PDA

View Full Version : WELL I GUESS WE ARE ONLY GOING TO HAVE 4 PRE-DISTRICT GAMES

mustang04
08-30-2003, 11:51 AM
Lats night we went to vernon ready to play our first game and we were all psyched, and before we can even have offensive possession of the ball, we have to go inside, and we waited for hours only to here it was cancelled and that we were playing today at 6:00, and now i just heard that we dont even play today cause the weather is lookin bad again.....man i hate this, i wanted to play but i guess thats just how the cookie crumbles.......... :confused:

wildstangs
08-30-2003, 11:56 AM
Its a tought break. I was worried about how all the traveling would affect the Mustangs game anyways. I hate to see this happen, but you know as well as I do we need this rain alot!

Ranger Mom
08-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Greenwood's could easily end up the same way! I haven't heard anything yet, and the sun is shining, but you never know!!

If we have to cancel, that will give Greenwood an 8 game season! :mad:

wildstangs
08-30-2003, 12:02 PM
If we have to cancel, that will give Greenwood an 8 game season! :mad: [/QB][/QUOTE]

I am really really really really dissapointed this game got postponed. In my opinion, it was a huge measuring stick towards the playoffs. Now you have to wonder what this delay and extra traveling is going to do to both teams. Could be messy tonight in Greenwood.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-30-2003, 12:17 PM
On the radio here in Vernon, they said that the Sweetwater coach called this morning and cancelled due to the possible storms this evening. What they should have done is moved the game to Haskell which is closer to Sweetwater and only about an hour fron Vernon, or make up the game during the bye week. But hey my son did recover that fumble on the punt and Vernon did move the ball pretty good on that second drive. The D-End for Sweetwater looked very big and very fast. He made a great play on the opening possession with about a ten yard sack on our QB. Too bad we didn't get to play as I think this would have been a great game for both teams. Now we don't know anything more than we knew before the game.

Ranger Mom
08-30-2003, 01:14 PM
Out of curiosity, does the game just not count, or is it considered a forfeit??

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-30-2003, 01:16 PM
The game doesn't count at all. Or that is what the radio said this morning.

Chief Woodman
08-30-2003, 02:25 PM
Too bad....I was gonna drive to Vernon to see the game tonight.

redhot
08-30-2003, 04:38 PM
Hey Mustang Fans let's thank the good Lord above for the wonderful rain we have received and get ready for a big game with Graham next week. We still have several very tallented teams to play in pre-distric! :D

buckwheat
08-30-2003, 05:00 PM
mustang04:
Lats night we went to vernon ready to play our first game and we were all psyched, and before we can even have offensive possession of the ball, we have to go inside, and we waited for hours only to here it was cancelled and that we were playing today at 6:00, and now i just heard that we dont even play today cause the weather is lookin bad again.....man i hate this, i wanted to play but i guess thats just how the cookie crumbles.......... :confused: You better be glad you did'nt play. I feel like this is the year the Mustangs wont even get out of district!!!

wildstangs
08-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Hey Buckwheat, hope your still around come week 10.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-30-2003, 08:20 PM
buckwheat:

mustang04:
Lats night we went to vernon ready to play our first game and we were all psyched, and before we can even have offensive possession of the ball, we have to go inside, and we waited for hours only to here it was cancelled and that we were playing today at 6:00, and now i just heard that we dont even play today cause the weather is lookin bad again.....man i hate this, i wanted to play but i guess thats just how the cookie crumbles.......... :confused: You better be glad you did'nt play. I feel like this is the year the Mustangs wont even get out of district!!!Are you just going on a gut feeling here or what? Why would you say that. Sweetwater's defense had a lot of returning starters back. I feel like the mustangs will be a good team this year and that is why I'm so dissapointed they didn't get to play. Like Sweetwater, Vernon has games with Altus Ok, Wichita Falls High, & Hirschi so we will get to see some good teams as well.

mustang04
08-31-2003, 03:22 AM
Buckwheat.....i seriosuly wanna know how u came upon that assumption? have u not even heard about our scrimmage w/ #20 ranked 4a team wichita falls high...im just curious man