PDA

View Full Version : Royse City 7 on 7 to benefit wounded Marine and Coach

rangerjoe33
01-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Jan 27th. Royse City will be hosting a 7 on 7 event in Royse City to benefit Sgt William Ellington (brother of standout RC athlete Garrett Ellington and US Marine) who was severely injured and burned in Iraq in December and Coach Willis who was injured in a car accident during the season and has recently moved into physical therapy after recovering from a medically induced coma after suffering severe head injuries.

There are many people who will be participating from in and around RC. Lots of old men trying to be young again for a good cause. I know that FBC RC will have a team there, a couple of teams from the HS, a team from the 2004 semi final squad featuring James Mapps, among others.

I have put together a team and tried to add as many players as possible, mainly to help rotate in folks for us out of shape types. I have enough to field a team...we may not win but that is not why we are playing, late 30's, never played 7 on 7, I am realistic. I am a Marine, I have 2 friends from HS I played with who are Marines, my brother-in-law is a Marine...I had a recruiter call me today asking to play on our team.....
We take care of own...I am sure some of you have heard that before.

So, I am asking all Marines, and football fans to organize a team, come to RC on Jan 27th, and pay $10 per player to participate. Worst case is you have a little fun and help someone that needs your support.

All proceeds from the concessions, entry fees, and donations will go to these to families. RC coaches will be officiating from what I have been told, so all proceeds will go directly to families...no money to pay out.

Will you help? If you can't will pass this information along to someone that might be interested? Thanks in advance.

Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Please email rangerjoe33@yahoo.com with any questions or for information.

rangerjoe33
01-10-2007, 10:17 AM
bump

rcbulldog34
01-11-2007, 10:36 AM
bump