PDA

View Full Version : Bonham names new Coach

kenco13
01-11-2007, 11:32 PM
John Hall from Ft.Worth Western Hills HS has been named the new Head Coach at Bonham HS. Could be a lot of work to turn that program around. :doh: Wishing you the best of luck Coach Hall! LOL Kenco13

dogdad
01-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Bonham has always had fair to good talent
I'm not sure why they've not had many good years
Maybe it is attitude
Maybe it is something else
I've always been intrigued by Bonham
I think Bonham could be a good place for a coach if there are no forces of doom at play
Good luck to the new coach
The good folks in Bonham deserve some success in football

3afan
01-12-2007, 07:46 AM
COLDEST game I have ever experienced was Forney vs. Bonham in Mesquite in 1991 (I think) ... high that day was 25 and a fierce north wind. no one scored going into the wind the entire game, in fact i'm not sure anyone even crossed midfield going into the wind. I've still cold from sitting thru that one.

this was Forney's opening round playoff game and they were ranked #2 in 3A at the time behind SLC, who eventually eliminated Forney 20-7 in Forney's first ever playoff game in Texas Stadium. SLC went on to win state. Forney's QB was Clay Beason, an all-stater who is now a coach at DII Harding (Ark.).

The Texas Stadium game vs. SLC was also VERY memorable for Emerson - maybe he'll pass on the details !!!

Why the history lesson? why not ........

BILLYFRED0000
01-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
Bonham has always had fair to good talent
I'm not sure why they've not had many good years
Maybe it is attitude
Maybe it is something else
I've always been intrigued by Bonham
I think Bonham could be a good place for a coach if there are no forces of doom at play
Good luck to the new coach
The good folks in Bonham deserve some success in football

I think Bonham has attitude issues. Talented. We played them this year and they looked great till they started to play. They had size speed and some athletecism. Could not tackle at all. We basically were sleep walking thru the game so much so that I was afraid someone would get hurt. 58 - 0. I think they have the makins but can they fix heart.

charlesrixey
01-12-2007, 05:44 PM
no way that team was 8-3 returning something like 19 starters last season.

How could the same coach have it fall into 2-8?

Just shows you experience isn't everything