PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Football- 2007

Bullaholic
01-11-2007, 12:09 PM
How would you rank the Big 12 teams for 2007?

Here is the conference alphabetical listing:

Big 12 Schools

Baylor
Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech

kaorder1999
01-11-2007, 12:13 PM
1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas A&M
4. Texas Tech
5. Nebraska
6. Missouri
7. Iowa State
8. Colorado
9. Baylor
10. Oklahoma State
11. Kansas State
12. Kansas

Adidas410s
01-11-2007, 12:17 PM
1. Texas
2. Nebraska
3t. Texas A&M/Oklahoma
3t. Texas A&M/Oklahoma
5t. Texas Tech/Mizzou
5t. Texas Tech/Mizzou
7. Oklahoma State
8. Kansas State
9. Colorado
10. Baylor
11. Iowa State
12. Kansas

kaorder1999
01-11-2007, 12:20 PM
i selected Iowa State a little higer then I normally would solely because I think Chizic will do a good job there!

Adidas410s
01-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i selected Iowa State a little higer then I normally would solely because I think Chizic will do a good job there!
good point...I didn't think about that. :)

Phil C
01-11-2007, 12:45 PM
It should be an interesting season indeed.

crzyjournalist03
01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I think we should wait until the recruits sign their letters of intent before ranking them...with all the switching that's already gone on, it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of teams still gain or lose some big names.

injuredinmelee
01-11-2007, 01:08 PM
1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. Nebraska
4. Texas A&M
5. Texas Tech/ Okie St./ Aggies
6. Okie St. / Texas Tech/Aggies
7. Missou
8. Iowa State
9. Baylor
10. Kansas State
11. Colorado
12. Kansas

injuredinmelee
01-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Let it be known that the guy that finished almost DAL in the high school playoff contest, but the winner of a $465 dollar Bowl Pick em Contest has spoken.

big daddy russ
01-11-2007, 03:01 PM
1. Texas
2. OU
3. OSU (Best team nobody's seen... They return the house)
4. Nebraska (A ton of talent at RB, and former All-PAC-10 QB Sam Keller takes over the reigns for Zac Taylor)
5. Texas Tech
6. Kansas State (They'll make a run at the North crown with Freeman alone)
7. Mizzou
8. Texas A&M (Fran's been good in even-numbered years, horrible in odd-numbered years... McGee won't let them slide too much, but I'm expecting a .500 season)
9. Iowa State (There's some speed on that defense... Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that helped Chizik's decision to move to Ames... Could have them making a run at Nebraska by the end of the year)
10. Colorado (Year two of Hawkins regime... He may have completely turned the program inside-out last year, but we'll start seeing some results in '07... Although he doesn't have the personnel to run the offense he did at Boise, the rush defense will again be great and the offense will be improved if Bernard Jackson can make strides with his decision-making and understanding of the system... Expect a 5- or maybe even 6-win season out of the Buffs)
11. Kansas (A well-coached team that just doesn't have the talent to stack up against the big boys... How will they replace RB Jon Cornish?... Still, could shock one of the top six...)
12. Baylor (A team that was on the rise, then backpedaled some, and is now looking two to three years down the road to make a move... After Kinne and Buchanon decommitted, Jeremy Sanders got busted and everything that could go wrong in '06 did, there turns out to be a couple of bright spots... Freshman signal-caller Blake Szymanski got all the reps after Shawn Bell went down and showed that he could make things happen with his feet, and a young team took some lumps and made some strides... Unfortunately, the team gets younger next year, so expect them to finish last in the Big XII South despite the progress that Guy Morriss really has made)

Bullaholic
01-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
1. Texas
2. OU
4. Nebraska (A ton of talent at RB, and former All-PAC-10 QB Sam Keller takes over the reigns for Zac Taylor)
5. Texas Tech
7. Mizzou
8. Texas A&M (Fran's been good in even-numbered years, horrible in odd-numbered years... McGee won't let them slide too much, but I'm expecting a .500 season)
9. Iowa State (There's some speed on that defense... Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that helped Chizik's decision to move to Ames... Could have them making a run at Nebraska by the end of the year)
10. Colorado (Year two of Hawkins regime... He may have completely turned the program inside-out last year, but we'll start seeing some results in '07... Although he doesn't have the personnel to run the offense he did at Boise, the rush defense will again be great and the offense will be improved if Bernard Jackson can make strides with his decision-making and understanding of the system... Expect a 5- or maybe even 6-win season out of the Buffs)
11. Kansas (A well-coached team that just doesn't have the talent to stack up against the big boys... How will they replace RB Jon Cornish?... Still, could shock one of the top six...)
12. Baylor (A team that was on the rise, then backpedaled some, and is now looking two to three years down the road to make a move... After Kinne and Buchanon decommitted, Jeremy Sanders got busted and everything that could go wrong in '06 did, there turns out to be a couple of bright spots... Freshman signal-caller Blake Szymanski got all the reps after Shawn Bell went down and showed that he could make things happen with his feet, and a young team took some lumps and made some strides... Unfortunately, the team gets younger next year, so expect them to finish last in the Big XII South despite the progress that Guy Morriss really has made)

Nice analysis, Russs---I'm sure you'll get some discussion. Where is KTJ when you need him?

TexanAlum_06
01-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
1. Texas
2. OU
5. Texas Tech
7. Mizzou

Well said. I agree with evrerything said. OSU will be the surprise team next year and IMO will be in a position to win the south If they knock off UT or OU. A&M could easily be higher if they make it through their brutal road schedule with only a loss or 2. But we shall see. Tech will probably have a better year. probably a 3 or 4 loss season, maybe less. you can never garuntee anything with them except that you can bet they will come into austin and give texas a run for their money. they have done it 4 years in a row now. Kstate will be the sleeper in the north. but im still not totally sold on Freeman yet. Because nobody was really talking about him until he engineered the upset of Texas. then people started jumping on his bandwagon. So we shall see how he has improved. Overall I think the Big 12 will return to form and "COULD" be one of the toughest conferences in the nation. Behind the SEC of course.

AggieJohn
01-11-2007, 04:49 PM
1. Texas
2. Texas A&M
3. Nebraksa
4. Mizzou
5. OU
6. Kansas
7. Texas Tech
8. Iowa State
9. OSU
10. Baylor
11. Colorado
12. K-state

sahen
01-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Baylor will be last....we lose a ton of starters from this year and our recruiting class is shrinking along with our coaching staff....after next year morriss will be gone which i dont necessarily think is right but thats what the administration is gonna do barring a miracle coaching job by him next year...

AggieJohn
01-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Baylor will be last....we lose a ton of starters from this year and our recruiting class is shrinking along with our coaching staff....after next year morriss will be gone which i dont necessarily think is right but thats what the administration is gonna do barring a miracle coaching job by him next year... I know, I though Ginne would seriously stick with yall....

Phil C
01-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Don't forget Baylor has Bill Bradley coaching that defense. That increases the risk. Baylor will be tough. They almost beat UT in 1963 when they played us. That was UT's first MNC.

sahen
01-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
I know, I though Ginne would seriously stick with yall....
I am learning more and more why Baylor doesnt get good at football, there is too many idiots running things at Baylor who have more money than they have sense..Other sports don't take the money/dedication to be good at so we can do fine in those, football is pretty questionable at this time in my opinion....

sahen
01-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Don't forget Baylor has Bill Bradley coaching that defense. That increases the risk. Baylor will be tough. They almost beat UT in 1963 when they played us. That was UT's first MNC.
Bill Bradley is a good coach but his defense sucked last year, he needs players to work his schemes just like any other coach....

gtownpoke
01-11-2007, 06:53 PM
we return a ton of our team and everything looks optimistic but our schedule is brutal. our 4 non conference games are @georgia, sam houston state, @troy, florida atlantic, Texas Tech, Kansas, Kansas State, @Nebraska, @A&M, Texas, @Baylor, OU. Thats not in the right order but probably somewhat close.