PDA

View Full Version : Perryton

wildstangs
11-11-2002, 10:18 AM
Who was Perrytons loss to? Was it the Post Antelopes? If we win this week we most likely get Perryton. I know there was a Perryton fan on here recently. Come back dude!

Da Mules
11-11-2002, 05:34 PM
Perryton did lose to Post. One of their fans said they were ahead 17-0 and pulled their starters due to heat cramps, and didn't put them back in even when Post went wild on them. Perryton didn't lose a whole lot from last year's team, which went to the semi-finals in D1. Anybody who takes them too lightly will be breaking out the roundballs and sneakers the following Monday.

wildstangs
11-11-2002, 07:09 PM
Da Mules:
Perryton did lose to Post. One of their fans said they were ahead 17-0 and pulled their starters due to heat cramps, and didn't put them back in even when Post went wild on them. Perryton didn't lose a whole lot from last year's team, which went to the semi-finals in D1. Anybody who takes them too lightly will be breaking out the roundballs and sneakers the following Monday.Hey Mules, thanks for the info. Glad to see you guys are in the playoffs.

Da Mules
11-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Thanks, Stangs, we slipped in by the hair of the Dimmitt Bobcats chinny chins...3-way tie for 2nd place, point differential settled it. For the first time in a loooong time, Muleshoe had some player/discipline problems this year. We lost 10 kids this season, mostly seniors, who were kicked off for rules violations or QUIT with only two weeks left in the season. Heck of a way to finish up your high school career, eh? We are starting several sophs and 2 freshmen, and they are doing a better job than the quitters were doing!! On the positive side, I think the coaching staff did the A-1 right thing to do; they basically drew a line and said "anybody want to cross it; this is what happens." We have the potential of a very very good team in this year's freshman class, and that lesson was for their benefit more than the kids who quit. The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal actually broke down and wrote a story about a team besides Texas Wreck or a school outside the city limit signs, if I can make the link work. Anyways, we're proud of the kids who are giving it all they got!! MULE MANIA!! :p Muleshoe playoffs (http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/111102/hig_111102028.shtml)

<small>[ November 11, 2002, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Da Mules ]</small>

Matthew328
11-11-2002, 09:37 PM
Perryton is a very good team...maybe even better than last year's state semi-finalist team...Caleb Campbell is one of the more underrated players in the state...winner of Perryton-Sweetwater I think has a great shot at making the regional final..they'll have to get past Decatur most likely but both teams are capable of beating Decatur....from what I saw last season of Perryton they are a well coached bunch..they don't beat themselves, great tacklers, and a well executed methodical offense that will have a few tricks in the playbook