PDA

View Full Version : 2006 THSF's Team Texas - Region I

LH Panther Mom
01-15-2007, 10:29 AM
http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/teamtexas06/3areg1.htm

Congrats! :clap:

VWG
01-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Talk about a HUGE mistake on this list... not having Pegues, the RB from Sanger on here. Guy had like 24 or 26 TD's during the regular season, was slicker than snot when running the ball, just an all around great RB.
Also... Brandon Cobb on the 2nd team and Case McCoy (who is actually a freshman) on the first team???? McCoy during the regular season had more interceptions than TD's and Cobb was a workhorse all year for Decatur.

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 08:05 PM
sounds like they may have put too much weight on Graham's playoff run-- i agree with your assessments, VWG

Cobb not being 1st team, despite the first round loss, is a travesty.

I'm Sure colt's little brother is great, but not all-district as a freshman

MARLINDOGS
01-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Congrats!!:clap: :clap:

thewyliefan
01-15-2007, 08:34 PM
i like the way that first team oline looks:)

tigerpride_08
01-15-2007, 09:01 PM
congrats to the players...:clap:

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 09:05 PM
How are Graham and Vernon shaping up for next year?

I like them a lot, but of course both teams have struggled when expectations were highest, for some reason, especially graham. Graham finally went far into the post-season, so maybe that is the end of that mental block

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-15-2007, 09:11 PM
If you don't like the team that is on there, then create your own website and spend your time making those picks, along with advertising the website and maintaining a message board all by yourself. Keep an open mind about what is on there and be proud of the kids who made it, and give the person who went through all of the trouble a little respect.

VWG
01-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
How are Graham and Vernon shaping up for next year?

I like them a lot, but of course both teams have struggled when expectations were highest, for some reason, especially graham. Graham finally went far into the post-season, so maybe that is the end of that mental block

Graham returns the house. QB, all of their O-line, and district defensive MVP middle linebacker. (He was first team on this list)
Vernon lost some key players, but look out next year for Darien Wiliams and Craig Whiteside.
Tough district though. WF Hirschi has stepped it up after Searcy took over. Great, great coaching job here. Got the athletes and will no longer sneak up on anybody come this fall.
Burk had a strong JV squad and have a talented sophomore class... played Decatur tight and went into district with only one loss then bam! They go 2-2 in district and miss the playoffs. Burk has the numbers (949 enrollment) to reload with some talent.

Graham has the most returning starters out of this district, and with a freshman QB who went three rounds deep in the playoffs, well he should mature even more in his soph. season. (It probably doesn't hurt when you can get pointers from a big brother who starts at UT)
Vernon will have to replace the likes of Graf, Aston Whiteside, William Miller, etc... all really good players that contributed to their Region I championship. I think that Darien Williams could come in and start at QB next year, and he is a good player. Got most of his playing time on defense.

Adidas410s
01-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Talk about a HUGE mistake on this list... not having Pegues, the RB from Sanger on here. Guy had like 24 or 26 TD's during the regular season, was slicker than snot when running the ball, just an all around great RB.
Also... Brandon Cobb on the 2nd team and Case McCoy (who is actually a freshman) on the first team???? McCoy during the regular season had more interceptions than TD's and Cobb was a workhorse all year for Decatur.

McCoy is listed as 2nd team QB

First team QB's are Ramos, Cobb, and Edwards.

Pegues was very good indeed. I must say though that he was less than stellar in his two biggest games against Decatur and Graham. He had some long runs....but didn't dominate like he did against weaker competition. 90%+ of his yards against Graham came on back to back runs in the 1st quarter...he was shutdown after that.

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
If you don't like the team that is on there, then create your own website and spend your time making those picks, along with advertising the website and maintaining a message board all by yourself. Keep an open mind about what is on there and be proud of the kids who made it, and give the person who went through all of the trouble a little respect.

Since i don't really have a stake in region 1, it is water below the bridge-but,

Well said BBDE!

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
McCoy is listed as 2nd team QB

First team QB's are Ramos, Cobb, and Edwards.

------
The owner of the site made a few changes after complaints were made

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Graham returns the house. QB, all of their O-line, and district defensive MVP middle linebacker. (He was first team on this list)
Vernon lost some key players, but look out next year for Darien Wiliams and Craig Whiteside.
Tough district though. WF Hirschi has stepped it up after Searcy took over. Great, great coaching job here. Got the athletes and will no longer sneak up on anybody come this fall.
Burk had a strong JV squad and have a talented sophomore class... played Decatur tight and went into district with only one loss then bam! They go 2-2 in district and miss the playoffs. Burk has the numbers (949 enrollment) to reload with some talent.

Graham has the most returning starters out of this district, and with a freshman QB who went three rounds deep in the playoffs, well he should mature even more in his soph. season. (It probably doesn't hurt when you can get pointers from a big brother who starts at UT)
Vernon will have to replace the likes of Graf, Aston Whiteside, William Miller, etc... all really good players that contributed to their Region I championship. I think that Darien Williams could come in and start at QB next year, and he is a good player. Got most of his playing time on defense.

Thank you very much for the info!

D_bird
01-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

Well said...

maintaining a website, advertising and keeping the forum under control is not an easy thing to do.

RMAC
01-16-2007, 01:01 AM
I'm just ready to see how many tackles Trevor has next year as a sr. He lead the state this year by like 20 if I remember correctly. I could be totally off though.