PDA

View Full Version : Best running back in 3A next year?

charlesrixey
01-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Who will be the headliner?

Txbroadcaster
01-12-2007, 06:14 PM
The RB from Gilmer Justin Johnson..Already showing up on some national lists

charlesrixey
01-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Any others from ET txB?

wos fan1
01-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Depauldrick Garrett WOS..Had huge Jr. Season

charlesrixey
01-12-2007, 06:22 PM
the only ones i really know about are Allman from LH and Waldrep/McCartney from celina, who are both good enough to start and combined for 40+ touchdowns on the ground and through the air

charlesrixey
01-12-2007, 06:23 PM
there are a lot of good ones graduating, too

Whiteside
McNeal
Buse
And the incredible back from LH who put a whoopin on us

All had monster games in the playoffs

TexanAlum_06
01-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Buse will be heavily missed at Wimberley. IMO one of the best, if not the best overall Athlete to come through wimberley. and we have had some good ones. But the kid replacing him is no slouch Harley West. dont be surprised to see that name a lot next year. I dont think he will be one of the best backs in the state. but really good! Doesnt Celina return their entire backfield besides Prosser? Allman from LH will have a better season but hes a FB. From what I have heard LH already has over 10 move-ins that are legit FB players. so they will probably find a RB just as good as Bode if not better. LH will be a power for a long time with the amount of growth out there west of austin and a lot of football players from the Leander school district and Georgetown wanting to move out there to be apart of a winning team.

charlesrixey
01-12-2007, 06:57 PM
celina does return their entire backfield, prosser was actually a backup qb as well as an all-state performer on defense

the starter, Seth Davis, will be a senior next year

his injuries in the playoffs allowed Prosser the chance to come in and help, which he did tremendously

gtownpoke
01-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Justin Johnson from Gilmer was in the USA Today's top 10 players from next years class

shamu85
01-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
celina does return their entire backfield, prosser was actually a backup qb as well as an all-state performer on defense

the starter, Seth Davis, will be a senior next year

his injuries in the playoffs allowed Prosser the chance to come in and help, which he did tremendously

rixey, watching warmups at the game, I thought Prosser looked like a much better QB than Davis. Just my first time to see either one, but Prosser's passes were on target and with much less loft than Davis. Was he really not as strong as Davis.

I also thought Davis was lucky twice during the game that his pass was not intercepted because it didn't have much zip on it.

bobcat1
01-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
rixey, watching warmups at the game, I thought Prosser looked like a much better QB than Davis. Just my first time to see either one, but Prosser's passes were on target and with much less loft than Davis. Was he really not as strong as Davis.

I also thought Davis was lucky twice during the game that his pass was not intercepted because it didn't have much zip on it.

We were very fortunate to have 3 equal QB's. Davis, Prosser, and Lynn can lead equally as well. Davis and Lynn are juniors and will return next year. We needed Prosser to play on defense and that was part of the decision making process. I think the coaches did alright in their judgement. I mean we did get to the final game and got beat in the last 6 seconds.

Back to the original idea; Waldrip/McCartney will be very hard to contain next year as juniors. They were sophomores this year and should dramatically improve next year in overall strength.:thumbsup:

Cameron Crazy
01-12-2007, 10:41 PM
I would say whiteside but he is gone!

LH Panther Mom
01-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
From what I have heard LH already has over 10 move-ins that are legit FB players.
I don't know how many, but any that have moved here have yet to live through off-season. :devil: :devil: :devil:

JR2004
01-13-2007, 12:49 AM
It's Justin Johnson and then everybody else in 3A as far as tailbacks go.

Fal44
01-13-2007, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
It's Justin Johnson and then everybody else in 3A as far as tailbacks go.

Is this the same Justin Johnson who played for richardson Berkner..?

Txbroadcaster
01-13-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Fal44
Is this the same Justin Johnson who played for richardson Berkner..?

No

Fal44
01-13-2007, 01:40 AM
oh ok...

big daddy russ
01-13-2007, 02:31 AM
There's a kid from Van who's actually ranked ahead of Johnson on some recruiting boards. Don't hear much about him on here and I don't know a thing about him other than what I've seen on Rivals and stuff, but he's one to keep an eye on.

JR2004
01-13-2007, 02:57 AM
You're talking about the Calhoun kid. Being that he's from Van, his name isn't going to get out a lot on this board because what Van is best at is basketball. He started I believe, or was the 6th man, as a freshman when the Vandals won state in basketball. I saw him that year down in Austin at the state tournament and he is a very gifted athlete. You could tell even then when he was a freshman that the kid was a special athlete. If he played at a school more known for football, let's say WOS, Gilmer or a Cuero, he'd be getting much more attention on here. Like Johnson, he'll be able to go anywhere he wants to.

bobcat1
01-13-2007, 09:00 AM
What is his phone number? I would like a shot at talking to him and his parents! :D ;) :p

charlesrixey
01-13-2007, 09:16 AM
if he is being mentioned as the top back in texas by rivals, then he is getting some attention

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Bellville will have some veteran starters at running back, Byron Abbs 6'0 200 pound last year will be one of the top backs in the district, and Clayton Chaney 6'0 180 pound last year was very good as a 10th grader on varsity, last season he was coming of surgery, so he sould be 100% for the upcoming year. Back-up Garrette Nunn 6'0 205 Jr will also get some playing time.

Crow22
01-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Thadeus Wilkerson - Needville (1,725 yds and 22tds last year)

carter08
01-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Crow22
Thadeus Wilkerson - Needville (1,725 yds and 22tds last year)

I was just about to say that

He WILL lead Needville to a playoff berth this year

Crow22
01-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I was just about to say that

He WILL lead Needville to a playoff berth this year

We sure hope so....

Daddy D 11
01-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Like LHPM mom said...i don't know about ten new kids, from what i can tell there has only been three..

charlesrixey
01-13-2007, 02:00 PM
just out of curiousity, does anyone know what Liberty-Eylau has coming back?

necks_c/09
01-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville will have some veteran starters at running back, Byron Abbs 6'0 200 pound last year will be one of the top backs in the district, and Clayton Chaney 6'0 180 pound last year was very good as a 10th grader on varsity, last season he was coming of surgery, so he sould be 100% for the upcoming year. Back-up Garrette Nunn 6'0 205 Jr will also get some playing time. hey did that brandon harris kid graduate...b/c he is good....wr/rb/kr......and what did you think of flannel last season....too bad he is graduating....gonna be very difficult to replace

necks_c/09
01-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
Thadeus Wilkerson - Needville (1,725 yds and 22tds last year) this kid can run...i forgot all about him....who will be the qb down in needville next year anyway????

i dont know what they have returning but i think their jv and fish both went 10-0 in our tough district....

i dont know whether their jv beat ours or not though but i think they did....2 good classes coming up anyway...

should be a team to reckon w/ next

my pick for the district runnerup next year

of course we will win district:D :D :D

WildTexan
01-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
this kid can run...i forgot all about him....who will be the qb down in needville next year anyway????

i dont know what they have returning but i think their jv and fish both went 10-0 in our tough district....

i dont know whether their jv beat ours or not though but i think they did....2 good classes coming up anyway...

so.....here is education at work...

they went 10-0 in district play but you do not know if they beat yall or not....I think a few of us could venture a guess to that query, for the weaker brained humans that might not know the answer.....

Crow22
01-13-2007, 03:42 PM
this kid can run...i forgot all about him....who will be the qb down in needville next year anyway????

JV and 9th graders went 9-0 and 10-0 respectively....

txkmom
01-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
just out of curiousity, does anyone know what Liberty-Eylau has coming back?

LaMichael James

Matthew328
01-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Here is my top 5

Jermie Calhoun, Van
Justin Johnson, Gilmer
LaMichael James, Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
DePauldrick Garrett, WOS
Kortlin White, Rockdale

bandera7
01-13-2007, 09:56 PM
West from Wimberley will be good, he is very very fast. He was on many of the varsity relays in Wimberley as a freshman and sophomore. I dont know if he will be top 10 in 3a, but I do know that he will be good.

JuicE68
01-13-2007, 10:15 PM
josh trant of decatur

buff4life
01-14-2007, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Here is my top 5

Jermie Calhoun, Van
Justin Johnson, Gilmer
LaMichael James, Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
DePauldrick Garrett, WOS
Kortlin White, Rockdale

ok..i agree with the first four...but Kortlin White?? he didn't even make first team all-district this year...no way...if you want a wild card...put in Brock Fitzhenry from the quarterback position and he will be the better back with the best numbers....no matter what the haters may say

pirate4state
01-14-2007, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
ok..i agree with the first four...but Kortlin White?? he didn't even make first team all-district this year...no way...if you want a wild card...put in Brock Fitzhenry from the quarterback position and he will be the better back with the best numbers....no matter what the haters may say

Well those are his picks and you can have yours. :p

Who does Cuero have coming back?? I don't even know who Sinton will have in the backfield next year. :( :(

That kid from Celina will be a force!!!!

Old Green
01-14-2007, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Who does Cuero have coming back?? I don't even know who Sinton will have in the backfield next year. :( :(

That kid from Celina will be a force!!!! Cuero will have Quincy Whittington, Stephon Hargrove, and the starting fullback next year. I can't remember the FB name though.

sinfan75
01-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

That kid from Celina will be a force!!!! Sinton will have the Harris kid back next year. Thats about all I know. But talkin to a booster unless the HC starts bringin in some better assistants this is gonna be another long year. Last year Sinton started 2-a-days with between 105-110 kids. Ended up with about 74 grades 9-12. Thats quite a large number of kids to quit. Some decided to just play baseball, others were just flat lazy but most just didn't like the coaches. I know some people on here won't like my opinion but but it's also others opinion. Attitudes of coaches and players need to change or its gonna be another long year.

RdaleBoi08
01-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Ok You Know What buff4life, if i carried that much as brock did then yea,but not makin 1rst doesnt mean nanything

Matthew328
01-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Firzhenry is a great QB..not a RB and I don't think he'll be a RB in college either...he seems more of a DB type to me...

Keep an eye on White..there is a reason big time schools are looking at him...he'll have a big senior season proto-type RB...no one knows much about him because he plays for Rockdale and they don't have much talent across the board...check out his rivals profile...

http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=59289

Crow22
01-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Firzhenry is a great QB..not a RB and I don't think he'll be a RB in college either...he seems more of a DB type to me...

Keep an eye on White..there is a reason big time schools are looking at him...he'll have a big senior season proto-type RB...no one knows much about him because he plays for Rockdale and they don't have much talent across the board...check out his rivals profile...

http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=59289

Matt...I'm telling you....keep a real eye on Thadeus Wilkerson. I may be a little biased but he's the best I've coached in 10 years. 5'11, 209lbs and an absolute beast to bring down. Ask anybody that played against him. Should shatter the school record for all-time rushing next year (if he stays healthy).

buff4life
01-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
Ok You Know What buff4life, if i carried that much as brock did then yea,but not makin 1rst doesnt mean nanything

well in most people's book it means that the best running backs in the district get 1ST TEAM...but i guess that is some wild idea too...and yea brock does get a lot of carries, but last year the guy from Rusk had almost 100 more carries than him but brock had just as many yards...its not the carries, its the talent...sorry...enjoy mediocrity

necks_c/09
01-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
so.....here is education at work...

they went 10-0 in district play but you do not know if they beat yall or not....I think a few of us could venture a guess to that query, for the weaker brained humans that might not know the answer.....

ya know what?

Look, you dont know me and i dont know you so do us all a favor and don't make presumptions about people's intelligence level in a personal way because more than likely i am much smarter than you.

okay???

thanks

Now, for those "weaker brained humans" I'm going to explain myself. I didnt say they went 10-0, I said I THINK they went 10-0 but I wasn't sure because I am not that worried about Needville's jv team.
I also didn't say they went 10-0 in district play. I simply said I thought they went 10-0 in our district. That is two different things, buddy.

I also think our jv had two losses but I wasn't sure who they lost to so that is why I threw that in there. (Any numb-nut with a brain {including you} can figure out that a team went undefeated if they did not lose.)

Now that I have completely explained my comments would you like to further criticize my posts? If so I can play this game all day.;)

carter08
01-14-2007, 03:40 PM
ya know what?

Look, you dont know me and i dont know you so do us all a favor and don't make presumptions about people's intelligence level in a personal way because more than likely i am much smarter than you.

Ha.
You smarter than someone.
You make me laugh

Daddy D 11
01-14-2007, 03:43 PM
well in most people's book it means that the best running backs in the district get 1ST TEAM...but i guess that is some wild idea too...and yea brock does get a lot of carries, but last year the guy from Rusk had almost 100 more carries than him but brock had just as many yards...its not the carries, its the talent...sorry...enjoy mediocrity

i would..but it's kinda hard taking into consideration we beat Giddings...and WON STATE :D

Sorry.....enjoy mediocrity :p

RdaleBoi08
01-14-2007, 03:45 PM
so your sayin i have no talent? buff4life

buff4life
01-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
i would..but it's kinda hard taking into consideration we beat Giddings...and WON STATE :D

Sorry.....enjoy mediocrity :p

DURRR...was i talking to anyone from Liberty HIll...........NO...and FYI i wouldn't call 13-1 mediocrity, but hey be a good champ and say what you want to....

to wutever boi08...i never said you had no talent, i'm just sayin brock has more....he has alot and so do you...i was saying enjoy mediocrity to your entire team

LH Panther Mom
01-14-2007, 04:32 PM
if you want a wild card...put in Brock Fitzhenry from the quarterback position and he will be the better back with the best numbers....no matter what the haters may say
If his position said "RB", he might be considered. :)

necks_c/09
01-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Ha.
You smarter than someone.
You make me laugh

ya know what carter....

think about...

soph. in pre-cal....all (honors classes)

about a 100 gpa

not too shabby

just b/c im not a super nerd like some people

we took the same psat test and ur a year older and only scored a lil bit higher...

cut me a break y dont u?

buff4life
01-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If his position said "RB", he might be considered. :)

IMO running back means rushing yards....he won't be considered that on paper but on people minds...

if you want an interesting fact...the two leading rushers in 3A this year were quarterbacks

pirate4state
01-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
so your sayin i have no talent? buff4life It sure seemed that way! :thinking:

carter08
01-14-2007, 04:35 PM
ya know what carter....

think about...

soph. in pre-cal....all (honors classes)

about a 100 gpa

not too shabby

just b/c im not a super nerd like some people

we took the same psat test and ur a year older and only scored a lil bit higher...

cut me a break y dont u?

you actually do homework though

necks_c/09
01-14-2007, 04:39 PM
you actually do homework though

yea....but u study and i dont.....balances out....

and i never said u werent smart though

carter08
01-14-2007, 04:43 PM
yea....but u study and i dont.....balances out....

and i never said u werent smart though

i study the period before class. its not like i study the night before a test or anything

necks_c/09
01-14-2007, 04:46 PM
i study the period before class. its not like i study the night before a test or anything so...ur still a nerd for studyin:nerd:

rundoe
01-14-2007, 04:48 PM
wheres WR when we need him, lol. He'd fit right in this thread. Thats about much sence this makes.

carter08
01-14-2007, 04:48 PM
so...ur still a nerd for studyin:nerd:

What part of "you actually do homework" do you not understand :nerd:

Anyway, Darren Grice and John Holmes are good backs. Not Top 5, but still very relaible runners

pirate4state
01-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
wheres WR when we need him, lol

:D He'll be back on Tuesday. ;)

necks_c/09
01-14-2007, 04:51 PM
i think we have a Rb by commitee next year...no real standouts for us

Who-dun-it!!?
01-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I would say whiteside but he is gone!

Thank goodness!!
That boy is a hoss!!!

Sftball4Life
01-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Seth Mogavero - Robinson

that kid is one of the hardest tailbacks to tackle I've ever seen - great moves, power and speed

LHPfactory
01-18-2007, 09:44 AM
What part of "you actually do homework" do you not understand :nerd:

Anyway, Darren Grice and John Holmes are good backs. Not Top 5, but still very relaible runners

Is Darren related to Marvin Grice from Angleton, he drowned when He and I were sophmores (summer between 9th and 10th i believe), was a great athlete.

As far as backs go, I believe Allman should have a big year.

g$$
01-18-2007, 09:50 AM
I still say anyone named "John Holmes" better be good! Lots to live up to as well off the field...

Lots of Grice's in that area LHP. Van Vleck had a bunch of them for years. WC has had some too. Angleton as you said. Funny thing, I don't remember one from Sweeny in my 30+ years, but maybe I have forgotten someone.

CHSWR07
01-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Curtis Kevil from clyde he played on two severly sprained ankles last year and posted crazy numbers especially for him being hurt as bad as he was he'll be back and better than ever next year especially if he's healthy the big key will not be his health because he will put the numbers up no matter what the key will be the bulldogs line they graduated their whole line and will most likely be replaced by some BIG talented sophmores and a couple jrs.

buffalo2006
01-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Brock is a good player but he is no quarterback. After the LH game it may have opened up some options for the Giddings team with Locke at quarterback and Brock and the amazing Alan Dock at the wing position. Hoping that they play Dock the entire season this year, despite only playing him half the season at running back last year.

Necked
01-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Lots of Grice's in that area LHP. Van Vleck had a bunch of them for years. WC has had some too. Angleton as you said. Funny thing, I don't remember one from Sweeny in my 30+ years, but maybe I have forgotten someone.

His dad, also named Darren, is an '87 grad and was a good player as well. He took over at RB when Wayne sprained his ankle before the '86 playoffs...