PDA

View Full Version : Corpus Christi/Coastal Bend folks

Bull Butter
01-13-2007, 09:41 PM
What is your opinion (if any) of the city giving Oso Beach Golf Course to the University?

I know A&M-CC needs the land but I can't see a city of 300,000 with only one Public course. From what I read, it sounds like the mayor is trying hurry this deal through without guaging the public's input.

piratebg
01-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Don't bother me one bit. I'm not a golfer. :)

44INAROW
01-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
What is your opinion (if any) of the city giving Oso Beach Golf Course to the University?

I know A&M-CC needs the land but I can't see a city of 300,000 with only one Public course. From what I read, it sounds like the mayor is trying hurry this deal through without guaging the public's input.

Is that the course where the Regional Tourney was held last spring? The course was having MAJOR work done on it.. we were in a cart, following our son who was playing and we literally got stuck in the mud....... looked like they were adding on 9 holes or something

Bull Butter
01-13-2007, 09:49 PM
That's the place!

Not exactly Augusta National, but way better than Kingsville!

Boosty_Hondo
01-13-2007, 09:53 PM
i think they should TAMUCC definantly need the room this place is packed they need more rooms and stuff so more students can enroll so they can build the alumni to build a football program

44INAROW
01-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
That's the place!

Not exactly Augusta National, but way better than Kingsville!

that's what my son said - he commented on the fairways "sucking" but said at least the wind wasn't blowing 100 mph like it did in Kingsville..... I also have heard the State tourney isn't going to be at Jimmy Clay this year.......

ok back to the original subject fo the thread........ if the city "gives" the land to the Univ - I assume it would be used for more classrooms, etc, and the golf course would be "finito"? The girls were playing at a course pretty closeby - are they connected or totally separate courses?

piratebg
01-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
i think they should TAMUCC definantly need the room this place is packed they need more rooms and stuff so more students can enroll so they can build the alumni to build a football program

I agree. I've been waiting very patiently for them to get a football team going.

Bull Butter
01-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
that's what my son said - he commented on the fairways "sucking" but said at least the wind wasn't blowing 100 mph like it did in Kingsville..... I also have heard the State tourney isn't going to be at Jimmy Clay this year.......

ok back to the original subject fo the thread........ if the city "gives" the land to the Univ - I assume it would be used for more classrooms, etc, and the golf course would be "finito"? The girls were playing at a course pretty closeby - are they connected or totally separate courses?

The Girls played at Gabe Lozano, the city's other public course, about 10 miles away

luvhoops34
01-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I think it's a great idea! TAMUCC needs the space or it's going to have to cap enrollment. I read an article in the Caller Times today and they are going to put a research facility, student housing, sports facilites and a public park on the property.

sinton66
01-13-2007, 10:16 PM
The U does need the room to expand. I believe the article in the paper indicated the city wasn't opposed to putting in a new course somewhere else.

Boosty_Hondo
01-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I agree. I've been waiting very patiently for them to get a football team going.

me 2 hopefully it happens before i leave here so i can try to walk on

AggieJohn
01-14-2007, 09:08 AM
well it does kind of suck and it's great on the other hand..........

sucks because they were really still working on getting that course back together.....the back nine had been completely gutted basically

it's great because well, the course sucked

AggieJohn
01-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
The U does need the room to expand. I believe the article in the paper indicated the city wasn't opposed to putting in a new course somewhere else.

maybe out near kings crossing

District303aPastPlayer
01-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
maybe out near kings crossing

if they do... i doubt it will be public... thats a country club type subdivision... take a drive out past yorktown on staples... and just look at the area...

big daddy russ
01-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
...The girls were playing at a course pretty closeby - are they connected or totally separate courses?
That's probably Pharoah's. It's adjacent to Oso, but is a private course.

44INAROW
01-15-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That's probably Pharoah's. It's adjacent to Oso, but is a private course.

that's it, not sure why I thought the girls played there