they lack an inside presence. Durant can do it all, no doubt, but if they had a true big man to grab boards & control the middle, look out. They obviously do not (Dexter Pittman has been a bust & they were hoping he would be that guy.)
i wouldnt call pittman a bust quiet yet he is only a freshman and is still a work in progress..its for sure he has been putting in the work to loose wieght put his game might come around a year to late when durant is already gone

g$$
01-17-2007, 06:25 PM
i wouldnt call pittman a bust quiet yet he is only a freshman and is still a work in progress..its for sure he has been putting in the work to loose wieght put his game might come around a year to late when durant is already gone

Maybe so, but they were hoping for more when Aldridge went pro. He has done NOTHING & is overweight. He's sure not his daddy, Johnny Pittman from Terry HS. I played against Johnny! Johnny got a bunch of schools in trouble too recruiting him (like Kentucky). He finished up at OK State & then went overseas.

crzyjournalist03
01-17-2007, 06:33 PM
my wife was cursing the television last night as the game kept going...she was a college tennis player, and she was dying to see the Australian Open. She settled for this game, and while it was highly entertaining, I couldn't help but root for a fourth OT just to see her reaction! :evillol:

GOFOR2
01-17-2007, 08:04 PM
It was one heck of a game. I picked it up at the beginning of the 2nd half. I just wished the Horns had won. It was very a entertaining contest. You really coulded be too disappointed in the loss. The effort was great.

JakefootballGOD
01-17-2007, 09:02 PM
best college bball game i have seen in quite some time!