PDA

View Full Version : What did Ryan Perilloux do now?...(merged)

g$$
01-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Just heard on the radio that he got into more trouble, even was about to be arrested in Baton Rouge. Anyone know the story?

Guy is trouble. Bet UT fans are glad he decommitted a few years back. Good riddance & he was about to get his chance to replace Russell (but Flynn is pretty good too).

Phil C
01-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I think it was just a speeding ticket.

eagles_victory
01-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Just heard on the radio that he got into more trouble, even was about to be arrested in Baton Rouge. Anyone know the story?

Guy is trouble. Bet UT fans are glad he decommitted a few years back. Good riddance & he was about to get his chance to replace Russell (but Flynn is pretty good too). heard on espn it was flynns job to lose

g$$
01-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
heard on espn it was flynns job to lose

Sure it is, Flynn has done well when given a chance. Texas boy too I believe.

g$$
01-10-2007, 05:51 PM
From an LSU fan on www.scout.com (so take fwiw):

"A source has told me that RP will be kicked out of school for several things. I hate to hear this because I think he is the better QB. And I think he would bring a NC to LSU.

Identity Theft
Something about checks
Accepting money

If these are true, there could be some trouble in Baton Rouge."

Emerson1
01-10-2007, 06:20 PM
I saw on orangebloods he was arrested for check fraud or something.

LitanyofFury
01-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Credit card fraud. Everyone on OB is having a nice laugh. Really glad the Horns didn't get this guy.

g$$
01-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Credit card fraud. Everyone on OB is having a nice laugh. Really glad the Horns didn't get this guy.

But y'all were sure MAD 2 years ago at him. Times have changed.

LitanyofFury
01-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by g$$
But y'all were sure MAD 2 years ago at him. Times have changed.

Of course we were. The guys said he wanted to come to UT and then actively recruited against us when he knew he was going to LSU. At that point we didn't want him and I guess it's a good thing we didn't get him. I really don't get your point.....

LitanyofFury
01-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Q: Is there any pressure from local fans to attend the in-state school, LSU?

Perrilloux: It’s not a big impact. They’re pretty much happy for me since I’m a Louisiana person and I’m doing good.
8/26/04

Q: You’ve mentioned that you were very solid in your commitment to Texas and that you would only reconsider if something drastic happened. Have you had any second thoughts since the commitment or has it grown more solid? What type of drastic things could make you rethink the commitment?

Perrilloux: My commitment is definitely solid. I’m not second-guessing it at all. When I say drastic, something completely out of the ordinary would have to happen. Something that I never expected.
8/26/04
Quote:
Q: On the talk that he may be considering switching his commitment from Texas to LSU:

Perrilloux: My thoughts on the rumors are that they’re not true. I’m still pretty solid with Texas. I’m just waiting it out until signing day.
12/1/04
Quote:
12/12/04:
“They [parents] thought everything was really nice. The loved it a lot,” said Perrilloux. “But they’ve always really liked Texas. All of this just firmed up my commitment even more. . . . I’m 100 percent now,” said Perrilloux. “I know those other schools are going to still try to recruit me, but I’m going to Texas. They can try but I’m going.”

“It was the players. I was cool with all of them, they all seemed to like me, and everywhere I went they kept saying ‘oh you’re our new quarterback,’” Perrilloux said. “I’d just be a big name at Texas and it’s the perfect situation for me. . . .”

Perrilloux said he really hit it off with Jamaal Charles, and the thought of lining up in the same backfield as the Port Arthur Memorial running back is another reason that Texas has solidified it’s hold on Perrilloux’s commitment. “The thought of playing with him, (wide receiver) Nate Jones and the good receivers they have, the good coaching staff, Texas is the perfect school for any player at my position,” he said.

Perrilloux said he is still planning to make a January 28 visit to LSU, but he was unsure if he would take any other trips.

“They’re cool with it,” Perrilloux said when asked if he talked to the UT coaches about other visits. “They know I’m solid and I’m not going to change.”
Quote:
12/23/04:
What would one of the four schools that he's visiting have to show to win Perrilloux over and get him to switch from his commitment to Texas?

"Oh, nobody can overtake Texas," he said.
Quote:
That same evening, Texas assistant coach Michael Haywood accepted the offensive coordinator job at Notre Dame. This occurred a week after Haywood told Perrilloux and his family that he'd never leave Austin, prompting Phillip to say his stepson "doesn't owe Mack Brown a thing.".
Quote:
1/1/05:
"Everything is still the same," Perrilloux said. "I'm still a solid commitment to Texas. It's my school. That's exactly what I told Coach Davis, too."

So, what would it take for Perrilloux to waiver on his commitment? Would it simply take some program to blow him away with their complete presentation - from the depth chart all the way down to the campus?

""Yeah, that's how I would describe it," Perrilloux said. "It would take someone doing that to make me change my mind and nothing like that has happened yet."

Not even the visit with Coach Miles?

"He's a nice guy. He's alright," Perrilloux said. "I wouldn't say I was blown away. Impressed? Yes. But, I wasn't blown away. But, he does have an in-home visit coming up so he'll have another chance."
Quote:
1/12/05:
"They don't have anything to worry about. I'm a firm commitment to Texas," Perrilloux said during a break between practices. "They should see me in the summertime. . . It's a 0.1 percent chance that I won't go to Texas," he said. "Texas is my school and I've been committed to them since the summertime. I enjoy going to Austin. I'm really good friends with all the coaches, all the players. They don't have anything to worry about. Texas is where I'm going to be at."
Quote:
1/20/05:
Q: On the recent speculation that LSU might have jumped into the driver's seat:

Coach Dautrive: I think there's some validity to that. I really do. What I'm going to ask Ryan to do … I like Les Miles and I just met him. I've known Mack Brown for 20 years and Greg Davis for 30 years … I think Ryan needs to do something by Monday or Tuesday. He doesn't need to tell LSU or Texas on signing day, he needs to tell them sooner to let them have a plan where they can get somebody else or whatever. Greg Davis wants to come in here next week and show him how to fill out scholarship papers and those types of things, but he doesn't want to make that trip if he doesn't have a chance to get the kid.But this is the same thing that I told Les Miles and it's the same thing I told Mack Brown … Ryan Perrilloux has never told me that he's not going to Texas. He keeps telling me that's where he's going and he keeps doing the hook 'em Horns sign.
Quote:
1/28/05:
On Monday, Texas offensive coordinator Greg Davis visited with the quarterback in Louisiana and detailed how to fill out the necessary scholarship papers to Texas. During that meeting, East St. John Coach Larry Dauterive said, Perrilloux showed no signs of doubt.

"He was in here with Greg Davis and told Greg Davis he was going to Texas, and he told Mack Brown on the phone that he was going to Texas," Dauterive said.
Quote:
Its now January 31, 2005. Martellus Bennett is trying to pry his superglued fingers apart with threats and rhymes while trying to make an authentic "SLU-Tecksas" coin. A text message from Perrilloux comes to his cellphone which Rivals.com's Bobby Burton sees. It is masterfully phrased:
"LSU. Holler"
Lest there be any confusion, Bennett later confirmed that Perrilloux had been recruiting him to LSU.

With a degree of self-sabotaging incompetence rarely seen outside the world of cartoon violence, Perrilloux of came out of the box in hour #1 directly blasting new future teammates:
"JaMarcus Russell struggled last year, and Matt Flynn is definitely not a better quarterback than me. It's just a perfect opportunity."
After answering questions in what he considered to be an expert-like fashion, Perrilloux literally channelled Freddie Boom Boom Washington:
"I'm just natural like that, man," Perrilloux said while posing for a picture, holding a small child. "Notice the way it came out all smooth? I'm naturally smooth with the words."
Not that this was necessary, but Perrilloux then shamelessly confirmed that he had been recruiting against Texas for LSU:
He says, [regarding RJ Jackson and Brandon LaFell] "I got two, so I feel like I achieved something."

Bobby Burton (head of Rivals.com): "If anybody has heard me in Austin or elsewhere today on the radio, they know what I think of this situation. I've never seen anything like it in my 13 years doing this. It was just one bold-faced lie after another."

Tom Lemming (head of ESPN recruiting):"I told Rayn down in San An that I wasn't in favor of the way he was handling things. I think that when you give your word to someone -- you should keep it. That's the most important thing in the recruiting process. Ryan obviously had no intentions of keeping it and now Texas is the worst for it all."
Quote:
Q: Do you feel that Ryan and your family was up front with the Texas coaches during recruiting?

Breaux: “Ah, yes, the whole time we were.”

Q: So does that mean Ryan and your family were telling Texas the whole time about the possibility of looking at LSU?

Breaux: “We didn’t say that. We didn’t put LSU no way in the picture.”
Quote:
Q: Are you saying that the offensive system at Texas wouldn’t be able to showcase Ryan’s abilities as well as other schools?

Breaux: “It was going to take too long. Being backup and behind Vince Young, I don’t think it was going to work, because Ryan want to get in all the time. He’s never been a backup quarterback since he was 7 years old. I don’t think him becoming a backup after 11 years is a good idea and that’s not what he’d want to do. I don’t think he should sit there as a freshman in my opinion.”
Quote:
Breax: We know Ryan can give Vince or any quarterback in the country a run for their money. The guy at USC (Matt Leinhart), he would give him a run for his money. Ryan is one of the most accurate passers there is in the country.
Quote:
"I want to go in and throw for about 1,500 yards, maybe 2,000, and rush for 700, maybe 1,000," Perrilloux said. "With the great defense and the offense, I could definitely be a Heisman winner next year or at least a candidate."
Quote:
Top recruit to LSU
Thursday, February 03, 2005
By NEAL McCREADY
Sports Reporter
Batesville, Miss., cornerback Derek Pegues, No. 8 on the Mobile Register's Super Southeast 120, pulled off a shocker early Wednesday when he signed with Mississippi State.

Minutes after faxing his paperwork to Starkville, Pegues asked a reporter if LaPlace, La., quarterback Ryan Perrilloux had made his decision official yet. Pegues said he had gotten a call from Perrilloux on Sunday informing him that he was plan ning to sign with Mississippi State.

Pegues soon found out that Perrilloux, the No. 1-ranked player on the Register's top 120, had spurned the Bulldogs and Texas and signed with LSU
Quote:
As a twisted memento, the family intends to keep the bags full of opened and unopened letters. . . ."I'm missing it already," Perrilloux said. "I wish I could take another week just to mess around a little longer."

Emerson1
01-10-2007, 07:19 PM
So he went from sitting 1 year under Vince Young and winning the national championship, to never seeing a meaningful down in college football.

Who is the Breaux guy? I never saw him introduced.

Emerson1
01-10-2007, 07:30 PM
/

g$$
01-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Of course we were. The guys said he wanted to come to UT and then actively recruited against us when he knew he was going to LSU. At that point we didn't want him and I guess it's a good thing we didn't get him. I really don't get your point.....

Not a point LOF, just messing around. But decommits are part of the business. Just like Kinne spurned Baylor to come to Texas.

No doubt RP is a worthless human being.

Emerson1
01-10-2007, 07:47 PM
GJ's situation is a little different. It wasn't a few weeks before signing day.

and did you read the last section of the article?

g$$
01-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
GJ's situation is a little different. It wasn't a few weeks before signing day.

and did you read the last section of the article?

Dude, I am NOT defending RP. He is classless then & now.

But, decommits are part of the business unfortunately. They happen all the time in recruiting. Goes with the territory in this era of early committing.

Kinne decommitted last week. That would make it about 5 weeks before Signing Day, right? He has not been a jerk about it, but still a decommit a few weeks before NSD on Feb. 7th.

AggieJohn
01-10-2007, 08:56 PM
as a texan this makes me wanna kick his a$$

mwynn05
01-10-2007, 09:56 PM
I heard on it was a counterfitting ring yesterday but that was very preliminary rumor and i havent kept up with it since

$cooter!
01-10-2007, 11:47 PM
I have heard the same exact thing

AggieJohn
01-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Not a point LOF, just messing around. But decommits are part of the business. Just like Kinne spurned Baylor to come to Texas.

No doubt RP is a worthless human being. i really wish their was a way to hold commits

18handicap
01-11-2007, 06:56 AM
Looks like he learned to decommit from the former unnamed LSU coach.

I haven't heard of this one yet, but I'm been very busy getting ready for our softball coaches clinic this weekend. I'll look into it from my sources in BR.

I was ready for Matt Flynn to start anyway.

Geaux!

18handicap
01-11-2007, 07:02 AM
Here's a link to an article in today's Baton Rouge Advocate

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/featured/5154047.html

g$$
01-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Looks like he learned to decommit from the former unnamed LSU coach.

I haven't heard of this one yet, but I'm been very busy getting ready for our softball coaches clinic this weekend. I'll look into it from my sources in BR.

I was ready for Matt Flynn to start anyway.

Geaux!

I like Flynn too. You mean Saban does not always come clean? He tried to blame the media for asking him questions about the Bama job! I read an article from Miami where some of his former co-workers said he was hard to deal with on a daily basis. One lady simply told him "nice haircut" one day in the office & she was reprimanded for "speaking to Coach Saban". He sounds like a real horse's rear! But a very rich one I guess.

BTW, John Brady looks like he could die at any minute. He is slimy, very shady it appears. And his team is underachieving big-time. I know he frustrates you for good reason.

Phil C
01-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by g$$
From an LSU fan on www.scout.com (so take fwiw):

"A source has told me that RP will be kicked out of school for several things. I hate to hear this because I think he is the better QB. And I think he would bring a NC to LSU.

Identity Theft
Something about checks
Accepting money

If these are true, there could be some trouble in Baton Rouge."

That would be a shame expecially over something minor like those things. :(

g$$
01-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
That would be a shame expecially over something minor like those things. :(

Nice tongue in cheek Phil. Nice!

Funk-d-fied
01-11-2007, 02:20 PM
http://www.wwl.com/Article.asp?id=331868&spid=

Adidas410s
01-11-2007, 02:24 PM

themsu97
01-11-2007, 02:46 PM
it is Baton Rouge... I used to work for a guy who went there and he is weird... he is a dirt waterer... heck, he even made me into a dirt waterer... dang voodoo or something... but his magic did not work on everyone... Panch wanted to be skinny and the reverse happened...
18 is from da debbil

TexanAlum_06
01-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
as a texan this makes me wanna kick his a$$

Couldnt of been said any better! :clap: :clap: :clap:

18handicap
01-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Go water some mud!! lol

football4life
01-12-2007, 01:17 AM
i didn't realize how much of a jack@$$ this kid is. reading his quotes from the recruiting is disgusting.

$cooter!
01-12-2007, 02:09 AM
exactly why he is in the position he is in. Karma is a .........well you know the rest. :D

18handicap
01-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Just think MSU, you became a dirt waterer for free!! Wow, hope panch doesn't get ahold of that -- a volunteer dirt waterer, and dang good one too!!!!

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 08:57 PM
wouldn't it be great if perilloux tried to go to MSU now?

Emerson1
01-15-2007, 09:15 PM
He will probably pull a Clarret and Mike Williams and try to go to the NFL. After all he did win the heisman his freshman year.

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He will probably pull a Clarret and Mike Williams and try to go to the NFL. After all he did win the heisman his freshman year.

:D

Crow22
01-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Romance Taylor, Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, Terrell Brown...

But RP's a thug.

If he HAD gone to Texas, the Horn fans would be supporting him. Hypocrisy at its best.

.....and I'm completely UN-biased here. SFA grad...

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Crow22

But RP's a thug.

If he HAD gone to Texas, the Horn fans would be supporting him. Hypocrisy at its best.

I never said taylor, williams or Brown were pillars of society

i wanted Brown and Taylor gone for the season after their issues

JakefootballGOD
01-16-2007, 04:08 AM
u wanted them gone...i bet you were saying that when OSU were shreading the secondary....LOL

Longhorn and aggie fans are the most one minded people on the face of the earth.,...everyone makes mistakes

were not even going to metion all the people from both schools that have gotten in trouble, and still got to play...come on guys, get off of his boys...

RP, prally wont even get to see the field ever at LSU, becuase the kid from brenham will over take his job as a soph when RP will be a senior...

GET OVER IT!!!!!

LitanyofFury
01-16-2007, 04:58 AM

But RP's a thug.

And you act like UT is the only school with kids who have problems.....

Also, last time I checked. . .other than maybe Ramonce. . .none of those kids were up for FELONY charges like P-loo. Please don't compare conterfeiting to smoking some ganja or carrying a LICENSED gun. . .

And just so ya know, most Horn fans were sad to see Ramonce go but glad because he obviously was a detriment to the team and hurt the Horns image.

Phil C
01-16-2007, 09:10 AM

But RP's a thug.

Stop Crowing Crow!

:D

Phil C
01-16-2007, 09:11 AM

But RP's a thug.

And JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED!! :)

JakefootballGOD
01-16-2007, 03:17 PM
correct...

Phil C
01-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD

Longhorn and aggie fans are the most one minded people on the face of the earth.,...everyone makes mistakes

were not even going to metion all the people from both schools that have gotten in trouble, and still got to play...come on guys, get off of his boys...

Present company excepted of course. :confused: