PDA

View Full Version : NFL Hall Of Fame is a joke

Jason1725
01-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Someone please tell me what the NFL Hall Of Fame is smoking? How in the world could they snub Dermontti Dawson again? For the second year in a row he was snubbed from the final 17. I have never seen a Center as good as him. Whether you hate the Steelers are not for 10-years he was the best at his position and some could argue the best ever. I have never seen a center that could pull or was as fast and strong as Dirt Dawson. He would consistently get to the 2nd and 3rd levels making huge holes along the way. Should he be punished because his teams never won a Super Bowl? Or because the Steelers already have so many players in there? If Dirt Dawson had played for the worst team in the league he should still make the Hall Of Fame, he was that good. I know lineman are not that high profile but with out them what can you do? They are that important, Dawson was one of the main reasons Bam Morris was the leading rusher in Super Bowl XXX. If not for O'Donnell the Steelers would have had one of the biggest upsets in NFL history that day. There are some good players on that list but none was as dominate or the best at their position like Dawson. The Hall Of Fame is a joke.

burnet44
01-11-2007, 01:26 AM
best centers ever

Mel Hein (C) 1931-1945
George Trafton (C) 1920-1921, 1923-1932
Clyde (Bulldog) Turner (C) 1940-1952
Alex Wojciechowicz (C) 1938-1950
Chuck Bednarik (C-LB) 1949-1962
Frank Gatski (C) 1946-1957
Jim Langer (C) 1970-1981
Jim Otto (C) 1960-1974
Jim Ringo (C) 1953-1967
Dwight Stephenson (C) 1980-1987
Mike Webster (C) 1974-1990

g$$
01-11-2007, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Jason1725
Someone please tell me what the NFL Hall Of Fame is smoking? How in the world could they snub Dermontti Dawson again? For the second year in a row he was snubbed from the final 17. I have never seen a Center as good as him. Whether you hate the Steelers are not for 10-years he was the best at his position and some could argue the best ever. I have never seen a center that could pull or was as fast and strong as Dirt Dawson. He would consistently get to the 2nd and 3rd levels making huge holes along the way. Should he be punished because his teams never won a Super Bowl? Or because the Steelers already have so many players in there? If Dirt Dawson had played for the worst team in the league he should still make the Hall Of Fame, he was that good. I know lineman are not that high profile but with out them what can you do? They are that important, Dawson was one of the main reasons Bam Morris was the leading rusher in Super Bowl XXX. If not for O'Donnell the Steelers would have had one of the biggest upsets in NFL history that day. There are some good players on that list but none was as dominate or the best at their position like Dawson. The Hall Of Fame is a joke.

Not disagreeing with you on Dawson, but Bruce Matthews is a 1st ballot HOF (in final 17 & will make it this year). He played every position on the line & made All-Pro 10+ times. Never missed a game either. He is certainly deserving. Tremendous athlete & great genes. Brother Clay & his dad were good too.

Bruce is now coaching at Elkins HS here in Sugar Land, & his son Kevin plays at A&M. Saw Bruce a while back, & he is a hulk of a man. Not fat either, just big like a refrigerator. Has a BUNCH of kids & lives out on Oilfield Road off Hwy 6.

Dawson IMO is hurt by longevity needed by OL (relatively speaking for OL). He got hurt & it shortened a great career.