PDA

View Full Version : Sinton coach frontrunner for Belton job?

VWG
01-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Rumors starting to hear is that Sinton HC is front man for Belton 5A job.

pirate4state
01-15-2007, 10:39 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :( :(

Does Belton have a good program???

Clyde
01-15-2007, 10:44 PM
0-10 in 2 of the last 3 years.

pirate4state
01-15-2007, 10:51 PM
dang....I hope he doesn't move. I hadn't heard anything around town.

c-town_balla
01-15-2007, 11:03 PM
they have been bad recently but they are tradtionally a good team......0-10 two years in a row looks bad however......they switch between 4A and 5A has been bad to them

OnceABucJr
01-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Father-in-law is HC at Mary Hardin-Baylor!

tuff26
01-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Who is the head Coach at Sinton

District303aPastPlayer
01-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by tuff26
Who is the head Coach at Sinton

Mitchell...

JR2004
01-16-2007, 02:51 AM
A coach who wants to go to Belton has to either be completely crazy in thinking he can turn that program around or has run out of places to be a head coach at. They were a good 4A program, but as a 5A they are just flat out bad more often than not. The best season they've had recently was when they had Ramonce Taylor and guys like that don't come around all that often in Belton.

In my opinion Belton is a coaches graveyard right now and it doesn't look to change anytime soon.

JakefootballGOD
01-16-2007, 03:59 AM
who was the coach at belton?

JR2004
01-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
who was the coach at belton?

Jay Warrick...A Belton alum who had been there for a decade.

Txbroadcaster
01-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Rodney Southerrn Head Coach at Marshall is expected to be named the head coach at Belton this week.

He led MArshall to two straight 4A State finals in 2004 and 2005

CenTexSports
01-16-2007, 08:56 AM
The Harker Heights coach retired in the last week. That will open a position at a good football school.

cropduster
01-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Wasn't he offered the angleton job last year? Why didn't he take that job?

JR2004
01-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Rodney Southerrn Head Coach at Marshall is expected to be named the head coach at Belton this week.

This hiring would make sense. He was the defensive coordinator on Jack Welch's staff at Copperas Cove before heading to Marshall. If anyone knows and is prepared for the gargantuan job he has before him in at least making Belton competitive this would be the coach.

Txbroadcaster
01-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
This hiring would make sense. He was the defensive coordinator on Jack Welch's staff at Copperas Cove before heading to Marshall. If anyone knows and is prepared for the gargantuan job he has before him in at least making Belton competitive this would be the coach.

Yep and he took a Marshall team that had once been a 5A power but had fallen on tough times and turned them around.

He was 36-24 at MArshall and that included a 1-9 season in his first year

pirate4state
01-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I hope this is true! I'm selfish and want Mitchell to stay put!! :D

Johnny Utah
01-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Belton area is GROWING leaps and bounds. Could split the school in a couple of years. Going to be interesting who gets the job. Warrick is a heck of a coach, had Giddings rolling before he went to Belton.

IHStangFan
01-16-2007, 11:11 AM
why the heck would he jump ship and go to a horrible program from Sinton unless there were these factors to consider:

5A job=more money

There is a trend yet unseen in Sinton of a not so dominant program as they have been previously

Why else would he even consider leaving?

sinfan75
01-16-2007, 11:17 AM
jr. high group comin up will put sinton back on top.

Phil C
01-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
why the heck would he jump ship and go to a horrible program from Sinton unless there were these factors to consider:

5A job=more money

There is a trend yet unseen in Sinton of a not so dominant program as they have been previously

Careful IHS! You may lose your own coach who is one of the finest young coaches in the country. I am already surprised that none of the big 5A schools hasn't tried to get him yet.

IHStangFan
01-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Careful IHS! You may lose your own coach who is one of the finest young coaches in the country. I am already surprised that none of the big 5A schools hasn't tried to get him yet. it wouldnt suprise me at all Phil....if yall's coach goes, Hesseltine slides right in either there or somewhere else. It'd be funny and almost worth it though if Hesseltine went to Sinton, because of the reaction I anticipate going from "oh we dislike him, he has no class, blah blah blah" to "hes a savior, hes great, we love him" and don't try and fib outa this one Phil...you KNOW thats how it'd go down. ;)

PS, my hometown is now Needville...and our coach isn't going anywhere :p

c-town_balla
atleast he isnt going to temple they really are bad

pirate4state

5A job=more money

I think most coaches leave for more money. Isn't that why the rest of us switch jobs??

I think next season will be another long season and one Sinton fans are not used to having. That's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

I can think of about 75-100 reasons he'd consider leaving. :devil: We like to call them "mom & dad" :rolleyes:

I don't EVER remember going home and crying to my parents as much as kids do today. I mean you can't even look at them funny or they get all booty hurt. :hairpunk:

pirate4state
01-16-2007, 11:23 AM
it wouldnt suprise me at all Phil....if yall's coach goes, Hesseltine slides right in either there or somewhere else. It'd be funny and almost worth it though if Hesseltine went to Sinton, because of the reaction I anticipate going from "oh we dislike him, he has no class, blah blah blah" to "hes a savior, hes great, we love him" and don't try and fib outa this one Phil...you KNOW thats how it'd go down. ;)

:eek: :eek: Not likely.

pirate4state
01-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Careful IHS! You may lose your own coach who is one of the finest young coaches in the country. I am already surprised that none of the big 5A schools hasn't tried to get him yet. In the COUNTRY???? I hope you mean COUNTY. LMAO

IHStangFan
01-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think most coaches leave for more money. Isn't that why the rest of us switch jobs??

I think next season will be another long season and one Sinton fans are not used to having. That's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

I can think of about 75-100 reasons he'd consider leaving. :devil: We like to call them "mom & dad" :rolleyes:

I don't EVER remember going home and crying to my parents as much as kids do today. I mean you can't even look at them funny or they get all booty hurt. :hairpunk: LOL!!! booty hurt!!! thats hilarious! is that the same thing as "butt sore"? I hear ya....and coaches walk a fine line between loyalty to the town, kids, their word, and to themselves and their livelyhood. Money/Kids, Money/a man's word.....talk about a brain screw. On the problem w/ kids today, its simple....not enough people whip their kids these days...they do not fear or respect authority....plain and simple.

pirate4state
01-16-2007, 11:43 AM
On the problem w/ kids today, its simple....not enough people whip their kids these days...they do not fear or respect authority....plain and simple. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Agreed!!

JakefootballGOD
01-16-2007, 03:16 PM
no kidding, he has been there for a long time!! Warrick that is, anyone know where he is going now?

he was he AD at giddings before he took that job, he was my AD when i was in middle school, he is a great man, i wish him the best of luck!

GOFOR2
01-16-2007, 06:46 PM
it wouldnt suprise me at all Phil....if yall's coach goes, Hesseltine slides right in either there or somewhere else. It'd be funny and almost worth it though if Hesseltine went to Sinton, because of the reaction I anticipate going from "oh we dislike him, he has no class, blah blah blah" to "hes a savior, hes great, we love him" and don't try and fib outa this one Phil...you KNOW thats how it'd go down. ;)

I can unequivocally state that NO WAY on God's Green Earth would the community want Hesseltine in Sinton. NO WAY!!!!!

sinfan75
01-16-2007, 08:35 PM
And why is that? Sinton grad and one helluva coach. I'd want him in Sinton.

sinton66
01-16-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't think the community would mind at all. I've never heard anybody say anything against him. I've known the man for years as well as most of his cousins.

sinfan75
01-16-2007, 08:49 PM
And I could name a few others too people in Sinton would like to see as HC. Ones in Skidmore and ones in Refugio.

GOFOR2
01-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
And I could name a few others too people in Sinton would like to see as HC. Ones in Skidmore and ones in Refugio.

OK now you are starting to sound like Aransas Pass, where they bring back anyone who ever worked with Davenport.

sinton66
01-16-2007, 10:17 PM
You still didn't answer his question.

GOFOR2
01-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
You still didn't answer his question.

I presume you were talking to me even though you didnt include my quote. If he wants to know he can PM me.

sinton66
01-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
I presume you were talking to me even though you didnt include my quote. If he wants to know he can PM me.

I'd kinda like to know the answer too. If you don't mind too much.

18handicap
01-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Another board has the coach at Marshall taking the job at Belton.

gato 76
01-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Another board has the coach at Marshall taking the job at Belton.

18hc,have you heard any names being mentioned about the city cat job.i don't know how true this is,but someone mentioned the o/c at wos.I look for the hc/ad at rockdale to put in for the job,he coached in bc before as o/c for trahan.i think he has close ties to the houston area may want to move back closer to houston.

Johnny Utah
01-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Rockdale head coach would not leave after just one football season with the future soph class he has next year. No way!!

Phil C
01-17-2007, 10:50 AM
I let the administration decide on coaching changes if there are any but one thing for sure is that this year I would not want a change in the softball coaching staff. Those girls have a chance to have an awesome year.

I will be going to the softball games this year as much as possible.

And baseball too when I can.

Phil C
01-17-2007, 10:51 AM
I like to go to the softball games.

Phil C
01-17-2007, 10:52 AM
And baseball too when I can.

Johnny Utah
01-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Phil C, your not a hoop watcher, tennis or golf, not even track? What gives? Seems a true fan would watch it all for the kids, no matter if they win or lose or the cost to get in. Just my take on being a loyal fan at a small school!!!

pirate4state
01-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Phil C, your not a hoop watcher, tennis or golf, not even track? What gives? Seems a true fan would watch it all for the kids, no matter if they win or lose or the cost to get in. Just my take on being a loyal fan at a small school!!!

What's fun about watching basketball, tennis or golf??? :p :D

Okay, maybe basketball can be fun...sometimes....but tennis & golf?? YAWN!!!

LH Panther Mom
01-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What's fun about watching basketball, tennis or golf??? :p :D

Okay, maybe basketball can be fun...sometimes....but tennis & golf?? YAWN!!!
I love to watch basketball. If I can't yell at a sport (tennis & golf), it's difficult for me. :D ;)

44INAROW
01-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If I can't yell at a sport (tennis & golf), it's difficult for me. :D ;)

you oughtta see me TRYING to be quiet for 18 holes....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Way too much etiquette involved in following a foursome - :D

LH Panther Mom
01-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you oughtta see me TRYING to be quiet for 18 holes....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I would pay money to see that. :D ;)

(Okay.....sorry to have hijacked this thread. :o )

Johnny Utah
01-17-2007, 12:34 PM
It is about supporting the kids at your school in all sports, not just one or two!!! That is my point!!!

pirate4state
01-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you oughtta see me TRYING to be quiet for 18 holes....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Way too much etiquette involved in following a foursome - :D

:eek: :eek: I never even thought about that!!! ROFLMAO!! I'd love to see this attempted. Of course, that would mean we'd have to be close enough to talk and well we know how that goes. :p :p We'd get kicked out!!! :devil:

pirate4state
01-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
It is about supporting the kids at your school in all sports, not just one or two!!! That is my point!!!

Noted.

So you want us all to go watch the boring sports. I'll take it under advisement. :D

piratebg
01-17-2007, 01:39 PM
So has this rumor been somewhat confirmed yet or not? This one really has me kind of curious.

maroonpirate04
01-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Yesterday at work I asked a co-worker who happened to be on the Pirates football team. He said that Mitchell hasn't said anything about leaving Sinton High School. The Belton job was all new to him. He told me that if he does leave it might be a good change for him. Funny thing is that early in the season when Sinton played Orange Grove and lost their were rumors that Principal Patterson and Coach Mitchell had a big arguement after the game. And Mitchell said he was leaving after the year is done. and now this.

pirate4state
01-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
So has this rumor been somewhat confirmed yet or not? This one really has me kind of curious. No.

Manck
01-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Smoaky is reporting the Marshall's Rodney Southern got the hire.

I didn't even read the rest of the thread, but there's all you need to know.

I WIN.

pirate4state
01-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Manck
Smoaky is reporting the Marshall's Rodney Southern got the hire.

I didn't even read the rest of the thread, but there's all you need to know.

I WIN.

Thank you. :)