PDA

View Full Version : One thing Coach Meyer of Florida Showed

Phil C
01-09-2007, 12:50 PM
is that you can work a game with two quarterbacks playing and they both can do a good job for you. That was shown in Florida's biggest game of the year last night and it worked. I hope UT coaches noticed.

AggieJohn
01-09-2007, 01:08 PM
maybe Fran could do it with McGee and Jerrod Johnson

mwynn05
01-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
is that you can work a game with two quarterbacks playing and they both can do a good job for you. That was shown in Florida's biggest game of the year last night and it worked. I hope UT coaches noticed. Okay having 2 qb's worked one time out of how many times has it been tried??????? Trust me you don;t want Mack to try this

AggieJohn
01-09-2007, 01:31 PM
it worked for the most part in Tennessee a few years ago

AggieJohn
01-09-2007, 01:32 PM
but I think that Urban put Tebow in their to keep him from transfering....

pero chato
01-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Aside from the one TD pass, he ran the ball up the middle, like a fullback. Not sure I'd call it the role of a qb.

g$$
01-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Very touchy situation here. Tebow did his job in a limited role. I do like his future, don't get me wrong. But Leak was the man all the way. Tebow just did his role. Playing 2 qbs USUALLY means you don't have 1 good one.

Meyer is a brilliant offensive mind. I wanted A&M to go after him after his 1st season at Utah. My Aggie friends laughed at me. I started following him while at Bowling Green. He coached also at ND & Ohio State.

Now we have Fran...ugh! ND thought they had him too when they let Willingham go. Florida got themselves a good one.

Last night, #94 DE Moss is from Denton. Florida has a few Texans. He is a good one too.

RMAC
01-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Which one of the qb's is on his way to LA for the Letterman show? There you go.

Astrosdawg07
01-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Tebow is the next big thing...

TexanAlum_06
01-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Last night, #94 DE Moss is from Denton. Florida has a few Texans. He is a good one too.

What happened to Moss? I remembr him being a highly regarded recruit when he came out of high school. but I havent heard his name mentioned at all until this year. Was he injured or academic problems or just buried on the depth chart and finally got his chance this year?

g$$
01-10-2007, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
What happened to Moss? I remembr him being a highly regarded recruit when he came out of high school. but I havent heard his name mentioned at all until this year. Was he injured or academic problems or just buried on the depth chart and finally got his chance this year?

Not sure, but he was wrecking shop last night & had the big FG block to save the game vs. South Carolina too. I know he has had some discipline issues, but he can play no doubt.

#84 Tate Casey (TE) played well too for the Gators. Another Texan from Longview I believe.

TexanAlum_06
01-10-2007, 02:47 AM
I thought I heard them talking about it in pregame about him having some illness or something? but they might have been talking about someone else. yeah he did dominate last night.

Phil C
01-10-2007, 09:51 AM
He may have also done it to keep Brantley from getting any interest in Alabama. :)