PDA

View Full Version : The Patriots Win!!!

piratebg
01-14-2007, 08:18 PM
What a day. 2 really good games. Can't wait for next week.

piratebg
01-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Next week is the Bears vs Saints at noon and the Colts vs Patriots at 3, right?

LH Panther Mom
Woohoo! What was the score?

WTG Tom! :kiss: :kiss:

piratebg
Final score

Patriots 24
Chargers 21

The Chargers missed the 54yd FG to force overtime.

JJ7997
01-14-2007, 08:22 PM
I knew it would come down to the last play. I just wish this would have been the AFC championship game. The Chargers deserve to be there much more than the Colts. I hope the Pats win in the same fashion next week. I like their chances.

piratebg
01-14-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm thinking the Saints and the Patriots in the Super Bowl and the Patriots win in a nail biter. It's the feeling I have right now. This is the time of year when they Pats play their best and I think the experience and leadership will be the difference.

LH Panther Mom
01-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I think the experience and leadership will be the difference.
And Tom..... :inlove: ;)

piratebg
01-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And Tom..... :inlove: ;)

Chicks dig the long ball :D

Boosty_Hondo
01-14-2007, 08:28 PM
congrats i was watching it at radio shack but they kicked me out... buttheads

JJ7997
01-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I'm thinking the Saints and the Patriots in the Super Bowl and the Patriots win in a nail biter. It's the feeling I have right now. This is the time of year when they Pats play their best and I think the experience and leadership will be the difference.

My thoughts exactly.

burnet44
01-14-2007, 08:52 PM
never discount the heart of a champion
never

the pats played crappy
SD had a lot to do with that
but won
SD won everything but the game
Tom throws 3 ints
he is 3 ints and 17 td's before today
HE THREW AS MANY INTS TODAY AS HE HAS IN ALL OF HIS PLAYOFF GAMES COMBINED

AND THEY WON

players make plays
ask troy brown

westtxfballfan
01-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Tomorrow's San Diego headline:

"Chargers Get Schottenheimered"

necks_c/09
01-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Tomorrow's San Diego headline:

"Chargers Get Schottenheimered"

oh lord.....also all were gonna be able to hear until this time next year is "marty ball"

Maroon87
01-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Look at this quote by LT after the game...

"I would never react in that way. I was very upset," Tomlinson said. "When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for, that is disrespectful. They showed no class and maybe that comes from the head coach."

:eek:

Maroon87
01-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Full story...

necks_c/09
01-14-2007, 10:05 PM
i think that head but by florence cost them the game.....

it would have been 4th and long w/ a long field goal try in stead 1st and 10 15 yds closer....

also that muffed punt where parker tried to pick it up and run instead of falling on it...

those 2 plays screwed the chargers....i dont think it was marty's fault and he should not be criticized for the loss....

the players lost this one...

how bout that int that rivers threw to tomlinson and colvin tipped it to himself...

what a great individual effort by rosevelt colvin

Gotta give brady credit for overcoming 3 ints....never thought u would see the light of day when brady threw 3 ints in the playoffs and still won

imo this loss is ont the players not Marty although he will get blamed for his mart ball

Chris Hart
01-14-2007, 10:13 PM
I agree the whole team including the coach need to accept the blame for the loss, but, what was Schotty thinking going for a 4th and 11 in the 4th quarter from the New England 30 yd line? If you don't have a kicker that you can count on from 47 yds in the NFL, you should be fired, lol. That was a bonehead call, 4th and 1 maybe, but not 4th and 11...:confused:

carter08
01-14-2007, 10:14 PM
playoffs = patriots

NDFootball
01-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Told ya :cool:

Tom is money :D

LH Panther Mom
01-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Told ya :cool:

Tom is money :D
And hott..... :inlove: :kiss: :kiss:

NDFootball
01-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Did anyone like how LT was complaining about how the Patriots were disrespectful?? Seriously after that stupid dance Merriman does after almost every play he kinda brought it on himself to get made fun of. LT is amazing on the field don't get me wrong but he shouldn't have thrown his little temper tantrum after the game. If anything it was the CHARGERS who were disrespectful today, if you watched the game you know what I'm talking about, tons of personal fouls on them.

JJ7997
01-15-2007, 02:02 AM
This is all a bunch of " I told you so ". Brady and those Pats simply win in the playoffs as I stated a week ago. No, you cant blame this on Marty, even though I also brought up " Marty Ball" a week ago as well. This game played out a little different than I thought it would but ended with a Pats win like I thought would happen. I just hope the Pats end the Colts season again like they have so many times before. I would think that the chances are good of that happening.

eagles_victory
01-15-2007, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Did anyone like how LT was complaining about how the Patriots were disrespectful?? Seriously after that stupid dance Merriman does after almost every play he kinda brought it on himself to get made fun of. LT is amazing on the field don't get me wrong but he shouldn't have thrown his little temper tantrum after the game. If anything it was the CHARGERS who were disrespectful today, if you watched the game you know what I'm talking about, tons of personal fouls on them. the guy running after New Englands players and trying to fight them has the nerve to call New England classless thats pretty funny to me. what a sore loser.

JJ7997
01-15-2007, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
the guy running after New Englands players and trying to fight them has the nerve to call New England classless thats pretty funny to me. what a sore loser.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

bulldogman06
01-15-2007, 05:08 AM
San Diego should have won, they just made way too many mistakes, I knew they lost it after the first few drives of continuous dropped passes and ints. the Pats didnt win this one, the Chargers lost it. But, either the Pats or the Colts will roll the Saints or Bears.

LitanyofFury
01-15-2007, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
This is all a bunch of " I told you so ". Brady and those Pats simply win in the playoffs as I stated a week ago. No, you cant blame this on Marty, even though I also brought up " Marty Ball" a week ago as well. This game played out a little different than I thought it would but ended with a Pats win like I thought would happen. I just hope the Pats end the Colts season again like they have so many times before. I would think that the chances are good of that happening.

Dang. . .you SURE are going out on a limb there with all your predictions!:rolleyes:

Seriously, when the Colts win on Sunday I hope you come back and eat your crow.

bulldogman06
01-15-2007, 05:14 AM
I want Manning to get one eventually....

JJ7997
01-15-2007, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Dang. . .you SURE are going out on a limb there with all your predictions!:rolleyes:

Seriously, when the Colts win on Sunday I hope you come back and eat your crow.

Ok,since you and I agree so much on another friend and you are now my ally, I wont get into it with you, but saying the chances are good and I hope are not predictions.

LitanyofFury
01-15-2007, 05:36 AM
Ok,since you and I agree so much on another friend and you are now my ally, I wont get into it with you, but saying the chances are good and I hope are not predictions.

I was talking about your Patriots beating the Chargers predictions. That's like picking the sun to come up in the morning.

;)

JJ7997
01-15-2007, 05:36 AM
Another thread I mean, dang its been way too long since my last sleep ! Dont worry, I'm not so proud that I wont eat crow, I just dont THINK I will have to and that does not equal a prediction.

JJ7997
01-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
I was talking about your Patriots beating the Chargers predictions. That's like picking the sun to come up in the morning.

;)

I forgot my nickname was Nostradumbass !

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2007, 08:24 AM
I knew it would come down to the last play. I just wish this would have been the AFC championship game. The Chargers deserve to be there much more than the Colts. I hope the Pats win in the same fashion next week. I like their chances.

Ok why do the Chargers deserve it more than the Colts? Indy has already won two play-off games this year, one on the road, and one at home.

pirate4state
01-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
I want Manning to get one eventually.... Me too, but IN THE PLAYOFFS Peyton has NEVER beat Tom. :D Although, I don't think Peyton is capable of having 3 bad games. Should be a great game, but I'm going with my boy Tom!!! :thumbsup:

burnet44
01-15-2007, 10:44 AM
wish it was in NE with snow flurries
like the 20-3 game that was a classic
wish I had it on tape
one of the best ever

bill while he dresses bad
gets it done
bottom line
let a ton of rec go
still winning
money aint always everything
you can tell the teams and players who are in it for the money
it would appear tom bill and the pats are in it to win
gaffney played for houston
bet he feels better huh

BTEXDAD
01-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
never

the pats played crappy
SD had a lot to do with that
but won
SD won everything but the game
Tom throws 3 ints
he is 3 ints and 17 td's before today
HE THREW AS MANY INTS TODAY AS HE HAS IN ALL OF HIS PLAYOFF GAMES COMBINED

AND THEY WON

players make plays
ask troy brown

some players are just winners. Hard to believe pats won, but they did. Brady finds a way to win.
There are a few other QBs that he reminds me of. John Elway, Joe Montana and Vince Young. They all find a way to win.

burnet44
01-15-2007, 11:31 AM
he throws 51 passes
ol protects
but needs to run block better

buff4life
01-15-2007, 02:50 PM
I wanted San Diego to go all the way....is it true LT is from rosebud-lott? heard that on 610 AM a couple of weeks ago

burnet44
01-15-2007, 05:22 PM
lived on Tomlinson Hill
between Lott and Marlin

TOMLINSON HILL, TEXAS. Tomlinson Hill, on State Highway 320 six miles northeast of Lott in central Falls County, intersection of Highway 320 and FM 2027 was named for the James K. Tomlinson family, who moved to the area in the late 1850s. The school at Tomlinson Hill had fifty-one students in 1933. Three or four businesses, a school, and several scattered houses marked the community on county highway maps in the late 1940s; by the 1980s only a church and one business remained. At that time Tomlinson Hill was the site of the annual meeting of the Old Settlers and Veterans Association of Falls County.

TOMLINSON HILL, Texas: One hundred and fifty years ago, a white farmer named James Tomlinson rode through central Texas in a covered wagon and settled 15 acres of pasture land.

Today, the legacy of those six hectares of land is carried on by a 27-year-old pro football player in San Diego whose ancestors were Tomlinson's slaves.

LaDainian Tomlinson, the San Diego Chargers' running back and the most valuable player in the National Football League, may not be related to James Tomlinson, but they are linked by the hill that bears their name.

Tomlinson Hill belongs to both of them. After Emancipation, LaDainian Tomlinson's ancestors kept the name and stayed on the hill. They wanted to make the place their own.

"I know the hill isn't really named for us," LaDainian Tomlinson said. "But I take pride in it, and I take pride in my name. When I think of that hill, I think of my family. When people look at it, I want them to think about me and my family."

Tomlinson Hill is not listed on maps. Locals refer to it as a settlement, not a town. It does not have a post office, a gas station or a store. It is not really even a hill; the altitude rises slightly from nearby Marlin and Lott. Cows graze on either side of dirt roads. Dogs run unleashed in the streets. Their barking pierces the country quiet.