PDA

View Full Version : texas loses another commit

TexanAlum_06
01-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Just saw on Orangebloods that we lost another commitment. It is an offensive lineman.I have a gold membership but not a membership to" Inside the 40 acres " So I cant read the article and therefore dont know who it is?. does anyone on here know who it is? Phil C do you know anything?

TexanAlum_06
01-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Okay I figured out who it was. it was Jerrod Gooch from Vidor. its alright I didnt think he was that good anyway.

$cooter!
01-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Okay I figured out who it was. it was Jerrod Gooch from Vidor. its alright I didnt think he was that good anyway. I've seen video of him.......he was a good player.

LitanyofFury
01-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah, it's Gooch. He's a good 3-star but with the talent we've got coming in Mack wanted him to greyshirt or something. Rumor is Mack's trying to make room for some more top-flight players like Scott, Cole, McKnight, Creer, etc.

TexanAlum_06
01-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah I mean hes not bad.... But if we were to lose a commit. I woudl rather it be him then tray allen or Kyle Hix. Because IMO they are better. But im not saying im ok with it. its never good to lose a commit.

$cooter!
01-12-2007, 02:10 AM
Kinda make other recruits think something is wrong thats why i dont like it, for UT anyways.

g$$
01-12-2007, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Yeah, it's Gooch. He's a good 3-star but with the talent we've got coming in Mack wanted him to greyshirt or something. Rumor is Mack's trying to make room for some more top-flight players like Scott, Cole, McKnight, Creer, etc.

Where's Gooch going now? A&M needs OL depth in the worst way. We hope to sign 4-5 next year from what I have read. Call it left-overs, whatever, A&M needs players.

Texas is after William Cole hard right now, as well as the others listed.

LitanyofFury
01-12-2007, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Where's Gooch going now? A&M needs OL depth in the worst way. We hope to sign 4-5 next year from what I have read. Call it left-overs, whatever, A&M needs players.

Texas is after William Cole hard right now, as well as the others listed.

He's a Red Raider all the way. Read an interview where he was ranting and raving about playing anywhere they wanted as long as he got on the field. Supposedly this is ALL about playing time. With Huey and Tray Allen and the other line prospects we have, Gooch, as good as he is, was doubtful to ever even see the field according to a lot of sources. So, word is Mack and the coaching staff were pushing him to go elsewhere which opens up another 'ship.

The Horns are after 3-4 big name guys and I'm guessing they'll land 2 or so of them. I hear Christian Scott has an excellent chance of being a Longhorn as well as Creer and that Cole and McKnight, while longshots, are still definitely possible. Tho McKnight wants Mack to offer him before he makes a visit and that's something Mack doesn't do. Hopefully Mack makes an exception considering how insanely freakishly good that kid is...

Funk-d-fied
01-12-2007, 09:00 AM
William Cole said after the Army All-American Game that he was going to go to a school where his teammates were going. So far he has 3 teammates going to Baylor and 1 to SMU. No other school has teammates from Cedar Hill committed.

TexanAlum_06
01-12-2007, 10:28 AM
He's a Red Raider all the way. Read an interview where he was ranting and raving about playing anywhere they wanted as long as he got on the field. Supposedly this is ALL about playing time. With Huey and Tray Allen and the other line prospects we have, Gooch, as good as he is, was doubtful to ever even see the field according to a lot of sources. So, word is Mack and the coaching staff were pushing him to go elsewhere which opens up another 'ship.

The Horns are after 3-4 big name guys and I'm guessing they'll land 2 or so of them. I hear Christian Scott has an excellent chance of being a Longhorn as well as Creer and that Cole and McKnight, while longshots, are still definitely possible. Tho McKnight wants Mack to offer him before he makes a visit and that's something Mack doesn't do. Hopefully Mack makes an exception considering how insanely freakishly good that kid is...

I agree with all the young talent Texas has coming in plus the guys they signed last year and the young guys like charlie tanner and chris hall. it would be a minumum of 3 years before he even sniffed the field. maybe longer. IDK something gives me a feeling we will lose another one or 2. I really hope we get christian scott. im just now realizing how good he is. I think he is already leaning toawrds UT but just wants to make his visit and check the place out before he goes public. it would be nice for joe mcknight to come to austin but i dont see it happening. I think he will end up at LSU over USC. Though I will say. if we can get him in for a visit, we just might pull it off..I never heard of Willie Cole until I saw him go 60 or so yards on the first play of the SC game and it opened my eyes and made me wonder immediately why I had never heard of this guy? and why texas wasnt after this guy. hes a great talent. It would o fbeen nice to get another DT commit in this class.

Phil C
01-12-2007, 11:08 AM
He is good but he was the one OL I would prefer us to lose.

TexanAlum_06
01-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
He is good but he was the one OL I would prefer us to lose.
Agreed

setxsports
01-12-2007, 12:15 PM

The Horns are after 3-4 big name guys and I'm guessing they'll land 2 or so of them. I hear Christian Scott has an excellent chance of being a Longhorn as well as Creer and that Cole and McKnight, while longshots, are still definitely possible. Tho McKnight wants Mack to offer him before he makes a visit and that's something Mack doesn't do. Hopefully Mack makes an exception considering how insanely freakishly good that kid is... He lives 5 houses down from me. Looks like TT

g$$
01-12-2007, 03:55 PM

Thanks for the info. I think Texas gets 2 of those listed above as well. Probably Scott & Creer, but who knows on Cole & McKnight. Cole has teammates visiting other schools like OK State. This time of year, things change quickly.

As good as Cole is with the ball, I think he can be an elite CB. He is just so fluid & has great hips. Great athlete no matter where you play him.

charlesrixey
01-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Cole has been all over the news up here in Dallas for most of the season