PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat invades Frisco.....How far is Celina from there?

kaorder1999
01-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Bobcat strolls past Frisco office complex

11:49 AM CST on Tuesday, January 9, 2007

By BRAD HAWKINS / WFAA-TV

A rare, even alarming sight, was made on Monday in the middle of a suburban office park.

A bobcat strolled past mid-rise buildings, alongside the Dallas North Tollway in Frisco.

A News 8 viewer shared photos with us and the story .

Kevin Hail's been enjoying his third-floor view since the National Breast Cancer Foundation, where he works, moved in a few months back.

Yesterday, that view took his breath, right in the middle of a call.

"I thought -- that's the biggest cat I've ever seen!" he said.

"I couldn't believe it. Yelled on the phone, 'I think I see a bobcat outside of my window in the middle of an office complex,'" he added.

"He came back around the lake after a little while - I was able to snap some photos, as he went past the window."

The cat disappeared into a parking garage and came out with lunch.

"He comes back out and looks like he had a duck or a large pigeon and so he didn't waste any time in the parking garage," Hail said.

It was certainly not just another day at the office.

"We're out close to the wild, so it shouldn't surprise us but, nevertheless, you get caught up in the suburban trappings - an office complex - you don't expect to see a wild animal," Hail said.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/wfaa/01-07/0109bobcat.jpg

JJ7997
01-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Thats crazy, I grew up in the sticks and can count on one hand the times I've actually seen a Bobcat in broad daylight. I've only ever got just one while hunting. Its all the dang urban encroachment that makes sightings like this more common everyday.

bobcat1
01-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Frisco is encroaching Cat Country. I guess this will slow them down. They are at the limit. 14 miles away. :D

Adidas410s
01-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Frisco is encroaching Cat Country. I guess this will slow them down. They are at the limit. 14 miles away. :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-10-2007, 12:07 PM
We saw a couger when we were hunting southeast of San Angelo last month. It was beautiful thing, we tried to shoot it but I think we were so shook up to see that we missed. This has nothing to do with bobcats but I've been wanting to tell as many people as I can, no one believes we have mountain lions down here.

Adidas410s
01-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
We saw a couger when we were hunting southeast of San Angelo last month. It was beautiful thing, we tried to shoot it but I think we were so shook up to see that we missed. This has nothing to do with bobcats but I've been wanting to tell as many people as I can, no one believes we have mountain lions down here.

yep I've seen a few when we would go hunting out at Ft Chadbourne. Trust me...they're VERY real!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

BILLYFRED0000
01-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Bobcat strolls past Frisco office complex

11:49 AM CST on Tuesday, January 9, 2007

By BRAD HAWKINS / WFAA-TV

A rare, even alarming sight, was made on Monday in the middle of a suburban office park.

A bobcat strolled past mid-rise buildings, alongside the Dallas North Tollway in Frisco.

A News 8 viewer shared photos with us and the story .

Kevin Hail's been enjoying his third-floor view since the National Breast Cancer Foundation, where he works, moved in a few months back.

Yesterday, that view took his breath, right in the middle of a call.

"I thought -- that's the biggest cat I've ever seen!" he said.

"I couldn't believe it. Yelled on the phone, 'I think I see a bobcat outside of my window in the middle of an office complex,'" he added.

"He came back around the lake after a little while - I was able to snap some photos, as he went past the window."

"He comes back out and looks like he had a duck or a large pigeon and so he didn't waste any time in the parking garage," Hail said.

It was certainly not just another day at the office.

"We're out close to the wild, so it shouldn't surprise us but, nevertheless, you get caught up in the suburban trappings - an office complex - you don't expect to see a wild animal," Hail said.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/wfaa/01-07/0109bobcat.jpg

I work in the building where that Cat hangs around. She has a couple of cubs somewheres around here. I have seen several up close and personal in this area. I had one walk up on me at Frito Lay just across 121 and just stand there maybe 15 feet away. We just stood there looking at each other for about 30 seconds then she just walked away.

BILLYFRED0000
01-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yep I've seen a few when we would go hunting out at Ft Chadbourne. Trust me...they're VERY real!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You are talkin about my stompin grounds at FT Chadbourne.
My Grandad worked for Exxon and Exxon had a deer lease down there for years. I grew up in Bronte. We never failed to get our limits in deer or Turkey.

JJ7997
01-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

I have seen one, a half grown one out in the countryside surrounding Gatesville. Actually it was crossing the road out of the Ft.Hood res. I have came across tracks in the Leon Riverbed and have heard their so called " cry " on several occassions while camping, hunting and fishing, all at night. Several others I know have also seen them in this area. So I know for a fact that there is a considerable population in this state.

turbostud
01-11-2007, 07:56 PM
The only time I have ever seen one was a dead one on the side of the road between Abilene and San Angelo.