PDA

View Full Version : Who has heard about Jorrie Adams from Jasper?

Alex Padgett
07-25-2002, 06:38 PM
Who has heard about #3 Draft pick in the nation, for offensive lineman, Jorrie Adams?
He is 6'7", 280 pounds and runs the 40 in 4.9 seconds.

[This message has been edited by Alex Padgett (edited July 25, 2002).]

Matthew328
07-26-2002, 12:53 AM
I'd say the whole state has heard about him...he is only the best lineman in the state...

niceguy86
07-26-2002, 01:43 AM
Is he commiting to any college yet?

eye of the tiger
09-17-2002, 03:51 PM
How is Adams doing. Havent heard much about him this year. Is he as awesome as everybody says?

Jacket2000
09-17-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Alex Padgett:
Who has heard about #3 Draft pick in the nation, for offensive lineman, Jorrie Adams?
He is 6'7", 280 pounds and runs the 40 in 4.9 seconds.

[This message has been edited by Alex Padgett (edited July 25, 2002).]

Nope, never heard of him. But, I'll keep an ear open. What was the name, Jarred Adams?
J2K

mojjo_1
09-17-2002, 04:15 PM
He's the only one on the team that starts both ways. After the the first set of downs on defense, he only plays defense on Jasper's side of the field. He has looked just as good as his press clippings. He didn't play much defense last week. Jasper plays Strake Jesuit in Houston Sept.27. They beat Bay City last week and should be a good game.

eye of the tiger
09-17-2002, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info. Everything I have read about him says he is about the best ever.

Reveille
09-17-2002, 04:26 PM
Jorrie is you prototypical tackle at 6'7 and 280lbs. He could easily carry another 25 pounds at the college level and not lose much speed. IMHO he is rough around the edges. He can be awesome at times, but he needs to be more consistent.

Shawn Slocum from A&M was at the game last weekend looking at Jorrie and Red Bryant. Word aroung town is that A&M has been recruiting him heavily. There was a post on this sight or another a week or two ago that A&M was high on Jorrie's list. Whoever gets him will definitely have a diamond in the rough.

I will tell you this, Red Bryant is the most gifted athlete on the Jasper team. He is a man playing among boys. If I were a college recruiter I would be camped out on Red's doorstep until February. I understand that Miami is looking at him big time.

3A Roy
09-17-2002, 07:41 PM
He is a very talented tackle, but after watching him play two games last year, I saw that a quick defender can get around him most of the time. I watched Jasper play Newton and Houston Forest Brook. Houston Forest Brook's defenders were getting by Jorrie on most occassions before he could get in position to block them, but once he did get a hold on them, he had them beat. Before Jasper played Newton last year, they had only allowed 4 sacks, but our end was getting by Jorrie and sacked Mitchell 4 times in the first half alone. Jorrie will be a great tackle once he reaches the collegiate level though.

mwynn05
09-17-2002, 09:13 PM
i heard hes really good but hes gonna have to work in the off season to be able to get some playing time at tha D1 level