PDA

View Full Version : For You LE Leopards Fans...

LitanyofFury
01-15-2007, 10:14 PM
n 2005, LaMichael James was a name known to the high school football fans in Northeast Texas after flashing his electric speed to the tune of 643 yards and 10 touchdowns on only 76 carries, splitting time in the Leopards backfield. The 5-foot-9, 183-pound speedster became the featured back in the 2006-07 Liberty-Eylau offense and put together an impressive junior campaign.

LaMichael James lists Texas as his early favorite.
While James enjoyed a productive regular season, he saved his best performances for the Leopards playoff run that ended with the 3A state title. James' talents were on full display right out of the gates in the playoffs against top ranked Gilmer. James was held in check in the first half rushing for 34 yards on nine carries, but the fleet-footed back took over the game in the second half rushing for 102 yards on 13 carries and three touchdowns of 15, five and six yards. James also made his presence felt in the passing game with a 20-yard touchdown catch in the 39-36 win. The junior said it was the game that L-E, as they are known, had been waiting for.

"We had been wanting to play Gilmer," James said. "Even when we were up, I didn't get excited until we had the game in hand because they are a real good team."

The Leopards (12-3) won three more playoff games to reach the state finals against a very good Waco Robinson team. While James didn't score a touchdown in the title game, he made several big plays leading to scores. In the 35-34 state title win, James rushed for 115 yards on 14 carries and caught one pass for 42 yards.

"It was always a dream to win state. Robinson was a really good team. We had tough games all the way except against Canyon. It was a dream come true," James said.

James finished his junior season with 19 touchdowns, nearly 1,600 yards rushing and 500 yards receiving as well as numerous return yards. With the season over, James has seen his recruitment pick up. He says one team stands out.

"Right now, Texas is the one I know off the bat. Coach Rucker writes me letters every day. Either Texas or Oklahoma State is recruiting me the hardest. I also get stuff from Texas Tech and Oklahoma," James said.

James, who will take his ACT in February, is working in the off-season to improve his strength and speed.

"I'm working to get stronger and faster. I work out pretty hard. I want to be able to get down hill faster next year. I need to work on my leg strength," James said.

NDFootball
01-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury

"We had tough games all the way except against Canyon," James said.

Ouch...burn...hehe

txkmom
01-16-2007, 10:15 AM
LaMichael's a good kid. Thanks for posting LoF.

Adidas410s
01-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Ouch...burn...hehe

and Canyon had a tough game with Wylie...oh wait...nm :(