PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss and Houston Texans next year

Fotbol
01-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I just heard thru a reliable source, that Mr. Randy Moss will be a Houston Texans, next year.

DU_stud04
01-16-2007, 11:59 AM
randy moss back to Minnesota:mad: :mad: :mad:

g$$
01-16-2007, 12:23 PM
I sense your sarcasm, but it would NEVER happen anyway. Bob McNair would not allow it, plus Moss is a punk who rarely plays hard. Maybe TO & Moss could pair up in Dallas!

More concerned with O-line, QB, secondary, etc. anyway in Houston. WR corps is decent (Pro Bowler Andre Johnson, Moulds, Walter, good TEs, etc.).

carter08
01-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Short Answer: No
Long Answer: The Texans do not need Randy Moss. AJ, Moulds, Mathis (if he learns to catch), Daniels at TE. Jake Plummer will have fun throwing to these guys

Cameron Crazy
01-16-2007, 05:13 PM
He needs to retire!

g$$
01-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Short Answer: No
Long Answer: The Texans do not need Randy Moss. AJ, Moulds, Mathis (if he learns to catch), Daniels at TE. Jake Plummer will have fun throwing to these guys

Carter, get some new material man! The only thing you added to mine above was Jake Plummer. That may happen, but I hope not. I would rather have Sage Rosenfels as the #1 & draft a qb like Kevin Kolb to groom. Whatever the case, be gone David Carr.

carter08
01-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Carter, get some new material man! The only thing you added to mine above was Jake Plummer. That may happen, but I hope not. I would rather have Sage Rosenfels as the #1 & draft a qb like Kevin Kolb to groom. Whatever the case, be gone David Carr.

I would rather see Plummer. He has experience in the system and has led a team to the playoffs, something neither Carr nor Rosenfels has done

g$$
01-16-2007, 05:23 PM
I would rather see Plummer. He has experience in the system and has led a team to the playoffs, something neither Carr nor Rosenfels has done

Rosenfels has never been a full-time starter, so that is not fair to him. Carr & Plummer have both fallen flat on their faces. I would rather have Rosenfels & draft a qb in the 2nd round. Other needs like O-line, secondary, LB besides D. Ryans, RB, etc. Lots of holes besides QB.

carter08
01-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Rosenfels has never been a full-time starter, so that is not fair to him. Carr & Plummer have both fallen flat on their faces. I would rather have Rosenfels & draft a qb in the 2nd round. Other needs like O-line, secondary, LB besides Ryan, RB, etc. Lots of holes besides QB.

IMO Running Back is not an issue. Ron Dayne is a former Heisman Winner, Chris Taylor cam on good at the end of ther year, Lundy has a lot of potential and Domanick Williams is a 2 time 1000 yard rusher. Remember, with the zone blocking scheme you do not need stud RB's. Look at the Broncos.

g$$
01-16-2007, 05:41 PM
IMO Running Back is not an issue. Ron Dayne is a former Heisman Winner, Chris Taylor cam on good at the end of ther year, Lundy has a lot of potential and Domanick Williams is a 2 time 1000 yard rusher. Remember, with the zone blocking scheme you do not need stud RB's. Look at the Broncos.

You've been listening to 610 a lot!

Dayne = adequate, not young either, Heisman 1999
Taylor = barely active all year, undrafted
Lundy = started strong, faded, not active at end of year
Domanick = damaged goods, will only be with team if he accepts huge paycut to go to camp

Yes, the Texans need a solid RB. Peterson or Lynch would be nice. Dayne can spell one of those guys & help out. I am familiar with zone blocking too! It helps to have smaller, quicker linemen to fit that scheme too a la Denver.

carter08
01-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You've been listening to 610 a lot!

Dayne = adequate, not young either, Heisman 1999
Taylor = barely active all year, undrafted
Lundy = started strong, faded, not active at end of year
Domanick = damaged goods, will only be with team if he accepts huge paycut to go to camp

Yes, the Texans need a solid RB. Peterson or Lynch would be nice. Dayne can spell one of those guys & help out. I am familiar with zone blocking too! It helps to have smaller, quicker linemen to fit that scheme too a la Denver.

First off, I have not been listening to 610
On Taylor, what difference does it make if he wasn't drafted. He has some potential. Lundy will only get better. Drafting a lineman instead of Peterson/ Lynch will help the current backs out. Or the Texans can go defense and draft Landry in round 1.

wedo
01-16-2007, 06:06 PM
plus in the first round i think that Adrian Peterson will be on the table when the texans are on the clock in April, and i think that he will be a good fit with Kubiack!

g$$
01-16-2007, 06:10 PM
First off, I have not been listening to 610
On Taylor, what difference does it make if he wasn't drafted. He has some potential. Lundy will only get better. Drafting a lineman instead of Peterson/ Lynch will help the current backs out. Or the Texans can go defense and draft Landry in round 1.

Texans need playmakers at many positions. Safety Landry would help, as would a big-time RB. Dayne is only adequate at this stage of his career. Nelson is another possibility at safety.

I don't care about being drafted or not, but Taylor was only active 2-3 games. That says something right there on a bad team. Just making a point concerning talent levels. Texans need more good players, period. I like Kubiak & Smith & think better days are ahead.

You don't draft o-line in the 1st round unless it is a franchise tackle, usually (exceptions like Munchak & Matthews). G & C can be found down the line. You draft difference makers in the 1st round at skill positions.

Cameron Crazy
01-16-2007, 06:27 PM
He is to bigheaded kinda like this one player at Dallas!

tigerpride_08
01-16-2007, 06:28 PM
he won't make much of a difference...

sahen
01-16-2007, 06:34 PM
i know you dont normaly draft olinemen in the first round but in the texans case i think you might want to take a chance on the wisconsin kid...whatever they do they better atleast pick up an olineman with their 2nd round pick.....

Plummer wouldnt be any beter than Carr, Plummer flat out chokes when he needs to win, but then again maybe that'd be a good fit for Houston....I have watched our teams choke time and time again minus the mid 90s Rockets.....If the Texans aren't going to stick with Carr then they need to go get a QB that can win or can be groomed to win it all in the system that Kubiak his, Plummer is good at times in the system but is way too inconsistant to be relied upon to win it all, not saying Carr is either but we already have him if we are going to get someone else might as well go get "the" guy and not just "a" guy to take his place...

and Randy Moss would just take catches away from Johnson...the QB whoever it is only has a short time to make a decent throw each game and I don't want them to hae to look at Randy Moss first every play, Johnson is a very good number 1 receiver and he isnt overly selfish....