PDA

View Full Version : What's the weather REALLY like outside right now???

Adidas410s
01-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Dallas News/WFAA Weather Map

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/weather/radar/MAX.jpg

Weather.com Weather Map

http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_dfw_closeradar_plus_usen.jpg

The line of where the storms are located is about the same. However...the colors indicating the strength of the storms differs greatly! :thinking:

eagles72
01-12-2007, 05:48 PM
We've had freezing rain and drizzle all day long in Amarillo!! Suppose to get worse tonight, right now the temp is 14!!!

Ranger Mom
01-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by eagles72
We've had freezing rain and drizzle all day long in Amarillo!! Suppose to get worst tonight, right now the temp is 14!!!

I talked to chopblock on the phone earlier...it was 13° wherever he was.

I figure he was in the Panhandle somewhere, he lives around Canadian!

mwynn05
01-12-2007, 05:52 PM
I think wfaa is right bc it was raining hard here for a while earlier

charlesrixey
01-12-2007, 06:01 PM
this may be the only time i am glad i am stationed in North Carolina.

High was 70 today and all weekend, before dipping back down into the 30's next week

Adidas410s
01-12-2007, 08:36 PM
after taking over an hour and a half to drive home...the top map is DEFINITELY correct! ;)

kepdawg
01-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Those radars are very similar. The yellow on the top radar is just at the halfway point of storm strength. The dark green on the bottom radar is just at the halfway point of storm strength.

lepfan
01-12-2007, 11:13 PM
It is freakin 4 degrees outside....has been since 3 p.m. with blowing snow! Have I mentioned lately that I hate Kansas....and I think I now hate snow even more!

MHSvarsity2007
01-12-2007, 11:18 PM
after the basketball games tonight all of us had our doors on our cars frozen shut...we had to go get warm water just to get into our cars. it's 28 here according to yahoo! weather

luvhoops34
01-12-2007, 11:31 PM
After the basketball game here in Poth America where our girls were up 50-18 in the 3QT......

It's 68 balmy degrees with a nice south wind. Crickets chriping, life is good. :D

lepfan
01-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
after the basketball games tonight all of us had our doors on our cars frozen shut...we had to go get warm water just to get into our cars. it's 28 here according to yahoo! weather There are cars up here that are still buried in snow...the snow has blown under and into the cars...belts are frozen, doors are frozen, and in some cases the vehicle is just part of a mound in the street. In some areas you must be careful of 'snow drifts' because there just may be a car under there! The low tonight is supposed to be -1, and that is NOT windchill..

Bandera YaYa
01-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
There are cars up here that are still buried in snow...the snow has blown under and into the cars...belts are frozen, doors are frozen, and in some cases the vehicle is just part of a mound in the street. In some areas you must be careful of 'snow drifts' because there just may be a car under there! The low tonight is supposed to be -1, and that is NOT windchill.. I know you hate it , but send some of that snow down here to me!!!!!! Please!!!!!! (stay warm) :D

mav83
01-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Kinda warm in Whitehouse. Got all the windows open but it's too hot to sleep so will be shutting them and turning the air on very soon.

DU_stud04
01-13-2007, 12:45 AM
first one defiantly is the right one, as soon as i got into weatherford, got drenched and couldnt see the car infront or the two on the side of me....

one thing though, it BETTER freeze or i left vacation 3 days early for nothing......:mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
01-13-2007, 01:34 AM
I ran into some crazy rain in the Belton/Temple area. It was pretty cool!! :D I couldn't see a thing and somehow managed to send a text. :eek: :doh:

It is cold outside!!! brrrrrr :D I LOVE IT!!! :clap: