PDA

View Full Version : Exercise Equipment (not exacty sports)

CenTexSports
01-11-2007, 11:14 AM
My wife is taking medication that keeps her from getting her allergy shots so she said she needed to be able to exercise inside. To this end she wanted a treadmill. I finally agreed to get one and I decided to get one that might make her feel guilty enough to use it. (NOTE: over the years we have had exercise trampoline, indoor and outdor bicylcles, nordic track ski trainer, a total gym, rowing machine, weights, and probably more, none of which were used more than a couple of months). Any way the new treadmill is a Nordic Track that has a 7" LCD cable ready TV, a MP3 hookup, stereo speakers, a progammable card for workouts, a fan and one touch control for speed and incline.

My questions:

1) How long should I expect her to use it?

2) Do others have the same problem with using this type of equipment at home?

CHS_CG
01-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
My wife is taking medication that keeps her from getting her allergy shots so she said she needed to be able to exercise inside. To this end she wanted a treadmill. I finally agreed to get one and I decided to get one that might make her feel guilty enough to use it. (NOTE: over the years we have had exercise trampoline, indoor and outdor bicylcles, nordic track ski trainer, a total gym, rowing machine, weights, and probably more, none of which were used more than a couple of months). Any way the new treadmill is a Nordic Track that has a 7" LCD cable ready TV, a MP3 hookup, stereo speakers, a progammable card for workouts, a fan and one touch control for speed and incline.

My questions:

1) How long should I expect her to use it?

2) Do others have the same problem with using this type of equipment at home?

2 months top... sounds like you guys have a running thing goin... and i dont have any stuff at home but i joined a gym last month and i was goin 3 or 4 times a week then i got bronchitis again and i havent gone in 2 weeks.. i really dunno if i wanna go again lol

wedo
01-11-2007, 01:23 PM
I work at a gym and there are so many people that sign up and never work out. For the most part from what i have seen people get shy working out in front of others, they think that people are looking at them and don't come in. As for me i couldn't motivate myselfe enough to work out at home, i would never get anything done, so i have to go to the gym.

I say 6 Weeks!

rundoe
01-11-2007, 01:33 PM
2 weeks max. It'll either wind up collecting cobwebs or become a place to hang clothes purses, and loose papers. (lots of experience here)

Did you know that most pawn shops will not even touch used exercise equipment, lol.

Donate it to your football team.

Lots of experience in this area.

stxfootballfan
01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
I hate treadmills but I really enjoy using my elliptical.:thumbsup:
Its got to be the best cardio machine ever made!