tigerpride_08
01-16-2007, 06:00 PM
to an NFL team...:D

Phil C
01-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Why? :(

wedo
01-16-2007, 06:03 PM
I don't know if he is all that great. yeah he set the record for td passes but IMO i think its the system. Look at Timmy Chang he has panned out in the NFL either! Kinda like the Texas Tech qbs!

Cameron Crazy
01-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Colt Brennan deserves some respect from everyone he is going to be a top recruit. Yes there is Jarret,Peterson and all the other top of the line recruits but i really do think this guy will be big..Just my opinion!

tigerpride_08
01-16-2007, 06:29 PM
personally, i thought he should have stayed another year...

carter08
01-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
personally, i thought he should have stayed another year...

take the money and run

AggieJohn
01-16-2007, 07:11 PM
i'm disapointed

pantherpop
01-16-2007, 07:26 PM
dont really like his release , throws side armed , and i know the nfl scouts wont like it either. vince young got away with it because hes a play maker and can run plus he's about 6"5. colt in my opinion wont make that good of a nfl qb. passing schools qb's never really get to the nfl and make it (timmy chang, klif kingsbury, b.j symmons, cody hodges) all great in college put up huge numbers but i think kingsbury is the only one in the nfl (bills) and bj was on the texans but i think he was cut

buff4life
01-16-2007, 07:28 PM
he should stay at hawaii....

TexanAlum_06
01-16-2007, 07:32 PM
NFL europe. or CFL

pantherpop
01-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
NFL europe. or CFL yeap

charlesrixey
01-16-2007, 08:43 PM
cut those touchdowns by 50 and raise interceptions by ten his first year

(59-8)

tigerpride_08
01-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by carter08
take the money and run

alot of players do that now a days...too bad:(

carter08
01-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
alot of players do that now a days...too bad:(

what would you do

take a few million dollars
or risk getting hurt
well, not you personally

tigerpride_08
01-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by carter08
what would you do

take a few million dollars
or risk getting hurt
well, not you personally

well you don't have to pay to go to school so you might as well finish it out...and you might get hurt, but what's to say you don't get a career ending hit in the NFL...and if that happened, you would have a degree to fall back on....;)

and plus, if the players stay they get insurance...so that covers why i wouldnt leave...:)

TexanAlum_06
01-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Even though I dont think he will amount to much ni the NFL. he is making a smart choice by leaving now. Because one of the only reasons if not the ONLY reason his name is being mentioned right now is because he broke the TD pass record. So lets say he comes back next year and has an average year, his draft stock will drop. Its kinda like VY, as far as development goes, i think he needed another year at UT. but as far as money and business goes, he stock couldnt really get any higher, and if he would of come back he woudl of risked injury and the possibility of having a dissapointing season. which would of hurt his draft status. So with all said, I think Brennan made a good decision.

LitanyofFury
01-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Even though I dont think he will amount to much ni the NFL. he is making a smart choice by leaving now. Because one of the only reasons if not the ONLY reason his name is being mentioned right now is because he broke the TD pass record. So lets say he comes back next year and has an average year, his draft stock will drop. Its kinda like VY, as far as development goes, i think he needed another year at UT. but as far as money and business goes, he stock couldnt really get any higher, and if he would of come back he woudl of risked injury and the possibility of having a dissapointing season. which would of hurt his draft status. So with all said, I think Brennan made a good decision.

I don't think he'll make it in the NFL either, but Kiper has him high on his draft board for some reason.

26. Colt Brennan Jr. QB Hawaii

charlesrixey
01-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Mel Kiper hasn't thought too much of other Hawaii QB's, don't know why now is any different. He normally doesn't take too kindly to 'system' quarterbacks

big daddy russ
01-17-2007, 01:37 AM
System QB's aren't always NFL flops. Steve Young, Drew Brees, and Chad Pennington were all "system QB's." They turned out fine.

Scouts like a kid who has an NFL arm, size, IQ, and competitiveness. Kingsbury didn't have the arm. BJ Symons didn't have the arm. Or the size. Timmy Chang didn't have the arm or the IQ.

g$$
01-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
System QB's aren't always NFL flops. Steve Young, Drew Brees, and Chad Pennington were all "system QB's." They turned out fine.

Scouts like a kid who has an NFL arm, size, IQ, and competitiveness. Kingsbury didn't have the arm. BJ Symons didn't have the arm. Or the size. Timmy Chang didn't have the arm or the IQ.

Excactly. Y'all are labeling him as another Hawaii qb when you forget he was a stud recruit to Colorado who got dismissed from school in the rape scandal. Kid has ability & seems to have grown up. Probably 2nd round pick in the end.

kepdawg
01-17-2007, 11:28 PM
He withdrew from the draft and is staying in school.