PDA

View Full Version : Lubbock Roosevelt 3-0 and not scored on

tors2002
09-21-2002, 03:03 PM
Lubbock Roosevelt is on fire and is keeping very quiet about it. Ok, they have not played powerhouses but a win is a win. It will get the Eagles confidence up especially since they have not allowed a single point this year. Their district is not exactly the toughest so I will go out on a limb and pick them to upset the district and win it. Good Job Eagles!!

Da Mules
09-22-2002, 02:44 PM
Reminds me of that old song "I been down so long, it feels like up to me." Roosevelt has been steadily improving for the past two years. The last couple years and this year, they did schedule a pretty soft pre-season. I mean Hart, Hale Center, Slaton? And it looks like I gotta include Muleshoe this year, I judge; the Mules are very inconsistent so far, no big hosses on either O or D line, and will get beat by Roosevelt if they make as many fumbles and bad center snaps as they did against Friona.) But Roosevelt got moved down into a tough 2A district. No way they're gonna hang with Shallowater, and I don't think the old Roosevelters are gonna beat Idalou or Post.
Might beat Tahoka...should beat New Deal to finish next to last or one step up from that in their district. It would be a very pleasant surprise to see them make the 2A playoffs. Ya gotta feel for ANYBODY that stayed down on the bottom longer than Muleshoe did.

[This message has been edited by Da Mules (edited September 22, 2002).]