PDA

View Full Version : Another Car Incidence Yesterday with Phil C (for Ad only)

Phil C
01-12-2007, 12:04 PM
I dropped my wife off at work at 7:30 A.M. yesterday. I then drove to the Tejas Chevrolet yesterday afterward and they had just opened. I needed an inspection sticker since mine exspires that month plus I needed an oil change. Since I was there I also I asked them to rotate the tires. They also offerred to balance them but I told them they were running good so that the tire rotation would be enough. I worked across the street so I went to work and got a call at 9:10 A.M. My car was ready. I went and got the car after I paid the $57.65 bill for all three things which I was satisfied with and the service was so prompt but that is also a benefit of being able to get your vehicle in early. I drove the car to work and parked it. With relief that these things were done I got out of the car and went through the door and went back to work.

AP Panther Fan
01-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Yet another great thing about living in a small town.:)

I would constantly get frustrated with waiting at Walmart for an oil change...recently went to a small business here in town and was in and out in 10 minutes...plus they were actually nice.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Blastoderm55
01-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Yet another great thing about living in a small town.:)

I would constantly get frustrated with waiting at Walmart for an oil change...recently went to a small business here in town and was in and out in 10 minutes...plus they were actually nice.:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm under the impression that Wal-Mart doesn't even change the oil when I take my car in. Well, I never take mine in, but my fiancee allows them to ravage her poor car. We wait a minimum of 30 minutes, and come to find a car that has not had interior vacuumed or windows washed, when the services were specifically asked for. I don't care if there's a half-empty bottle of water on the floor. It doesn't mean I don't want you to put it in the garbage or at least vacuum around it. :mad:

pirate4state
01-12-2007, 12:18 PM
:thinking: Wal Mart has never let me down. My car always gets the VIP treatment. :thumbsup: They do tend to take forever though, but I'm in the store shopping so it's all good. :D

Phil - I thought you were gonna tell us, errrr AD, that you got another ticket! :doh:

Blastoderm55
01-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: Wal Mart has never let me down. My car always gets the VIP treatment. :thumbsup: They do tend to take forever though, but I'm in the store shopping so it's all good. :D

I'm not about to flash the boys in the service shop in hopes of getting good service. ;)

pirate4state
01-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I'm not about to flash the boys in the service shop in hopes of getting good service. ;)

:eek: :eek: :o :o :D :D

Phil C
01-12-2007, 12:27 PM

Phil - I thought you were gonna tell us, errrr AD, that you got another ticket! :doh:

Be patient! :)
I gotta pay for the other one first. :(

Phil C
01-12-2007, 12:28 PM

:D

AP Panther Fan
01-12-2007, 12:56 PM
They do tend to take forever though, but I'm in the store shopping so it's all good. :D

The pharmacy in Walmart is equally frustrating for me...takes forever! I think that is the plan though, the more time spent in the store...the more $$$ spent.:mad:

Blastoderm55
01-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
The pharmacy in Walmart is equally frustrating for me...takes forever! I think that is the plan though, the more time spent in the store...the more $$$ spent.:mad:

The new Wal-Mart in Beeville has a drive-thru pharmacy ala Walgreens. What freaks me out is that the drive-thru is on the opposite side of the store as the pharmacy itself. I imagine being stuck in that drive-thru is more painful than the bank on payday. :eek:

AP Panther Fan
01-12-2007, 01:06 PM
The new Wal-Mart in Beeville has a drive-thru pharmacy ala Walgreens. What freaks me out is that the drive-thru is on the opposite side of the store as the pharmacy itself. I imagine being stuck in that drive-thru is more painful than the bank on payday. :eek:

lol...I like drive up windows, but you might have a point there.

We are actually just about to get a Walgreen's Store on the opposite corner from our Walmart...hmmm, hope they have a drive up.:D

Blastoderm55
01-12-2007, 01:22 PM
We've got a new Walgreens here as well that's nearing completion. It will have a drive-thru. Its near our H-E-B, which overwent a facelift in order to build, yes you guessed it, a drive-thru pharmacy. I'm under the impression that people too sick or lazy to get off the car probably should be driving in the first place. :p Oh well, the convenience is nice, especially if you don't want to change out of jammies.

Adidas410s
01-12-2007, 01:25 PM
oh Phil...you never let me down!!! :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

AP Panther Fan
01-12-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm under the impression that people too sick or lazy to get off the car probably should be driving in the first place. :p Oh well, the convenience is nice, especially if you don't want to change out of jammies.

Yep, and I don't want to be breathing their germy air either so best they use the drive thru....

That is one of the things that gets to me about going to a Dr's office, as if you aren't already sick enough, Lord only knows what you will leave there with after sitting in the waiting room.:dispntd: