PDA

View Full Version : Strahan Now Missing More Then a Tooth

eagles_victory
01-13-2007, 11:12 PM
NEWARK, N.J. -- New York Giants star Michael Strahan was ordered to pay his ex-wife $15.3 million -- more than half his net worth -- in keeping with the couple's prenuptial agreement.

Strahan

Under the agreement, Jean Strahan was entitled to 50 percent of their joint marital assets and 20 percent of his yearly income from each year they were married.

"She's grateful to the court," Jean Strahan's lawyer, Ellen Marshall, told The Associated Press on Saturday. "She looks forward to her future, raising their children and moving forward."

A call to Michael Strahan's attorney, Robert Penza, and his agent, Tony Agnone, were not immediately returned.

The NFL star had contended he wasn't responsible for the 20 percent because his wife failed to ask for it every year. But state Superior Court Judge James Convery disagreed, ruling "the plaintiff is not credible in his claim that the defendant never asked for her separate funds."

In addition to the $15.3 million, Convery awarded Jean Strahan hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support. The couple married in 1999.

"It pays to tell the truth, and I told the truth," Jean Strahan said in Saturday's New York Post. "I never asked for a penny more than the prenup that Michael and his lawyers wrote and made me sign. And all I ever asked for was that to be upheld."

Emerson1
01-13-2007, 11:23 PM
That's stupid

theyoefnshow
01-13-2007, 11:25 PM
marriage is overrated.

burnet44
01-13-2007, 11:26 PM
pre nups must not be lol
ouch

mike makes that much
he is overated

theyoefnshow
01-13-2007, 11:27 PM
that would explain why he had to do that wretched Subway commercial.

Emerson1
01-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Why do these superstars always agree to giving up half of their fortune? I see maybe giving up a couple million, but not %50 plus %20 a year.

If the wife gets mad that you won't agree to %50, chances are things won't last anyways.

charlesrixey
01-13-2007, 11:31 PM
i hate pre-nups

i would never marry if this was a question

of course, i don't have much money to worry about

piratebg
01-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Nothing says, "I love you" like a pre nup :D

buff4life
01-14-2007, 02:31 AM
well no duh she didn't ask for any more than the pre nups...she was already gettin almost 16 mill...on just that

buff4life
01-14-2007, 02:31 AM
well no duh she didn't ask for any more than the pre nups...she was already gettin almost 16 mill...on just that

LitanyofFury
01-14-2007, 03:41 AM
The amazing thing is that even after getting HALF of everything. . .she gets HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars just for child support. Since when does it take that much cash to support a kid?

bobcat1
01-14-2007, 06:53 AM
Sounds to me like his lawyer needs a good firing. Why in the heck have a pre-nuptial in the first place is my stand on the whole thing, but to have one that basically says if you leave you get 20% of what I made all these years and 50% of all we have. Does that sound like a reason to stay or leave with the loot and find somebody that can't spit that far through that gap :D in their front teeth. :p

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
marriage is overrated. i disagree with you times infinity. marrying my wife was the best thing i have ever done. i think prenups are over rated. IMHO, it basically means you are planning on getting a divorce. which means its a dumb idea to get married in the first place.

burnet44
01-14-2007, 10:55 AM
does strayhan get any of her earnings?

lol

reminds me of the new Verizon commercial

"What did dad get"

"Dad got hosed"