PDA

View Full Version : Wines

Bullaholic
01-10-2007, 05:06 PM
OMG, I know my man card is lost forever for this thread.....but does anyone else enjoy a glass of wine with a good meal. I'm a real "woman" when it comes to wine----I like only white wines like Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, or White Zinfandel. I'm out of the "closet"---so flame away. :D I bet we got some real wine connoisseurs out there.

BTW--a block of really good cheese with a good wine is most enjoyable.

Adidas410s
01-10-2007, 05:10 PM
I'll raise my hand too!!! Nothing like a good bottle of wine with a home cooked meal. I'm partial to reds and italian foods...though I'm trying to expand my horzions in the white wine world as well when the food is appropriate. For me...there's nothing like a glass of pinot noir though a good, young cab that still has a hint of mint and/or juniper can also do the trick! :)

Now I can't lie...I've been working on making "the perfect martini" for a few weeks now so that has drawn my attention, temporarily at least, away from furthing my palette and love of wine.

AggieJohn
01-10-2007, 05:10 PM
http://www.shiner.com/images/Shiner-index.gif
and man card, now, give it

Bullaholic
01-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
http://www.shiner.com/images/Shiner-index.gif
and man card, now, give it

You are a philistine, AJ. :D

AggieJohn
01-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You are a philistine, AJ. :D i'm a keeper of the square table....my friend....a provoker of the mojo......the deliver of testosterone...

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I like wine, I drink alot of beer don't get me wrong but I've drank a few glasses of Sangria from time to time.

Bullaholic
01-10-2007, 05:30 PM
i'm a keeper of the square table....my friend....a provoker of the mojo......the deliver of testosterone...

Nice try, AJ...:D

pirate4state
01-10-2007, 05:33 PM
OMG, I know my man card is lost forever for this thread.....but does anyone else enjoy a glass of wine with a good meal. I'm a real "woman" when it comes to wine----I like only white wines like Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, or White Zinfandel. I'm out of the "closet"---so flame away. :D I bet we got some real wine connoisseurs out there.

I don't like wine. I've tried to drink it and it is just "blah" to me. My boss makes some homemade wines that are okay for just a sip or two. I'm just not that big of a drinker.

When I do drink I don't think I have more than 2 or 3 glasses of whatever I'm having.

Maroon87
01-10-2007, 05:34 PM
I'll have wine occassionally, but I'm a beer man all the way.:D

Blastoderm55
01-10-2007, 05:40 PM
My favorite wine. :D (http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/cat_steve_dont_eat_it.php)

Scroll down to "Prison Wine," also, feel free to check out the other delicacies. :cool:

Tx Challenge
01-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I enjoy red wines. Not afraid to admit it. Nothing like a Pinot Nior. It is my favorite by far but enjoy certain Merlots and Cabs as well.

Wine is like anything else. It takes a while to develop a taste for and finding the ones that appeal to your preference. There are several ones that I try to keep on hand at all times.

pirate4state
01-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
My favorite wine. :D (http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/cat_steve_dont_eat_it.php)

Scroll down to "Prison Wine," also, feel free to check out the other delicacies. :cool:

:eek: :eek: ewwwww :doh:

BreckTxLonghorn
01-10-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm becoming a wine addict, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I live by Grapevine Market in Austin, which has close to 5000 different wines, and its on the way home from work, so I usually drop by once or twice a week and buy a cheap to mid range bottle. I love cabs, though a good chiraz/sirah (sp?) works as well. Not a huge white fan--I got off that kick a couple years ago, though I like a good pinot grigio every once in a while, and I'll have chardonnay when my girlfriend buys it.

I'm trying to start with the Texas wines, and I know Rising Star and Wichita Falls has a winery. Has anybody tried these or have any suggestions? I want to do small and/or West Texas wines before I go to the Austin area.

AggieJohn
01-10-2007, 06:05 PM
while we are revealing our secret drinking indulgences, i should tell yall that i'm in love with Smirnoff grape

Blastoderm55
01-10-2007, 06:07 PM
while we are revealing our secret drinking indulgences, i should tell yall that i'm in love with Smirnoff grape

I didn't like the grape very much. Original and Rasberry are my faves. You should give Parrot Bay and Mike's a go too. Very tasty stuff.

olddawggreen
01-10-2007, 07:16 PM

I'm right there with you friend. I like a good Riesling or Zinfandel, even enjoy a good Red Rose. If I have to settle for a dry wine, I'd just as soon have a good Johnny Black and water.:D
Nothing like a good wine and chhese dinner every now and then.;) I also make a mean picture of Sangria too.:devil:

luvhoops34
01-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I love a good Riesling or Zinfandel. Not much on red wines. :)

Adidas410s
01-10-2007, 07:52 PM

You may now turn in YOUR man card!

necks_c/09
01-10-2007, 09:19 PM
wine is for lightweights......:D

ill take some bacardi 151w/ sprite

and maybe some crown and coke

(i dont drink that crap straight):)

carter08
01-10-2007, 10:33 PM
my padre makes homemade wine

AggieJohn
01-10-2007, 10:36 PM