PDA

View Full Version : DFW Media Rediculous when it comes to reporting bad weather....

kaorder1999
01-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Maybe this has already been posted but it is almost comical when it comes to media outlets, mainly television, reporting on inclement weather. I got to hear on the radio yesterday random clips taken from various news outlets and some of them were hilarious.

-------------------------------------------

NEWS ANCHOR TEAM: We have an ICEY WEATHER ALERT. Lets go to (so and so) for further important information.

NEWS REPORTER: We are live in (WHEREVER) and the conditions are just treacherous. If you plan on driving at anytime in the near future please beware of the dangers. It has rained just enough to get the roads wet and temeratures should continue to fall below freezing.
We have footage from a little earlier. (shows footage of a guy walking on the sidewalk carrying a cup of coffee and he slips and nearly drops his coffee) Reporter says, there's proof that the conditions are just horrible across the DFW Metroplex.
-------------------------------------------------------

That made me laugh. It has rained just enough to get the roads wet. Hilarious!

kaorder1999
01-16-2007, 10:26 AM
I was driving into Dallas yesterday at around Noon and the roads were COMPLETELY dry and people were still driving 40 MPH on the highway and slowing down to go over bridges. All that was on the bridges were sand so they just thought that since there was sand there that there was ice there.

Adidas410s
01-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I was driving into Dallas yesterday at around Noon and the roads were COMPLETELY dry and people were still driving 40 MPH on the highway and slowing down to go over bridges. All that was on the bridges were sand so they just thought that since there was sand there that there was ice there.

The overpasses I went on today (all 20 or so of them) were fine...

I did slide 5 or 6 times (2 times on 35 and the rest on 67) but it was going under bridges where the sun didn't reach yesterday.

pirate4state
01-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

When I left yesterday (the Arlington/Mansfield) area it took over an hour to get to I35. The roads were fine everyone was just being extra careful. I only slid once (it was fun) no one was around and it was on a turn so I wasn't going very fast anyway. Once I got on I35 I was stuck behind a sand truck :rolleyes: and my windshield was filthy!!! My water line thingy was still frozen and my wiper blades were of no help!! :mad: I hated having to drive so slow, but once I got past him it was smooth sailing all the way home. Well there was a minor traffic problem coming into Austin, but that only delayed me like 5 minutes. ;)