PDA

View Full Version : Rumors rumors. . .

LitanyofFury
01-14-2007, 01:20 AM
Got this post from OBs. Interesting stuff if true!

I won't stake my reputation on this, but I received a phone call this evening suggesting I make a few more phone calls on a certain subject and...

Well, it looks like Pete Carroll's days at USC may be numbered. According to the information I'm receiving, Carroll's wife caught him engaging in extramarital activities with a 23 year old co-ed and has demanded that Carroll get away from the SoCal party scene program. A departure to the NFL is reportedly in the works.

It's entirely possible that the information I've received is wrong, but I'm two steps up the ladder and have received the same information from both people I've talked to. The person I called with a follow up call reported remarkably similar information to the person that called me initially. I'm inclined to believe there's a story here, though I won't claim to have any details on how this has, or will, play out.

All I knows is... damn! This would be a big one.

--PB--

bandera7
01-14-2007, 01:29 AM
yeah this would be big, but Carroll might be flattering himself to think he could just walk onto some NFL team and be the head coach after stuff like that. The NFL is a business first, and they dont want a naughty coach at the head of their business, so should this prove to be true, he may not have an escape to the NFL.

AggieJohn
01-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
yeah this would be big, but Carroll might be flattering himself to think he could just walk onto some NFL team and be the head coach after stuff like that. The NFL is a business first, and they dont want a naughty coach at the head of their business, so should this prove to be true, he may not have an escape to the NFL. i hear that the Raiders will take a look at him

bandera7
01-14-2007, 01:49 AM
HA, I really just laughed out loud. He would fit right in with the raiders should this turn out to be true :)

Phil C
01-14-2007, 09:55 AM
This story must be bogus. I won't believe it till it is official.

Crow22
01-14-2007, 10:19 AM
So you're telling me that the NFL gives a crap whether or not a prospective coach had a fling with a SoCal hottie?

Ok...

Right....

carter08
01-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
yeah this would be big, but Carroll might be flattering himself to think he could just walk onto some NFL team and be the head coach after stuff like that. The NFL is a business first, and they dont want a naughty coach at the head of their business, so should this prove to be true, he may not have an escape to the NFL.

Ray Lewis is a murderer and the NFL has no problem letting him play. Many teams will give an adulturous coach a chance

Macarthur
01-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Ray Lewis is a murderer and the NFL has no problem letting him play. Many teams will give an adulturous coach a chance

I was thinking the same thing.

Man, it's almost not fair to be a powerful, successful, good-looking guy on that campus. Especially being married. There is so much talent on that campus it's not even funny.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I was thinking the same thing.

Man, it's almost not fair to be a powerful, successful, good-looking guy on that campus. Especially being married. There is so much talent on that campus it's not even funny.

I know it's not fair, but I really don't mind having things that way for me. :D

WildTexan
01-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Got this post from OBs. Interesting stuff if true!

I won't stake my reputation on this, but I received a phone call this evening suggesting I make a few more phone calls on a certain subject and...

Well, it looks like Pete Carroll's days at USC may be numbered. According to the information I'm receiving, Carroll's wife caught him engaging in extramarital activities with a 23 year old co-ed and has demanded that Carroll get away from the SoCal party scene program. A departure to the NFL is reportedly in the works.

It's entirely possible that the information I've received is wrong, but I'm two steps up the ladder and have received the same information from both people I've talked to. The person I called with a follow up call reported remarkably similar information to the person that called me initially. I'm inclined to believe there's a story here, though I won't claim to have any details on how this has, or will, play out.

The Pete Carrol rumors have been out for 6-8 weeks...the main emphasis before was the pending trouble USC will have with the Reggie Bush scandal....secret word was that Pete had discreetly told his closest asst coaches to listen to offers, and that he knew Norm Chow might have a chance at the ArizCardinals job so some of the assts might go there for a job....Pete can not just make a phone call to get a pro job, but if he does leave and sits out a year, he can pretty much name his deal at most major college programs that will open up in a year....

All I knows is... damn! This would be a big one.

--PB--

Bullaholic
01-14-2007, 02:17 PM
I hate to comment on a rumor thread----they are gennerally just that, but I will say this:

Pete Carroll, and other coaches for that matter, are generally lured away from the collegiate ranks by offers of more money and the chance of fame at the NFL level. Not much else motivates them to move. Carroll is making pretty good money at USC and probably has the nucleus of players for a 2007 BCS champion returning. More and more top-level college coaches are finding that the "hassles" of coaching at the NFL level are just not worth the extra money. They would rather retain complete control that they have in college and revel in the "celebrity" status accorded locally to successful collegiate power coaches.

BTW---there are loads of 23-year old women all over this country. If a man has chosen to "stray"-----changes in geographic location is not going to matter.