PDA

View Full Version : Mamas Let Your Babies Grow up to be Soccer Players!

Phil C
01-12-2007, 10:55 AM
And you Papas too!

Man, $250 M over five years ain't bad!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=AifZiQtqdh5pghcGe0opoD0mw7YF?slug=reu-beckhamdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Bullaholic
01-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
And you Papas too!

Man, $250 M over five years ain't bad!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=AifZiQtqdh5pghcGe0opoD0mw7YF?slug=reu-beckhamdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Fat Cats!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

rundoe
01-12-2007, 11:03 AM
My sons threw down the socer ball as soon as Pop Warner was offered in our town and never looked back.

Phil C
01-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
My sons threw down the socer ball as soon as Pop Warner was offered in our town and never looked back.

What a Big Mi$take that might have been. :)

Phil C
01-12-2007, 11:05 AM
This might make Soccer a very popular sport in America now. This is good for women's soccer which is what I like. Good news indeed! I am sure Ad is very delighted. :)

Phil C
01-12-2007, 11:20 AM
He not only gets all that money (and he was already wealthy from his revenue in Europe) he also gets to marry one of the pretty Spice girls.

:)

Adidas410s
01-12-2007, 11:22 AM
This might make Soccer a very popular sport in America now. This is good for women's soccer which is what I like. Good news indeed! I am sure Ad is very delighted. :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
01-12-2007, 11:23 AM
He not only gets all that money (and he was already wealthy from his revenue in Europe) he also gets to marry one of the pretty Spice girls.

:)

I thought they had already been married for a good while??? :confused:

Phil C
01-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I thought they had already been married for a good while??? :confused:

Right you are Ad! Talk about getting to keep your cake and eat it too. He is married to a wealthy beautiful nice young woman and is himself very wealthy. Welcome to America David! Soccer here we come! :)

Phil C
01-12-2007, 11:59 AM
AD - man with the popularity of soccer coming to America they may have to expand these soccer stadiums nationwide. :)

Phil C
01-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Ad- the pretty thing is that this is bound to be able to make women's soccer popular. I hope I can get a seat at the big 12 tournament in November.

Manck
01-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Stadium expansion is NOT what you want in America yet. You want to be selling out the 20-25k seat stadiums you have now until they're such a hot ticket that supply and demand FORCES you to expand.

I think in the long term, since it's only one massive contract per team, the Beckham signing will be good for MLS.

However, I do hope he goes 0-4 against FC Dallas, and 4-0 against the taint-lickers in Houston.

JasperDog94
01-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Manck
taint-lickers in Houston. :confused:

DU_stud04
01-12-2007, 02:05 PM
i still dont think with him coming in it will help expand intrest in soccer much, maybe more of a woman and gay fanbase... which most of them are there just to see him run around. soccer will never be anything to the effect it is over in.....pretty much any other country.

JasperDog94
01-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i still dont think with him coming in it will help expand intrest in soccer much, maybe more of a woman and gay fanbase... which most of them are there just to see him run around. soccer will never be anything to the effect it is over in.....pretty much any other country. Because we're not commies.:)

DU_stud04
01-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Because we're not commies.:) :mad: :mad: :mad:

JasperDog94
01-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
:mad: :mad: :mad: :D :D :D

carter08
01-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Manck

However, I do hope he goes 0-4 against FC Dallas, and 4-0 against the taint-lickers in Houston.

Dynamo = MLS Champs
Dallas= Losers

LitanyofFury
01-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Actually, while MLS may not be that popular right now in the United States. . .I doubt that will be the norm in the years to come. With our high population growth, especially from people immigrating from Latin America and other places, soccer is eventually going to explode as a VERY popular sport here in the US.

While I don't think Beckham will contribute that much to his team. . .the reason the Galaxy picked him up was for ad dollars and the media coverage he'll bring. The problem with US soccer is that the players are all sub-par compared to those in the rest of the world. Beckham is the first step in bringing those big time players here to the US which will snowball into making American soccer a legitimate force. It's popularity will only grow from there.