PDA

View Full Version : TO fires publicist...

g$$
01-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Just heard on the radio that Terrell Owens fired his publicist. You know, the lady who made a fool of herself on national tv by saying "Terrell has $25 million reasons to live" after she had called 911 & said it was attempted suicide.

Guess that whole deal did not work out quite so well for him & her. Kinda like the season, his image, his drops, his finger tendon, whatever.

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Just heard on the radio that Terrell Owens fired his publicist. You know, the lady who made a fool of herself on national tv by saying "Terrell has $25 million reasons to live" after she had called 911 & said it was attempted suicide.

Guess that whole deal did not work out quite so well for him & her. Kinda like the season, his image, his drops, his finger tendon, whatever.

She never said attempted suicide in the 911 call....You could see this one coming, actually surprised he did not fire her sooner

AggieJohn
01-09-2007, 04:12 PM
well glad to see he is going places

g$$
01-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
She never said attempted suicide in the 911 call....You could see this one coming, actually surprised he did not fire her sooner

So what did she say to the MEDIA? That he was taking a dirt nap? She called 911 & said it was serious & then retracted it when he told her what to say on the podium. And she looked like a fool too. Just like him.

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by g$$
So what did she say to the MEDIA? That he was taking a dirt nap? She called 911 & said it was serious & then retracted it when he told her what to say on the podium. And she looked like a fool too. Just like him.

From ESPN

Etheredge made the 911 call, which showed that she was on the line for 41 seconds, never said anything about a suicide attempt and never mentioned Owens' name

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2725205

The 911 tape was released and on she NEVER said it was a suicide attempt.

Maroon87
01-09-2007, 04:23 PM
I never understood why athletes need a publicist anyway.:confused:

g$$
01-09-2007, 04:45 PM
From ESPN

Etheredge made the 911 call, which showed that she was on the line for 41 seconds, never said anything about a suicide attempt and never mentioned Owens' name

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2725205

The 911 tape was released and on she NEVER said it was a suicide attempt.

She indicated it was very serious & the officials did too. They backed off that later as they did not have enough evidence. Point is & was that she made a fool of herself.

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by g$$
She indicated it was very serious & the officials did too. They backed off that later as they did not have enough evidence. Point is & was that she made a fool of herself.

I agree in the press conference she made herself look very stupid, which is why I am surprised he kept her this long.

I would hope my wife would indicate something serious if she had to call 911 for any reason.

AggieJohn
01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
i wonder who announced this......seeing as he didn't have his publicist

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i wonder who announced this......seeing as he didn't have his publicist

Maybe he named in interim PR until he can find one to be a full time one

g$$
01-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Maybe he named in interim PR until he can find one to be a full time one

Maybe he needs an entire PR Firm to help him rebuild a tarnished image. Just a thought.

I wonder what she got in a settlement to go away?

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Maybe he needs an entire PR Firm to help him rebuild a tarnished image. Just a thought.

I wonder what she got in a settlement to go away?

All depends on if she was under contract or how the terms of the aggrement between them was worked out...I know she did not have 25 million reasons to go away.

g$$
01-09-2007, 05:07 PM
All depends on if she was under contract or how the terms of the aggrement between them was worked out...I know she did not have 25 million reasons to go away.

We agree! Only Team Poison has $25 million reasons to live I guess. She probably got a nice check to say good-bye.

htowntransplant
01-09-2007, 08:32 PM
well if to has 25 million reasons to be alive, then etheridge has 1 reason to find a new job.

LitanyofFury
01-09-2007, 08:33 PM
He prolly had 25 MILLION reasons to fire her.;)

Phil C
01-10-2007, 09:53 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Phil C
01-10-2007, 09:54 AM
O'PIOUS SPECTACLE! :(