PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saban...Integrity and Loyalty

JR2004
01-15-2007, 12:08 AM
"Integrity and Loyalty has always been a part of everything I've done...That's who Nick Saban is."

That was his response to a question by Chris Mortensen on Sportscenter in asking how he'll be able to walk into a recruit's living room and look a kid and his parents in the eye and tell them he's not lying. I like the 3rd person response too. Very Joe Horn-esque.

This guy is pretty darn full of himself, and has quite a selective memory, if he thinks anyone outside of Tuscaloosa believes that!

carter08
01-15-2007, 12:09 AM
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Bulldog_12
01-15-2007, 12:58 AM
I just watched that too. Saban is an idiot.

carter08
01-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I just watched that too. Saban is an idiot.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If he was an idiot he would have went to Auburn

NDFootball
01-15-2007, 01:30 AM
I wouldn't call getting a $40 million dollar contract to leave a washed up team like Miami being an idiot... Just a thought.

AggieJohn
01-15-2007, 01:31 AM
Alabama comes full circle

Bulldog_12
01-15-2007, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball
I wouldn't call getting a $40 million dollar contract to leave a washed up team like Miami being an idiot... Just a thought.

Hes an idiot in this interview. He is contradicting himself and makes himself look like an even bigger tool.

NDFootball
01-15-2007, 01:34 AM
Hes an idiot in this interview. He is contradicting himself and makes himself look like an even bigger tool.

Maybe but he is a rich tool :p

SpreadtheRed
01-15-2007, 03:03 AM
it doesnt matter how mouch hes getting paid, if he loses more than 2 games he'll already have his job in question and everyone knows it....which is exactly why Alabama couldnt find a coach

18handicap
01-15-2007, 10:30 AM
"Roll Tide Roll! Around the bowl and down the hole! Roll Tide Roll"

That will be the kindest yell coming from the LSU fans in 2008 when Saban rolls into town -- or he might be somewhere else by then.

Haunta Yo
01-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
it doesnt matter how mouch hes getting paid, if he loses more than 2 games he'll already have his job in question and everyone knows it....which is exactly why Alabama couldnt find a coach

...and he'll get $40 million bought out. He may start TRYING to lose games just to get out of Alabama after a season there.

Haunta Yo
01-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed

...and he'll get $40 million bought out. He may start TRYING to lose games just to get out of Alabama after a season there.

District303aPastPlayer
01-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo

all 40 is guarenteed right?

JakefootballGOD
01-15-2007, 01:18 PM
i cant wait for saban...rolls back into baton rouge, and gets he tale whipped...gonna be a great day

necks_c/09
01-15-2007, 01:33 PM
this is great....loyalty???

when and where..please explain this one to me.....

maybe he made the right decision but there was no loyalty involved.

not too much enterity displayed either by him

they most likely lose 4-5 games next year i think

carter08
01-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09

they most likely lose 4-5 games next year i think

:mad: :mad: :mad:

2007 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPION ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Alabama will finish 9-4 and everyone will sing the praises of Saban, but they will be blown out by LSU, FLorida and any other real team in the SEC, and then fall to 7-6 the next season and then everyone will start bitching again

please, we've seen this a thousand times before

Haunta Yo
01-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
all 40 is guarenteed right?
I'm sure there's a buyout clause for a couple of million...

With that said I'm reminded of the #1 caveat of compensation:
"You don't get what you're worth - you get what you negotiate for."

18handicap
01-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Glad we didn't guarantee all of that money at LSU. Looks like we're still doing pretty good with Miles. I like Miles better than Saban anyway because of the way that he acts and treats people. Saban may be a better coach, but my sources tell me that the way Saban treated people was beginning to get old. I will always thank him for getting us to the national championship, but not for going to Alabama.

Haunta Yo
01-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Saban may be a better coach (than Miles), but my sources tell me that the way Saban treated people was beginning to get old.

Not a better coach by ANY MEANS...None of his staff from Michigan State came with him to LSU and it wasn't because of LSU.

18handicap
01-15-2007, 03:48 PM
I know that -- I graduated from LSU -- notice I said "maybe" and that is because so many people like to tell me that Miles isn't a good coach, and I think he is.

JakefootballGOD
01-15-2007, 05:01 PM
miles is a great coach...to many people want a NT every year it will not happen out of the SEC, to many good teams.

But i think miles is a great coach, last year had a tuff year with the canes in all...this year not that bad...had a tuff road sch, and still ended up winning a BCS, and ended up 3rd in polls....not that bad of a year at all...

18handicap
01-15-2007, 05:16 PM
I agree 110%. I'm glad we won a national championship during my lifetime and as long as Miles keeps us competitive, I'm more than thrilled. I like a lot of things he is doing. Also, you're right about taking the team through Katrina. I don't think Saban's personality would have kept the team together during those trying times.

Haunta Yo
01-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I don't think Saban's personality would have kept the team together during those trying times.
Amen...That's why I hate hearing the "Saban's a better coach because he won a national championship" junk.

JakefootballGOD
01-16-2007, 04:03 AM
my bro plays there...and he LOVES miles, he is a players coach!!!

18handicap
01-16-2007, 08:48 AM
You talk about "hitting the nail on the head!!" Some great points posted here and I agree with them all!!

Now we need to work on the basketball coach. Just because we went to the final four last year...

burnet44
01-16-2007, 08:58 AM
loyal to the next better job
loyal to the next paycheck
makes coaches who have it look bad
I dont blame him for taking the job
the way he did it was classless
the interview
sounds like Clinton
"I had loyalty with that woman"
I thought mortensen was better than that
but I guess ESPN sent him to do it
why him
he does pro ball
let Mark (I love SC) May do the interview

Phil C
01-16-2007, 09:06 AM

Hey Bulldog I like that signature. How did Fran do against California? :)