PDA

View Full Version : Who are the best quarterbacks out there?

coach'skid32
10-04-2002, 10:34 PM
OK guys, who are the best Q Bs in 3A ball right now?I know Stephen McGee has to be at the top of the list! Am I right?

Donkey41
10-04-2002, 10:41 PM
Not BRET HICKS don't even mention him!! He's in the top 5 in Region 4 but not in the state so don't even say his name.

TwoBRockin
10-04-2002, 10:51 PM
Ranked 28th in the nation for QB's, Future Texas Tech QB Phillip Daughtery of Bridgeport... Ahead of 32nd Drew Tate.

The One
10-04-2002, 10:53 PM
I agree Daughtery leads the list for 3A and probably for all classifications in the state.

District303aPastPlayer
10-04-2002, 11:29 PM
I say this every time, but dont forget about Alaniz in Sinton.

Donkey41
10-04-2002, 11:39 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
I say this every time, but dont forget about Alaniz in Sinton.I have to agree that Alaniz is one of the best

BportFan
10-05-2002, 12:12 AM
close call. daugherty has a very strong arm. can throw the deep out and deep crossing route with ease. he has not been throwing the deep post or go route very well. I think he is trying to throw the ball a little too hard on these routes. I think Alaniz is suppose to have great speed. how is his arm strength? he must be good to lead a team to the championship game.

slpybear the bullfan
10-05-2002, 11:17 AM
I always like to jump in here on these threads and mention our P. Daugherty and his great passing arm, but how about this for a question... "Who is the best RUNNING quarterback in State?"

I don't know much about this one. Any help out there?

The One
10-05-2002, 11:21 AM
I think there are alot of quality backs out there. Then you have your standouts, one were familar with would be Rex Harper for Kennedale. There is also the kid from Hillsboro (cant remember his name) and the Searcy kid from Gainesville would also be in that category.

sinton66
10-05-2002, 11:32 AM
Slpybear, that is an excellent question, football at this level isn't all about passing. I,of course, will admit to being somewhat biased, so it will come as no surprize when I offer Alaniz as an answer to your question. He is an excellent runner with very good speed. And here's another little tidbit, he's a very decent receiver also.
wink

bulldog65
10-05-2002, 11:39 AM
I won't say Michael Benton is the best, but he certainly deserves mention. Awesome speed, hands, and can read the defense on pitch outs. He also can throw the ball, but we rarely do.

sinton66
10-05-2002, 11:45 AM
I will agree, Benton is one of the better QB's in 3A. He impressed me a great deal in the final last year.

Colt42
10-05-2002, 11:52 AM
Stephen McGee has to be in the top 5 of the state

bulldog65
10-05-2002, 11:57 AM
Thanks 66, there is no question Adrian is one of the best QB's out there. P.D. has my vote for pure passing, (who can overlook those numbers?), but there are truly some great H.S. option QB's out there. It's a tough position to play, and intangibles like leadership and will to win are so important."Never,ever,ever, give up!"

sinton66
10-05-2002, 12:12 PM
Colt42:
Stephen McGee has to be in the top 5 of the stateI can and will agree to this statement, he is obviously a top level performer. I would rank him right about #4 in 3A. I think my main point is that to be a top level passer, you need a couple of top level receivers, so the passing game isn't a "solo" act by the QB. A "general" question about which is the top QB, must include things like leadership ability, competitive spirit, running ability, passing ability, and ability to "read" defenses as well as several other factors. wink

Donkey41
10-05-2002, 12:19 PM
slpybear the bullfan:
I always like to jump in here on these threads and mention our P. Daugherty and his great passing arm, but how about this for a question... "Who is the best RUNNING quarterback in State?"

I don't know much about this one. Any help out there?I'm going to be biased on this one because I haven't seen any stats to go against my judgement. Jake Robbins has over 500 yrds. rushing and about 500yrds. passing. To answer the question; he runs a 4.31 which allows him to beat most people in the open field. Now in my opinion he should be a running back and not a QB.

bigbullbacker
10-05-2002, 04:56 PM
I think Phillip Daughtery is top gun at least in these parts....He can run too!

c-town_balla
10-05-2002, 08:30 PM
Pittman - Cameron
over 700 yards rushing
over 700 yards passing
recruited by everyone
offers from everyone

jgbulldog
10-07-2002, 02:55 PM
Hey Donkey,
You are lying your ass off if you think Jake Robbins runs a 4.3. Ive seen him play, and he runs, maybe a 4.7. If he ran a 4.3, he'd be playing pro-ball. Dont get me wrong, he is good, and La Vernia is gonna kill Marion, but a 4.3?
Get Real!

Jimbotex40
10-07-2002, 05:16 PM
I think that Caleb Hanie from Forney is really good. He shows a lot of potential, and at 6'3" 200 and something pounds, he is a good prospect for colleges. He is a junior this year and has thrown pretty well for a running fball team. He's not afraid to lower his shoulder and send the middle LB flyin on his back either.

I havent seen the Wills Point QB play, but from his numbers, I'd say he's the best QB in the Dallas Area.

Donkey41
10-07-2002, 08:12 PM
jgbulldog:
Hey Donkey,
You are lying your ass off if you think Jake Robbins runs a 4.3. Ive seen him play, and he runs, maybe a 4.7. If he ran a 4.3, he'd be playing pro-ball. Dont get me wrong, he is good, and La Vernia is gonna kill Marion, but a 4.3?
Get Real!If you don't think he runs a 4.3 then ask him when you see him. I'm not lying, however this was on the track. on the field he runs about a 4.4. 4.7 give me a break. We have LB that run that fast.

WillsPointgradTJC
10-07-2002, 08:36 PM
Dont forget ol'Jake in Wills Point, he is not just one of the best QB's in the State but he is a leader and that is one of the most important things. Daughtery is one of the best to come along in a while but when the total yard and TD's come down at the end of the year dont be suprised when Jakes numbers compair