PDA

View Full Version : Jasper's Marlon Cook

Bulldog Fan
11-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Will he play Friday night????

mechanic
11-27-2003, 08:49 PM
It was in the Jasper paper that he was out probably for thr rest of the season, plan B is in action!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bulldog Fan
11-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the info. Plan B will have to work. If the Bulldogs play with the determination and heart they showed against Waco they can go home proud.

j_dog
11-27-2003, 08:58 PM
That is not the greatest news, not for Jasper anyway. frown

J-town Hustler
11-27-2003, 08:59 PM
I thought his injury ended up just being a bruise.

bevo
11-27-2003, 09:55 PM
J-town Hustler:
I thought his injury ended up just being a bruise.This was my same understanding too...What's up???

Bulldog Fan
11-27-2003, 10:31 PM
J-town Hustler:
I thought his injury ended up just being a bruise.Where did you get your information? Did you hear this at school? Do you think it came from and accurate source?

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-27-2003, 10:39 PM
he will play friday night guys this is hear say.

bevo
11-27-2003, 10:48 PM
Bulldog Fan:

J-town Hustler:
I thought his injury ended up just being a bruise.Where did you get your information? Did you hear this at school? Do you think it came from and accurate source?
mechanic:
I am just back from the game also , I asked Doc Brown about Marlon walking out of the stadium and he said it was a bruised knee from being hit by a helmet. No tears or pulls but bruised and sore , said he should be ready by next week. Talk about cardiac kids, I had to take a nitro pill before heading home. One of the best games I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!! :D This is posted from mechanic after the game last Friday Night...So I too assumed that he would be ready this weekend... :confused:

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-27-2003, 10:54 PM
I work for a radio station that does a show called friday night maddness we talk about the area games an such around the state we called in to jasper isd to follow up on this an was talked by the had coach "other than a bruise he will be ready for next week"

mechanic
11-27-2003, 11:37 PM
Guys my original post was from me talking to dr. brown after the game, but who knows what may have been found latter, he was walking on it in the second half. Now for as to what I posted up above my wife read it in the Jasper paper,Quote (Cook is considered out for the Manor game, and for whatever remains of the football season) but who knows by game time he may be able to play , we will just have to see.

bevo
11-27-2003, 11:51 PM
mechanic:
Guys my original post was from me talking to dr. brown after the game, but who knows what may have been found latter, he was walking on it in the second half. Now for as to what I posted up above my wife read it in the Jasper paper,Quote (Cook is considered out for the Manor game, and for whatever remains of the football season) but who knows by game time he may be able to play , we will just have to see.Thanks for the clarification... :confused:

fred grunden
11-28-2003, 01:00 AM
I read the same thing in the paper. It is a disappointment for me because he is such an exciting player and definitely needed. Our coaches have had an excellant game plan going into every game this season and I am sure they will do a good job of preparing for Manor. Just wish we had Marlon.

BurnetBandRules
11-28-2003, 01:02 AM
Sounds like a greatly needed asset. But, I am sure that he ins't the "TEAM" so they can figure something out.

bevo
11-28-2003, 01:41 AM
BurnetBandRules:
Sounds like a greatly needed asset. But, I am sure that he ins't the "TEAM" so they can figure something out.True...Band student, one man doesn't make a "Team" as you put it. No one on here insinuated that he did. But let me put it into perspective. It's like you go with what and who got you there. Now Jasper is a young team in Jasper's standards, but yet a veteran team in the standards of others. Sure Coach Lauve will have a replacement...that is true. But It could take a full possession, half of the game or it could take the whole game before everyone is comfortable with the change. Hopefully the offense will not miss a beat. Sure the reps in practice will make a difference, but once the game starts, that will tell the tale of how that change will affect a unit...

Jasper definitely has the talent and depth to replace a position...but Marlon has been a big part of the offense this year. The Dogs did pull out the victory this last week without him in the line up late in the game. A great come from behind victory. I read a post earlier of the heart that these young men have played with this year. Realistically, no one was picking the dogs to go this far. It speaks volumes of what the coaching staff has done this year.

Good luck Bulldog fans and team on the road this weekend. Have a safe trip to and from the game.

Go Dogs!!!
...and Go Horns!!!