PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 Picks and Analysis

Matthew328
02-16-2003, 10:34 PM
Ingram Moore (18-12) vs LaVernia (22-7)
I really like Tom Moore...but LaVernia is really playing well..can't go against the Bears..Matt's pick: LAVERNIA

Halletsville (19-12) vs Rice Consolidated (16-14)
A very good matchup here...Halletsville made a great run last year..can they do it again?? Rice and the other 2 teams in 28-3A make the region much deeper in hoops with their athleticism across the board....I am gonna take the Raiders in a close one..maybe the best game in Region 4 for this round..Matt's pick: RICE CONSOLIDATED

Pearsall (10-15) vs CC West Oso (16-14)
Yeah West Oso is down..but come playoff time keep an eye on them..Pearsall didn't exactly storm into the playoffs.....29-3A may be the weakest district in the region..Matt's pick: WEST OSO

Orange Grove (19-12) vs Pharr Valley View (22-10)
You guys know my region 4 policy....I always take 32-3A over 31-3A...so give me Pharr VV...Matt's pick: PHARR VALLEY VIEW

Burnet (17-15) vs Somerset (23-6)
I like this matchup..Burnet seems to be healthier after suffering injuries to many key components..the Bulldogs seem to be coming together..Coach McGee deserves a ton of credit..but Somerset is a team that is playing well...I am gonna pick a mild upset here..Matt's pick: BURNET

Goliad vs Wharton (17-15)
Basketball is a game where the difference in athleticism is magnified a lot..Wharton is a team whose athletes are great..I think they carry the Tigers in this one..Matt's pick: WHARTON

Hondo (11-20) vs Sinton (14-14)
Watch out for the Pirates in Region 4..they are a sleeper...Sinton's coach has those guys playing very well..Sinton rolls..Matt's pick: SINTON

Bishop (12-15) vs Pt Isabel (21-11)
Keep an eye on the Tarpons..another Region 4 sleeper..which should make many on our board happy! Matt's pick: Pt Isabel

Recap
LaVernia
Rice Consolidated
CC West Oso
Pharr Valley View
Burnet
Wharton
Sinton
Pt Isabel

Jacket2000
02-16-2003, 11:40 PM
Ingram Moore (18-12) vs LaVernia (22-7)
I gotta go with the records here. My pick: LV

Halletsville (19-12) vs Rice Consolidated (16-14)
This pumpkinball stuff is wearing me out. Lemmie pull my coin back out. Ok, I'll go with Rice.

Pearsall (10-15) vs CC West Oso (16-14)
West Oso lost more games that Pearsall won. That's enough for me. I'll go with the Bears.

Orange Grove (19-12) vs Pharr Valley View (22-10)
Who in the hell is Pharr Valley View? I didnt even know they had an athletic dept. Gotta go with OG.

I dont think Burnet will get the chance to argue that they're #2 in thump thump. I'll go with Somerset

Goliad vs Wharton (17-15)
Goliad got whipped during the Texas revolution, I figure it'll happen again. My pick:Wharton

How in the hell do you lose 20 games in any sport and still make the playoffs? Like I said, it's a Communist sport. Of course, Sinton's record isnt too impressive either. In the 3A NIT, I'll go with Sinton.

Now, I never pass up a chance to get the PI folks hollerin', but a team that loses more games than they win has no business in the playoffs. So, I'll go with the Fightin' Guppies.

J2K

<small>[ February 16, 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Jacket2000 ]</small>

SintonFan
02-17-2003, 04:47 AM
Jacket2000:
How in the hell do you lose 20 games in any sport and still make the playoffs? Like I said, it's a Communist sport. Of course, Sinton's record isnt too impressive either. In the 3A NIT, I'll go with Sinton.J2KHehe...

ROFLMAO!

I guess I haven't heard BB aquaited with Commune-ist before. j/k

HotDawg89
02-17-2003, 09:43 AM
Jacket2000:
I dont think Burnet will get the chance to argue that they're #2 in thump thump. I'll go with Somerset

J2KI gotta agree with you on this one. Burnet is not as strong without Stephen McGee at guard. (He opted not to play this year, as he was injured during football season.) Frankly, I'm surprised Burnet made it to the playoffs at all. But I am a die hard Dawg fan, and I hope I'm wrong.

turbostud
02-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by J2K
Who in the hell is Pharr Valley View? J2K, in case you are dying to know, Valley View High School is located in Pharr, Tx(which is right next to McAllen). Pharr is consolidated with two other towns, San Juan and Alamo, and they have three high schools PSJA North Raiders(5a), PSJA Bears(4a)and PSJA Memorial Wolverines(4a) Somehow Valley View is not consolidated with PSJA and are an ISD. Valley View doesnt play football so they are usually good enough to make the playoffs in basketball.

<small>[ February 17, 2003, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: turbostud ]</small>

Jacket2000
02-17-2003, 03:53 PM
I know where Pharr is, but I hadnt heard of Valley View. They dont have a football team, you say? That explains it. Why would anyone be expected to know of them if that's the case? Sheesh!
J2K

sinton66
02-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Bet you've heard of Port Aransas, Jacket. They don't have a football team either, but usually do pretty well in pumkinball. :D

turbostud
02-17-2003, 09:05 PM
Kind of like Krum, Brock, and Peaster. I dont think it is fair to the schools who play football. I guess it is another one of UIL's downfalls that schools can pick and choose what sports they play. But who gets more respect, a school who plays only basketball or a school who plays football and bball.

Jacket2000
02-17-2003, 09:10 PM
sinton66:
Bet you've heard of Port Aransas, Jacket. They don't have a football team either, but usually do pretty well in pumkinball. :D Actually, I always thought that if you lived in Port Aransas that you'd go Aransas Pass.
J2K

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-17-2003, 09:38 PM
Now, I never pass up a chance to get the PI folks hollerin', but a team that loses more games than they win has no business in the playoffs. So, I'll go with the Fightin' Guppies.

J2K[/QB]Guppies??? C'mon J2K, I thought we had already educated you on the proper way to spell, and pronounce the word "Tarpons". :D

Jacket2000
02-17-2003, 10:11 PM
Hell, I picked y'all, what more do you want from me?!
J2K

BULLDOGFAN
02-18-2003, 07:27 AM
If your gonna slam the Tarpons do it right. It's Mullets not Tarpons. At least that's what most called us.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-18-2003, 01:46 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
If your gonna slam the Tarpons do it right. It's Mullets not Tarpons. At least that's what most called us.Yeah! What he said!!! Yeah, we still get called "Mullets" a lot.......but nowadays we get called something a little more offensive. Not sure I can say it here, but i'll say it anyway. "Tampons"

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-19-2003, 12:19 AM
Jacket2000:

J2KHey J2K....good pick! PI 70, Bishop 61 Didn't know you were good at pumpkinball picks too!