PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone think Dallas needs to make changes in the offensive coaching staff?

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 02:53 PM
I know when a team loses and the season is done alot of people want to make wholesale changes..but I have to ask why do so many want the Cowboys to fire the offensive coaches?

Dallas was 4th in points scored

4th is total yards per game

5th in passing yards

13th in rushing yards

2nd in first downs

2nd in 3rd down conversions

9th in TOP

Had a 2900 yd passer AND a 1100 yard passer

TWO 1,000 yards recievers another 754 yards and another with 516 yards

1,000 yard rusher and another with 654 yards

The team scored at least 17 points in all but ONE game..only SD matched that.

All this with a makeshift OL..and a major QB change.

IMO the offense did its job this season and I hope the staff is back in the same capacity. Think what this offense can be like with Romo as a starter going into camp and a revamped OL

txkmom
01-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Execution on the field was the issue.

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 03:04 PM
I think the reason that people are calling for offensive changes is that at times it looked like the Cowboys were scoring in spite of themselves--that is, it seemed on many occasions that Romo's improvising and some great plays were saving what was at times very questionable play calls...Still, offense isn't the problem, the defense needs some revamping.

NDFootball
01-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I know when a team loses and the season is done alot of people want to make wholesale changes..but I have to ask why do so many want the Cowboys to fire the offensive coaches?

5th in passing yards

13th in rushing yards

2nd in first downs

9th in TOP

IMO the offense did its job this season and I hope the staff is back in the same capacity. Think what this offense can be like with Romo as a starter going into camp and a revamped OL

Well for one they don't even have an OC...most teams do

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 03:09 PM
SO? The system they used worked well enough to become a top 5 offense

NDFootball
01-07-2007, 03:11 PM
SO? The system they used worked well enough to become a top 5 offense

Not necessarily...there were times it looked like a pee wee coaching staff was calling the plays.

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Well for one they don't even have an OC...most teams do

interesting statement there that prompted research on my part...It's true that most teams have offensive coordinators, but it's incredible how many playoff teams don't!

The Giants, Cowboys, Patriots and Ravens are all without OC's...and that's one third of all the playoff teams! That's much more than I would have ever guessed.

Snydertigersrul
01-07-2007, 03:29 PM
The problem is we need CHANGE. Parcells has had four seasons and failed to get the job done. There are no more excuses because he has the players, but they can't overcome BONEHEAD mistakes by the coaching staff. Let's bring Jimmy back and he will straighten it out.

NDFootball
01-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
interesting statement there that prompted research on my part...It's true that most teams have offensive coordinators, but it's incredible how many playoff teams don't!

The Giants, Cowboys, Patriots and Ravens are all without OC's...and that's one third of all the playoff teams! That's much more than I would have ever guessed.

Wow good post...:thinking: I would've never guessed either

NDFootball
01-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The problem is we need CHANGE. Parcells has had four seasons and failed to get the job done. There are no more excuses because he has the players, but they can't overcome BONEHEAD mistakes by the coaching staff. Let's bring Jimmy back and he will straighten it out.

Jimmy is much too comfortable with his analyst job and his houseboat in Florida :D

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Not necessarily...there were times it looked like a pee wee coaching staff was calling the plays.

EVERY TEAM has moments where the coaches look great..and look bad. The numbers state the offense was not only a good one, but by the end of the year became one of the best offenses in the NFL..that does not happen over a 16 game season without the coaches doing something right

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Jimmy is much too comfortable with his analyst job and his houseboat in Florida :D

yeah, and he and Barry sure do look like they're becoming great buds!

I couldn't believe what I was seeing the first time I saw the two of them on the same pregame show!

NDFootball
01-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
yeah, and he and Barry sure do look like they're becoming great buds!

I couldn't believe what I was seeing the first time I saw the two of them on the same pregame show!

I guess being laid back all the time golfing will solve anything :P

I wish I had a houseboat in Florida :(

JJ7997
01-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

The Cryboys DONT have the players, when will you people see that ? You cant blame this on the Tuna. If they had the players, they would be playing next week. I propose that Cryboys threads should be banned until next season, cause I'm tired of the excuses. THEY JUST WERENT GOOD ENOUGH ! FACE IT !

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
The Cryboys DONT have the players, when will you people see that ? You cant blame this on the Tuna. If they had the players, they would be playing next week. I propose that Cryboys threads should be banned until next season, cause I'm tired of the excuses. THEY JUST WERENT GOOD ENOUGH ! FACE IT !

If you read what I've written on hundreds of football threads, you'll see that I'm always very honest and fair when it comes to analyzing a game. When a team I like loses and doesn't deserve to win, I'm the first to admit it (if you don't believe me, look back at the UT-KState threads).

However, in this case you are wrong! The Cowboys were absolutely good enough to win and clearly had the players to do it...it had nothing to do with the player talent...it was a simple execution that cost them...a botched field goal has nothing to do with lack of talent...it's a bad play, and bad luck that it was the difference in the game.

JJ7997
01-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Big time talent performs in big time games, its an age old addage. The Cryboys aint got it. WHO performed yesterday for the Cryboys ? WHO made the big play when the game was on the line ? NOBODY ! All you have to talk about is "Botched" plays. REAL talent makes the play at the end of the game instead of "botching " it and blowing the game. REAL talent is the likes of Montana, Elway, Aikman, E. Smith, Tomlinson, etc. Yes, I included a couple of the last REAL Dallas Cowboys in there, so you know I'm not being biased.

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Big time talent performs in big time games, its an age old addage. The Cryboys aint got it. WHO performed yesterday for the Cryboys ? WHO made the big play when the game was on the line ? NOBODY ! All you have to talk about is "Botched" plays. REAL talent makes the play at the end of the game instead of "botching " it and blowing the game. REAL talent is the likes of Montana, Elway, Aikman, E. Smith, Tomlinson, etc. Yes, I included a couple of the last REAL Dallas Cowboys in there, so you know I'm not being biased.

According to that summation then, Peyton Manning is about the tenth best quarterback in the league right now, and deserves no shot at the HOF.

JJ7997
01-07-2007, 04:30 PM
If Manning dont get a HOF bid, I could care less, its winning Super Bowls that count in the league and Manning will never do that. He's the next Dan Marino. Breaks all kinds of records but dont win the big one.

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 05:39 PM
If Manning dont get a HOF bid, I could care less, its winning Super Bowls that count in the league and Manning will never do that. He's the next Dan Marino. Breaks all kinds of records but dont win the big one.

Ok...in that case I respect your previous statements...just making sure you're consistent! ;)

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 05:50 PM

Lets see

Elway was 0-3 in the SB until winning two..

Not sure but I dont think Joe Montana, Aikman, or Emmit Smith were undefeated in the play-offs. In fact Montana at one point lost three play-offs in a row thrwing 10 INT and NO Tds

Not sure how Tomlinson gets thrown in..One play-off game 80 yds no TDs

My whole point is that perception is "big time" players always step up and that is not always true. Of course they have big games that make them the legend they are but they are not perfect and win every game or make every play.

We will see if Romo turns out to be a big time performer, it remians to be seen, but the jury is still out

DU_stud04
01-07-2007, 05:52 PM
ill say it again, the cowboys need a new approach on the defense, maybe a new d-co. zero pressure on the qb, which makes it easy for the big deep plays that tend to kill the cowboys. another thing to help out the deep secondary is to move roy williams to linebacker, may be undersized but hell do quite fine there, i dont think he is a safety, have him sit the middle, blitz the qb more and i think he would be even more benificial.

cowboys are looking good this next year if people can stay healthy over the offseason, expecially on the offenseive side, the line has experience, romo has experience, and the backs are good. i think the cowboy fans might be excited this time next year.

burnet44
01-07-2007, 06:05 PM
list all the stats you want
stats are for losers
there is only one stat
win

as I have posted before
rationalize all you want
you are just lying to your self

the cowboys were 9-7
lost playoff game so they were 9-8

who watches film tommorrow?
seattle

hey call jerry bill and TO and romo and tell them
hey guys we

5th in passing yards

13th in rushing yards

2nd in first downs

9th in TOP

stats are for losers
players make plays
real good players make real good plays
great players make great plays

the pats took the ball and rammed it down the jets throat
to go up and take the game out of the jets hands

11:39 6:23 NE 37 13 63 Touchdown
13 plays 63 yards 6:23 off the clock

champions do this
when the game is on the line

as stated above
if they were good enough they win
if KC was good enough they would have

make all the excuses you want
quote all the stats you want

the cowboys didnt practice today
basketball season started for them

keep quoting stats nn
call jerry and let him in on it
im sure he will use that uinfo at his next press conference

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
list all the stats you want
stats are for losers
there is only one stat
win

as I have posted before
rationalize all you want
you are just lying to your self

the cowboys were 9-7
lost playoff game so they were 9-8

who watches film tommorrow?
seattle

hey call jerry bill and TO and romo and tell them
hey guys we

5th in passing yards

13th in rushing yards

2nd in first downs

9th in TOP

stats are for losers
players make plays
real good players make real good plays
great players make great plays

the pats took the ball and rammed it down the jets throat
to go up and take the game out of the jets hands

11:39 6:23 NE 37 13 63 Touchdown
13 plays 63 yards 6:23 off the clock

champions do this
when the game is on the line

as stated above
if they were good enough they win
if KC was good enough they would have

make all the excuses you want
quote all the stats you want

the cowboys didnt practice today
basketball season started for them

keep quoting stats nn
call jerry and let him in on it
im sure he will use that uinfo at his next press conference

Think you can ramble a bit more? The thread was about the offense of the Cowboys and the coaches.

Not Jerry, not excuses of who won or lost and why. Where in this thread is there any rationalizing? Tis thread was not even about the Seattle game.

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 06:24 PM
He is a moron, can you not tell?

burnet44
01-07-2007, 06:30 PM

5th in passing yards

13th in rushing yards

2nd in first downs

9th in TOP

I quoted you nn

stats you posted
the key stat

9-8
end of season

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Why
Do you insist
on posting
in the stupid way
like this?

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
I quoted you nn

stats you posted
the key stat

9-8
end of season

Again I ask what is your point? Was this another chance for you to attack? This thread is abou off-season moves..WE GET IT Dallas lost, your happy. Now for fans of this team it is tme to debate and discuss what we think they will/should do to improve.

burnet44
01-07-2007, 06:46 PM
1. drop TO
2. dont lose 3 of your last 4
3. win the division and get a home game
4. cut turnovers down
5. get some cover guys or dont play NO anymore
6. more split back plays might help
7. screen passes could be effective
8. ellis back will help
9. left side are not good blockers
10. let bill go do what he wants

look guys dallas aint fixable in a year
romo might be able to win but he needs time
time is not what jj will give em
o line is fair at best
and the sec is fair at best
rbs are good not outstanding
could use a pass rusher

jj needs to try and build and not try every year for the quick fix
there are too many average players here

look at the eagles
lose mcnabb and win east
the o line is goos the d is good
they play soild
and TO aint there

a positive
gramatica keep him

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Why do you think TO should be gone?

burnet44
01-07-2007, 07:21 PM
as i stated before
YOU CANT WIN WITH HIM
he has never won
find players you can win with
all the stats in the world will not change that
there are some people you can win with
HE IS NOT ONE OF THEM BECAUSE HE DOES NOT BUY INTO WHATS GOOD FOR THE TEAM
he has never won
call me when he does
thats why you never sign him in the first place

now quote stats

SF 1996 1-1
SF 1997 1-1
SF 1998 1-1
SF 1999 no playoffs
SF 2000 no playoffs
SF 2001 0-1
SF 2002 1-1
SF 2003 no playoffs
Philly 2004 0-1
Philly 2005 no playoffs
Dalas 2006 0-1

4-7 in playoff games
his team has lost 4 of the last 5 playoff games he has been in

YOU WILL NEVER WIN WITH HIM

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 07:30 PM
You can say that with 95% of the players in the league. If TO didn't care about the team, then he would of had surgery months ago to fix his hand. Instead he didn't mention it all season and risked screwing it up even worse.

Dan Marino never won a super bowl, I guess you just can't win with him. Manning and Harrison aren't gonna win a super bowl this year. I guess you wouldn't want any of them one your team either.

burnet44
01-07-2007, 07:35 PM
WHEN HE WINS LET ME KNOW

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Barry Sanders never played in a super bowl either.

Warren Moon didn't win it either.

along with Sammy Baugh and Jim Brown