PDA

View Full Version : Boise State

Gsquared
01-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Ended up number 5 , Ohio State 2 , and LSU 3. LSU imo, would do the same thing to Ohio State as Florida did to them.

Phil C
01-09-2007, 10:32 AM
O'PIOUS SPECTICLE! :(

Gsquared
01-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Phil, how do you feel about the Catholic Church?

Macarthur
01-09-2007, 10:44 AM
LSU probably would whip OSU. Boise State would get lit up by any of those teams though.

kaorder1999
01-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
LSU probably would whip OSU. Boise State would get lit up by any of those teams though.

I don't know.....Boise would definitly compete

Macarthur
01-09-2007, 10:54 AM
LSU & Florida would beat Boise by at least 3 TDs.

Let's not forget, this was not a real strong OU team they beat. Everyone is talking about Boise like they are a giant killer, but OU was down a bit this year.

JakefootballGOD
01-09-2007, 11:13 AM
OU is weak..they won the big 12 by default!!!

eagles_victory
01-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I think people are getting a little to high on LSU just because they beat Notre Dame who got blown anytime they played anyone. Florida beating tosu doesnt suddenly make LSU a great team or glorify LSU as much as people on here are making it out to. After the bowl games i think USC was the second best team in the country

District303aPastPlayer
01-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Let's not forget, this was not a real strong OU team they beat. Everyone is talking about Boise like they are a giant killer, but OU was down a bit this year.

Either way.. they still beat OU... they could be down all they want... but everyone knows... Boise ST shouldn't, in any case, be able to stand on the same field as OU... but they did... and they prevailed... don't try and cheapen their win...

Phil C
01-09-2007, 11:21 AM
This is something that could only be determined on the field of play which of course is impossible. :(

O'PIOUS SPECTACLE!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Either way.. they still beat OU... they could be down all they want... but everyone knows... Boise ST shouldn't, in any case, be able to stand on the same field as OU... but they did... and they prevailed... don't try and cheapen their win...

I second that.

JJ7997
01-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
This is something that could only be determined on the field of play which of course is impossible. :(

O'PIOUS SPECTACLE!!

It couldnt be said any better.

Macarthur
01-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
OU is weak..they won the big 12 by default!!!

I didn't say they were weak. The Big 12 was weak this year, though.

I just said they were not at strong as they had been in previous years.

District303aPastPlayer

Either way.. they still beat OU... they could be down all they want... but everyone knows... Boise ST shouldn't, in any case, be able to stand on the same field as OU... but they did... and they prevailed...

I disagree with this comment. With the pariody in college football, on any given year, a TCU or Boise St. can have as good a starting 22 as anyone. The difference is the depth.

TCU beat OU last year.

All I'm saying is that some are making this out to be the most amazing thing to ever happen in college in the last 20 years. Frankly, it wasn't that much of a shocker. Go back and look at the betting lines. Vegas wasn't as shocked as most of us seem to be.

don't try and cheapen their win...

It was a great win for their program, but I don't think it was some foundation shaking type of thing that will change the complextion of college football.

BTW, count me as one that is in favor of a 16 team playoff.

crzyjournalist03
01-09-2007, 12:36 PM
IMO, Boise State deserves to be at LEAST number two...they won every game on their schedule including a BCS game. Are they the second best team in the country? Probably not, but Michigan got the benefit of the doubt the entire time they were at number two!

icu812
01-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
IMO, Boise State deserves to be at LEAST number two...they won every game on their schedule including a BCS game. Are they the second best team in the country? Probably not, but Michigan got the benefit of the doubt the entire time they were at number two!

:clap: I don't see how they could logically be anything but #2 or even #1. Are they the best team? Probably not but since we don't have a playoff system all we have to go by is won/loss records and peoples meaningless opinion of who is the National Champion. Boise hasn't lost and everyone else has.

My Top 5 Best Teams (taking win/loss record out of it my meaningless opinion)

1) Florida
2) LSU
3) OSU
4) USC
5) Boise State

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO SETTLE IT ON THE FIELD LIKE THEY DO IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL?!!!!

Phil C
01-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Phil, how do you feel about the Catholic Church?

Gs I admire the Catholic Church.

Phil C
01-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by icu812
:clap: I don't see how they could logically be anything but #2 or even #1. Are they the best team? Probably not but since we don't have a playoff system all we have to go by is won/loss records and peoples meaningless opinion of who is the National Champion. Boise hasn't lost and everyone else has.

1) Florida
2) LSU
3) OSU
4) USC
5) Boise State

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO SETTLE IT ON THE FIELD LIKE THEY DO IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL?!!!!

O'PIOUS SPECTACLE!! :(

Macarthur
01-09-2007, 02:11 PM
I think, as a voter, you need to vote how you think the teams really are and would play.

If Boise is not the 2nd best team in the nation, how can you in good conscience vote them #2?

icu812
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
I think, as a voter, you need to vote how you think the teams really are and would play.

If Boise is not the 2nd best team in the nation, how can you in good conscience vote them #2?

Voting=bias(see ND,USC,Big 10)=popularity contest

You could vote them at #2 because the fact is they have not lost a game. Yes there are other facts like strength of schedule ect...but you truely don't know if they are the 2nd best team in the nation unless you play the games out. My gut feeling is they are about #5 but that is just meaningless opinion. They did get 1 first place vote but that could have been a result of bias (Idaho voter?) or someone voted that way because they are the only undefeated team. We should have the hundreds of bowl games be playoff games ending with the national championship game.

carter08
01-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Year One was a success for BSU
After next years undefeated season they will be named National Champions

buff4life
01-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by icu812

1) Florida
2) LSU
3) OSU
4) USC
5) Boise State

you say you couldn't see them as anything but #1 or #2 but then you put them at fifth??...i don't get it...