PDA

View Full Version : February Thru August Football

Bullaholic
01-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Anybody got any ideas why no one has ever been able to sustain any kind of a football league between the end of the NFL season and the start of pre-season? Every attempt has ended in failure. Any ideas for a succesful league?

Txbroadcaster
01-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Anybody got any ideas why no one has ever been able to sustain any kind of a football league between the end of the NFL season and the start of pre-season? Every attempt has ended in failure. Any ideas for a succesful league?

Well the USFL COULD have worked if not for the money issues..The Arean League has a niche

As far as WHY..I think people LOVE football, but also love having time away from it. Nothing makes you ready for the season to begin than NOT having it around. I love the anticipation and I think it would be lost if there was good football year around

AggieJohn
01-09-2007, 01:09 PM
i like the Niche that AFL provides

Bullaholic
01-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I'd really love to see a sub-NFL league created with the rookies and players the coaches would like to evaluate further in a true NFL farm type system. I think that a break of 3-4 months would be sufficient for most injuries to heal and serve to whet the fan's football appetites prior to the regular season. I think the NFL pre-season should be cut to 2 games. College juniors would then have a buffer between college and the pros and many athletes who are masquerading as students would have a place to go to earn an income instead of accepting illegal under-the-table type compensation.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-09-2007, 01:52 PM
As much as I would love to watch football 8 more months of the year (and I do keep up with AFL some, go Wranglers!), I truly believe my girlfriend would leave. That poor girl has had to schedule every weekend event we do to Longhorns/Cowboys/ Titans games. I think more football would be the proverbial "twig that broke the camel's back."

DU_stud04
01-09-2007, 07:52 PM
in texas the TUFL, its a semipro league, sometimes you can catch a good game for pretty cheap. the season is from february till june

carter08
01-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Arena Football