PDA

View Full Version : #1

3Aroy
10-08-2001, 07:50 PM
I haven't been able to get on here latley because of computer problems! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/frown.gif

After these past two weeks, I feel that Newton is the best team in 3A this year. They have played two 4A schools who are VERY good. They beat Ozen who should go about 4 rounds deep, and Jasper beat them in a nail biter. Jasper could win it all in 4A this year. They have an awesome offense, but Newton's defense that averages about a 4.6 speed dominated in the second half only allowing 6 points. I feel Newton has THE best defense in 3A this year. "Defense wins championships." Due to coaching and a great defense, Newton almost beat one of the best teams in 4A. I look forward to Bridge City v Newton. It will be a classic!

southeastfootball
10-08-2001, 10:24 PM
I agree that newton is a great team with a very exceptional defense but i will have to say the most impressive defense so far is rice consalidated

BigTwanky
10-08-2001, 10:40 PM
Rice consolidated has played scrubs though, just people that seem to make them look really good. They havent played anyone like Newton has in pre-season.

Specklebelly
10-08-2001, 11:22 PM
Rice held the Hitchcock offense to 110 yards and 8 points two weeks ago. Those 8 points and 44 yards came on a fake punt. This is the same offense that this week hung 33 points on a Sealy team that beat La Grange. They get another high powered offense in Wharton this week. We'll see how they do against them. True they havent played the non-district schedule that Newton did but dont try to take anything away from their D.