PDA

View Full Version : Soldier poses for Playboy; relieved from duty

Adidas410s
01-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Soldier stripped of duties after posing for Playboy

Associated Press
Jan. 12, 2007 09:39 AM

SAN ANTONIO - An Air Force staff sergeant who posed nude for Playboy magazine has been relieved of her duties while the military investigates.

In February's issue, hitting newsstands this week, Michelle Manhart is photographed in uniform yelling and holding weapons under the headline "Tough Love." The following pages show her partially clothed, wearing her dog tags while working out, as well as completely nude.

"This staff sergeant's alleged action does not meet the high standards we expect of our airmen, nor does it comply with the Air Force's core values of integrity, service before self, and excellence in all we do," Oscar Balladares, spokesman for Lackland Air Force Base, said in a statement released Thursday. advertisement

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/pics/breaking/0112PlayboyMilitary-autosized158.jpg
Michelle Manhart, seen here posing for a photo in San Antonio Thursday, is featured in the February issue of Playboy magazine. She has been relieved of her Air Force duties pending an investigation.

Manhart told Playboy that she considers herself as standing up for her rights.

"Of what I did, nothing is wrong, so I didn't anticipate anything, of course," Manhart, 30, told The Associated Press. "I didn't do anything wrong, so I didn't think it would be a major issue."

Manhart, who is married with two children, joined the Air Force in 1994, spending time in Kuwait in 2002. She trains airmen at Lackland.

Bullaholic
01-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Enlistments should double next month. :D

charlesrixey
01-12-2007, 06:05 PM
This was an airman, not a soldier. Hate to be a stickler, but the services pride themselves on the difference. As a Marine, i hate being referred to as a 'soldier.' The navy calls themselves 'sailors. Or Seaman---which is why i'm guessing they prefer sailor

This has obviously been on the DOD network computers all day--except, of course, the pictures

Even better, she trains air force recruits, which means she is the fantasy of many a basic training airman
:D

charlesrixey
01-12-2007, 06:06 PM
my twin brother is in the air force, so i have some authority in this

besides, it's been an open discussion for years about how much better looking the women are in the air force than the other services

BILLYFRED0000
01-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
This was an airman, not a soldier. Hate to be a stickler, but the services pride themselves on the difference. As a Marine, i hate being referred to as a 'soldier.' The navy calls themselves 'sailors. Or Seaman---which is why i'm guessing they prefer sailor

This has obviously been on the DOD network computers all day--except, of course, the pictures

Even better, she trains air force recruits, which means she is the fantasy of many a basic training airman

You mean she was a DI......man my DI never looked like that.

Pudlugger
01-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Do you think she works out?:D

charlesrixey
01-12-2007, 06:45 PM
in the air force they are now called TI's (technical instructors) although she may have been just an instructor and not one living with a recruit flight

what service were you in Billy?

DI's are in my Marine Corps!

Adidas410s
01-12-2007, 08:35 PM

I apologize for the misstep...I just copied/pasted the title without even reading it.

piratebg
01-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Well, I could see where they might be a little upset, but at the same time, Playboy is a symbol of just one of many of America's freedoms. And the articles are not that bad either. ;)

charlesrixey
01-12-2007, 08:41 PM
i wasn't blaming you, AD, it was the article that mis-stated it!

:p :p :p

theyoefnshow
01-12-2007, 10:51 PM
I had a .....what we'll call a "beneficial friend" who is in the Air Force. They have a pretty strict policy with stuff like this. She used to strip part time but had to do it like over an hour away from where she normally reported to because stuff like that is a big no no. Guess this falls under that same umbrella.

charlesrixey
01-13-2007, 09:24 AM
you wouldn't believe how many daughters of senior military personnel strip in the same towns their fathers are stationed.

BILLYFRED0000
01-13-2007, 09:28 AM
in the air force they are now called TI's (technical instructors) although she may have been just an instructor and not one living with a recruit flight

what service were you in Billy?

DI's are in my Marine Corps!

USAF. But they still called them DI's. That was back when basic
was still basic and not a summer camp.

charlesrixey
01-13-2007, 09:32 AM
that's true, Billy

I was there when my brother graduated from lackland thanksgiving 2003

They do have it rough at times, but it's still a completely different world

BILLYFRED0000
01-13-2007, 09:54 AM
that's true, Billy

I was there when my brother graduated from lackland thanksgiving 2003

They do have it rough at times, but it's still a completely different world

It is never that rough for the airmen. It wasn't even that bad when I went thru. I should went with the navy. Their the guys that give you marines a ride whenever theres fightin to be done.

rundoe
01-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
[B]Soldier stripped of duties after posing for Playboy

Associated Press
Jan. 12, 2007 09:39 AM

Did anyone catch the title of this Associated Press Article??? lol

Adidas, yours was more appropriate.

AggieJohn
01-13-2007, 12:00 PM
if her husband had no problem with it, i don't see the problem

charlesrixey
01-13-2007, 12:27 PM
unfortunately her husband is not the government. Miltary personnel don't have all of the same rights as civlians.