PDA

View Full Version : The Difference Between Belichick and Parcells

Bullaholic
01-15-2007, 10:40 AM
"I couldn't get into a rhythm," Brady said. "We were trying to throw quick stuff. That wasn't working. We tried to throw screens. That wasn't working. We tried to call runs. That wasn't working. We couldn't find any rhythm as an offense. Every time I would come to the sidelines, I'd say, 'Let's try something else."'

Belichick did. Brady went completely to the air in the second half. The Patriots spread the field with three receivers, which is pretty amazing for a team criticized for not wanting to pay receivers David Givens and Deion Branch.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

ESPN.com: Help | PR Media Kit | Sales Media Kit | Report a Bug | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information | Copyright ©2007 ESPN Internet Ventures. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.

Trap Bait
01-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Simple philosophy! Belichick is willing to take chances while Parcells chooses to remain conservative. Pick your poison.

JakefootballGOD
01-15-2007, 05:07 PM
one wins and one doesnt

Macarthur
01-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Guys, I'm not Parcells apologist, but you're missing one big point here. If Parcells had Brady, he would be much more willing to take risks. It's easy to be risky when your QB has one of the lowest INT rates in the history of the game.

Remember when Parcells took NE to the SB. Bledsoe threw for over 4000 yards that year. Parcells is not as conservative as everyone makes him out to be; he simply hasn't had a quality QB that he has as much confidence in as Belicheck does Brady.

I also get tired of this Belichick is God stuff. Sure, he's a good coach, but anyone remember Cleveland? It's amazing how good a coach becomes when he gets a HOF QB.

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 09:03 PM
well, i seem to recall Parcells winning a SB or two himself, and taking more than one team there

Belicheck is great, but for now, let parcells go out as he should-- a hall of famer.

Yes, Bel will be there someday, but not today

coach
01-15-2007, 09:31 PM
the difference between parcells and belicheck is bel.(sp) his offense is around his best player....Tom Brady....and parcells dosent>>>>TO......o and also the patriots have a much better team......and BTW how can you say parcells dosnet win...he has two rings and been to 3 sbs....