PDA

View Full Version : Remote Controls

Bullaholic
01-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Most important piece of electronics in the house to a man. Over the years I have invested a small fortune in many different models of remote controls in that eternal, futile attempt to find one that is smart enough to control all of the AV components the way I like---and most importantly in a manner which my wife can understand. I hope that somebody comes out with a model that truly interfaces with the PC and has well-written software that allows you to custom tailor every AV component the way you like quickly and easily. If I can talk to a device with my computer, I can make it work.

pancho villa
01-09-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't let my wife touch the remote. I am "El Rey" of the remote!

TMer25
01-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Most important piece of electronics in the house to a man. Over the years I have invested a small fortune in many different models of remote controls in that eternal, futile attempt to find one that is smart enough to control all of the AV components the way I like---and most importantly in a manner which my wife can understand. I hope that somebody comes out with a model that truly interfaces with the PC and has well-written software that allows you to custom tailor every AV component the way you like quickly and easily. If I can talk to a device with my computer, I can make it work.

A Harmony remote would be my recommendation.