PDA

View Full Version : My first time back to the downlow.....

JT44
01-08-2007, 03:06 PM
This is my first trip back to the downlow since the cuero/wimberley game. I told the wife that message boards got me anxious/confused/mad at the other teams for no reason and I should stop reading/posting on them. but I can't resist,
Next year Cuero will have a totally different team, and the worst part of it is I know these kids so well that I feel I must support them!
some points I just want to make:

1. Wimberley is good
2. LH earned the state title
3. Cuero's coaching staff needs to call the big plays
4. Cuero's coaching staff left a lot of talent on the sidelines for the whole year and will now expect those guys to play after only practicing the whole year.

Come check out gobbler basketball......10-4 record against El Campo tonite!!!! Looking to win district for only the fourth time in history for the gobbler basketball program.

Bullaholic
01-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by JT44
This is my first trip back to the downlow since the cuero/wimberley game. I told the wife that message boards got me anxious/confused/mad at the other teams for no reason and I should stop reading/posting on them. but I can't resist,
Next year Cuero will have a totally different team, and the worst part of it is I know these kids so well that I feel I must support them!
some points I just want to make:

1. Wimberley is good
2. LH earned the state title
3. Cuero's coaching staff needs to call the big plays
4. Cuero's coaching staff left a lot of talent on the sidelines for the whole year and will now expect those guys to play after only practicing the whole year.

Come check out gobbler basketball......10-4 record against El Campo tonite!!!! Looking to win district for only the fourth time in history for the gobbler basketball program.

Welcome back, JT44---no need to explain yourself....everybody goes thru the scenario you desrcibed with their teams every season. If you didn't care about your team that much, you wouldn't be a very good hs sports fan. Cuero had a great year and I think they will have a great 2007 season if they don't graduate all the talent from the 06' team. I have always admired the fan spirit and love of tradition that is found in Cuero.

44INAROW
01-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Welcome back JT44 - :)