PDA

View Full Version : movies in HD

Emerson1
01-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Why are movie theaters not showing movies in HD? To expensive or what?

Adidas410s
01-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why are movie theaters not showing movies in HD? To expensive or what?

I don't think anybody has been releasing films in HD for theaters to show...wait for TMer to answer this one I guess but I haven't seen him around in a few days...

DU_stud04
01-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Why are movie theaters not showing movies in HD? To expensive or what? wondered the same thing the other night.....hmm.

Emerson1
01-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Are theater projectors digital, or is it still film?

TMer25
01-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I don't think anybody has been releasing films in HD for theaters to show...wait for TMer to answer this one I guess but I haven't seen him around in a few days...

Film actually has a higher resolution than HD. A few films have been shot with HD cameras, such as Superman Returns, Star Wars Ep 1-3. Most directors still prefer the look of film over digital video. If you want to see a film in the theater, and have that HD look to it, stick to theaters that use DLP projectors. The print has been transferred to digital for those, so lots of the grain and dirt specs never get displayed on the screen.

Cameron Crazy
01-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
Film actually has a higher resolution than HD. A few films have been shot with HD cameras, such as Superman Returns, Star Wars Ep 1-3. Most directors still prefer the look of film over digital video. If you want to see a film in the theater, and have that HD look to it, stick to theaters that use DLP projectors. The print has been transferred to digital for those, so lots of the grain and dirt specs never get displayed on the screen. He knows his stuff!

mwynn05
01-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Are theater projectors digital, or is it still film? yeah my friend works at cinemark and form what he says its still film...they still have to build them.

TMer25
01-16-2007, 10:16 PM
I know there are a couple of Cinemark's in Plano that have multiple DLP screens. The Tinseltown in Plano was actually one of TI's DLP theater test sites with the Star Wars Episode 1 theatrical release.

Bandera YaYa
01-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Why are movie theaters not showing movies in HD? To expensive or what? OMg what is it with you and HD??? :confused: :confused: :confused: