PDA

View Full Version : BIG 12 / PAC-10 MEN'S BASKETBALL SERIES (beginning next season.)..

g$$
01-11-2007, 08:54 PM
(from the Houston Chronicle)

Aggies to play Arizona in Big12-Pac-10 series

The Texas A&M Aggies will be a part of the Big 12-Pac-10 men's basketball series beginning next season both conferences announced today. The Aggies will travel to Tucson to take on the Arizona Wildcats on December 2nd. Also, the UT Longhorns will travel to Los Angeles to face UCLA on that same day.

It's the high-profile series the Big 12 coaches had been seeking. It's a four-year deal beginning next year with a slate of 10 games. Those same 10 teams will play again in 2008 as return games.

"I think it's fantastic," said A&M coach Billy Gillispie. "We had talked about it last year at the coaches' meetings and I guess they made it happen. "When we were in the Big Ten (as an assistant at Illinois), they had the ACC-Big Ten challenge and the exposure it brought to the league was fantastic and I'm sure it will be the same way here.

"I'm sure they have a great television situation worked out already. I know the Pac-10 is awfully good this year and I know they are going to be really good next year. I think our league is continuing to get better."

Of the matchups, the Aggies' game against the Wildcats seems to be one of the most intriguing considering the perennial powerhouse program Lute Olson has built in Arizona. But Gillispie would have you believe it's not a home-and-home he's looking forward to.

"I'm not all that excited about the opponent they put us against," Gillispie said. "I think it should be a lot fun and entertaining and highly competitive games."

BIG 12 / PAC-10 MEN'S BASKETBALL SERIES

Thursday, Nov. 29, 2007

Oregon at Kansas State / Oklahoma at USC

Friday, Nov. 30, 2007

Washington State at Baylor / Iowa State at Oregon State

Saturday, Dec. 1, 2007

Washington at Oklahoma State / Missouri at California

Sunday, Dec. 2, 2007

Arizona State at Nebraska / Stanford at Colorado / Texas at UCLA / Texas A&M at Arizona

Outside the 10-game series window:

Arizona at Kansas (Sun., Nov. 25, 2007)

Stanford vs. Texas Tech (Sat., Dec. 22, 2007)