PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero II question...

Ranger Mom
01-07-2007, 09:45 PM
When you play this game a lot and then look at the wall....does it seem like everything is moving up?? Or am I just hallucinating? :crazy1: :crazy1:

AggieJohn
01-07-2007, 09:55 PM
you have video game syndrome, it happens to me when I play halo, I'll focus in on something and I see a red circle

Ranger Mom
01-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
you have video game syndrome, it happens to me when I play halo, I'll focus in on something and I see a red circle

Well I had to quit playing....it was making me sick at my stomach.

I guess I am gonna have to start Dramamine before I play it now....I don't even get motion sickness on roller coasters!!:(

Rabbit'93
01-07-2007, 10:30 PM
yep happens to me too.

espn1
01-07-2007, 10:33 PM
My finger tips went numb.

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 11:00 PM
It happened to me to. After I got done with a 3 hour stretch whenever I closed my eyes I would see the fretbar coming down.

DU_stud04
01-07-2007, 11:12 PM
put the pipe down rangermom :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-08-2007, 12:22 AM
I had a decision to make about getting Guitar Hero or buying a real guitar. I went with the real deal and in no way regret it. I'll get more enjoyment out of this and a much larger song selection in the long run.

jason
01-08-2007, 12:27 AM
have you played it on hyperspeed yet ???

lepfan
01-08-2007, 12:34 AM
It sometimes makes me dizzy...but then some would say I am dizzy anyway. Hyperspeed???? Hell, I am doing good to be successful on EASY. I have actually reached 100% on Easy and am dreading moving up to the next level. You might say I ride the shortbus when it comes to eye/hand coordination!

This has to be one of our better "entertainment" investments! I have to put myself on a schedule or else I spend way too much time with it. :)

CHS_CG
01-08-2007, 12:49 AM
I have beat the easy and medium level and do NOT wanna move on to hard... on my last encore i had to play freebird.. i did pretty good... for the first half of the song lol. I have been playin it every day since i got it thrusday night, i had to take a break from it today.

DU_stud04
01-08-2007, 01:01 AM
hyperspeed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhvCeUpPF0o&mode=related&search=)

i wouldnt even wanna think about trying to do this, or spend the time to get like that, ive played the game 3 times, its fun but, im not gonna be a loser and try to get better at somethign that doesnt matter(now real guitar is a differnet story :D )

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
hyperspeed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhvCeUpPF0o&mode=related&search=)

i wouldnt even wanna think about trying to do this, or spend the time to get like that, ive played the game 3 times, its fun but, im not gonna be a loser and try to get better at somethign that doesnt matter(now real guitar is a differnet story :D )

I'm right there with you on this one.

sahen
01-08-2007, 01:22 AM
im just happy when i beat a song on hard, i dont even want to try that expert crap

CHS_CG
01-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by sahen
im just happy when i beat a song on hard, i dont even want to try that expert crap

Be real with me man... how bad is it.. I havent tried it yet lol.

Ranger Mom
01-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Hyperspeed??? Are you nuts? I sailed through easy and am doing good on medium. I bought the wireless guitar and the original "guitar hero" on Friday night.

I like II way better since I can play my son, who only plays on Hard and Expert, while I am still on medium. If there is a way to do that on Guitar Hero I, I can't figure it out.

I had to quit for a while......my right wrist was hurting so bad last night from that little "strummy thing" and the whammy bar . I could hardly hold on to my fork to eat!!:D

(I wonder if this thing can cause carpal tunnel syndrome??)

Adidas410s
01-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
(I wonder if this thing can cause carpal tunnel syndrome??)
Yes it most definitely can! ;)

Ranger Mom
01-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I had a decision to make about getting Guitar Hero or buying a real guitar. I went with the real deal and in no way regret it. I'll get more enjoyment out of this and a much larger song selection in the long run.

Well....we already have 3 "real guitars"....I am much better on the play ones!! :p :p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Well....we already have 3 "real guitars"....I am much better on the play ones!! :p :p

I'm better on the play ones too. I've been able to get all of a song on expert before. I've been able to play only the intros to a few songs on my Ibanez. :(

Ranger Mom
01-08-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm better on the play ones too. I've been able to get all of a song on expert before. I've been able to play only the intros to a few songs on my Ibanez. :(

I have no idea how to play a real one. My son (who is good on both) said they are NOTHING alike, in his opinion. What do you think??

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-08-2007, 01:38 PM
I have no idea how to play a real one. My son (who is good on both) said they are NOTHING alike, in his opinion. What do you think??

You can take an actual guitar player, and he can be good at Guitar Hero. You can take a Guitar Hero player, and he couldn't play anything on a real guitar if he had no background with the instrument. They are nowhere close to being alike. You think your fingers hurt after playing Guitar Hero, play some real music and your fingers will hurt then, mine are starting to get calluses.

Ranger Mom
01-08-2007, 01:48 PM
You can take an actual guitar player, and he can be good at Guitar Hero. You can take a Guitar Hero player, and he couldn't play anything on a real guitar if he had no background with the instrument. They are nowhere close to being alike. You think your fingers hurt after playing Guitar Hero, play some real music and your fingers will hurt then, mine are starting to get calluses.

I hear ya! Back when Chad first started playing, he would play so much his would bleed....he has developed calluses on his now!

lepfan
01-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Hyperspeed??? Are you nuts? I sailed through easy and am doing good on medium. I bought the wireless guitar and the original "guitar hero" on Friday night.

I like II way better since I can play my son, who only plays on Hard and Expert, while I am still on medium. If there is a way to do that on Guitar Hero I, I can't figure it out.

I had to quit for a while......my right wrist was hurting so bad last night from that little "strummy thing" and the whammy bar . I could hardly hold on to my fork to eat!!:D

(I wonder if this thing can cause carpal tunnel syndrome??) I actually had to quit for a while because of different aches and pains...I did make the comment about now needing carpal tunnel surgery. LOL