PDA

View Full Version : For my 3000th post... Save Darfur

carter08
01-14-2007, 10:28 PM
I would like to take a break from the meaningless fool act i portray on here to bring you a real issue. That issue is the Ethnic Genocide taking place in the Sudan.

http://savedarfur.org

I first became aware of Darfur 2 summers ago when i visited Washington D.C. many of you may ask, "What is Darfur?" Well, Darfur is a region in the nation of Sudan in which the population is primarily black. The Sudanese government on the other hand is primarily Arab. The Arab leaders have started a campaign of rape, murder, and displacement against the residents of Darfur. The UN and the US Government have not taken an active role in solving this issue, instead wasting money waging war in the Middle East.

History: This genocide has already claimed the lifes of over 400,000 people. Over 2 million civilians have been forced from thier homes. This is the worst genocide since rwanda. This started in 2003 when residents of Darfur urged to Sudanese government to address their issues. The government and thier Janjaweed militia then started this massive genocide.

Thank you for listening.
Please do all you can to help

piratebg
01-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Wow. Not your usual 3000th post type material, but quite informative.

Congrats carter:clap: :clap: :clap:

AggieJohn
01-14-2007, 10:54 PM
darfur has been a thought of mine for quite some time

carter08
01-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
darfur has been a thought of mine for quite some time

that is very good

pirate4state
01-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Congrats post padder :p :p :p

Interesting post :thinking:

carter08
01-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Congrats post padder :p :p :p

Whatever Foots

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
kind words, but wasted breath

The UN has watched us get involved with foreign affairs, and certainly couldn't help us, much less do it themselves in a country with no major economic ties or oil supplies to provide motivation. As a member of our military, i know there is no way we would commit troops to another lose-lose situation, especially with the pathetically rediculous media there to tear us down.

Left-wing democrats and UN ambassadors like to talk about Darfur, or Liberia, or Sierra Leone, or Sri Lanka, or Mindanao in the phillipines, but don't worry, nothing will ever happen there.

Sorry to burst your bubble. The atrocities there are horrible, but what did we or the UN do in Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda or Somalia?

Dropped pallets of food and herded people out of the country.

That's about the best any disenfranchised person in any African country can hope for at this point.

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
kind words, but wasted breath

The UN has watched us get involved with foreign affairs, and certainly couldn't help us, much less do it themselves in a country with no major economic ties or oil supplies to provide motivation. As a member of our military, i know there is no way we would commit troops to another lose-lose situation, especially with the pathetically rediculous media there to tear us down.

Left-wing democrats and UN ambassadors like to talk about Darfur, or Liberia, or Sierra Leone, or Sri Lanka, or Mindanao in the phillipines, but don't worry, nothing will ever happen there.

Sorry to burst your bubble. The atrocities there are horrible, but what did we or the UN do in Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda or Somalia?

Dropped pallets of food and herded people out of the country.

That's about the best any disenfranchised person in any African country can hope for at this point.

oh, and happy 3,000!

Cameron Crazy
01-15-2007, 02:29 PM
wow i thought i posted alot when i reg'd now im beat!

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 02:57 PM
he caught up to you when you had a six month head-start, CC

that's a lot of post padding!

i guess that means i have to work a lot faster to catch up!

necks_c/09
01-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
he caught up to you when you had a six month head-start, CC

that's a lot of post padding!

i guess that means i have to work a lot faster to catch up! catchup....ha...ur funny

maybe at best u can keep pace:)

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 07:17 PM
i have a lot of time before my next deployment, i think i can do it!:nerd:

tigerpride_08
01-15-2007, 07:18 PM
congrats buddy...:clap: