PDA

View Full Version : The unofficial "I still think Tony Romo will be a great QB" thread

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Sign up now! I'm all in on this kid, regardless of what happened last night. He played well enough to win, and from the way he acts and he's competed over his entire NFL career (including all those years riding the pine) I really believe he's going to be much better next year because of last night.

I know there probably aren't as many supporters out there now, but I'm still keeping the faith!

Who-dun-it!!?
01-07-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm with ya!!

he shouldn't have been the holder anymore anyway. Once he was named the starter, somebody else should'v taken up that role.

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
I'm with ya!!

he shouldn't have been the holder anymore anyway. Once he was named the starter, somebody else should'v taken up that role.

Should have yes; but with the way Bill works on consistency, I'm not surprised he was the holder all along.

pirate4state
01-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Here! Here!

Last night happened didn't it?? :weeping:

carter08
01-07-2007, 02:23 PM
http://www.fremontneb.com/content/articles/2007/01/06/ap/sports/d8mge92o0.jpg

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 02:30 PM
why you got to be hatin' carter??? :mad: :foul: :mad:

This is a PRO-Romo thread...if you don't want to say nice things about him, then don't post here!!!!

pirate4state
01-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
why you got to be hatin' carter??? :mad: :foul: :mad:

This is a PRO-Romo thread...if you don't want to say nice things about him, then don't post here!!!!

I'm right there with you. Hey, I can delete that picture. :devil: :D

TexanAlum_06
01-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Im still little upset but I still back Romo as our QB. I mean we played pretty well last night. if that many bad things had to happen in order for us to lose, that speaks volumes about what we are capable of. it hurts but we will be back next year. Hopefully without TO. not because I dont like him. but because he distracts the team, no surprise there. I would like to see dallas do one of these 2.pick up a PURE pass rusher in the draft with their 1st round and pick up a qaulity WR in the 2nd OR get rid of TO, trade up in the draft and pick up Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett in the 1st round. I know theres a 95% chance that the 2nd option wont happen. but that would be sweet. the good thing for the cowboys is that there is not any glaring needs. the O-line isnt great but they are above average. a rookie couldnt do any better.

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 02:48 PM
TO didn't do anything off the field that made this team lose a game.

One guy talking to the press doesn't affect an entire teams performance. I doubt a player skips practice or doesn't pay attention because of something TO says in the locker room, and any person that think that is an idiot.

txkmom
01-07-2007, 02:56 PM
It's a shame that it happened, but the thing is, the safety was the bigger issue as far as turning the game. And if the defense had been playing like they did several games ago, Dallas wouldn't have needed the FG. Everytime Seattle scored, they didn't have to work too hard for it. I still support Romo - but as a coach's wife, I also gotta say, you have to be able to count on your players to execute wherever you put them, and if he was still assigned to holding, it was still his job to take care of. As a QB's mama, I feel his pain and I hope he comes back stronger next year ... as a Cowboy.

District303aPastPlayer
01-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

One guy talking to the press doesn't affect an entire teams performance. I doubt a player skips practice or doesn't pay attention because of something TO says in the locker room, and any person that think that is an idiot.

good post.

NDFootball
01-07-2007, 03:17 PM

I second the good post. These people are professionals...not jr. high kids taking sides in a fight. The media just likes to put things on the news so gullible people will tune in and make them money

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 03:21 PM
as Parcells would say, if you guys believe that TO is as bad as the media makes him look, "You've been sucked!!!"

eagles_victory
01-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Everyones favorite stat is T.O. leads the league in drops and im so tired of hearing about it

1. They fail to mention he led the league in touchdown passes
2. Drops arent even an official stat
3. T.O. didnt start dropping balls this year if your a football fan you should have known that his hands arent his strength. He is going to have some drops but his strength and speed are where he excels. He is what he is and he didnt cost the cowboys anything
4. I would like to see any of you complainers catch a football with a finger as extensively damaged as T.O's

JJ7997
01-07-2007, 03:58 PM
After last night, I doubt even the biggest Cryboys fans still think he is the reincarnation of Joe Montana like they were a month ago.

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
After last night, I doubt even the biggest Cryboys fans still think he is the reincarnation of Joe Montana like they were a month ago.

I prefer not to think of him as the reincarnation of somebody.

I consider him the first Tony Romo.

JJ7997
01-07-2007, 04:03 PM
I prefer not to think of him as the reincarnation of somebody.

I consider him the first Tony Romo.

Dang clever posters........

pirate4state
01-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997

I never thought of him of as anyone's reincarnation least of all the great Joe Montana.

JJ7997
01-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I never thought of him of as anyone's reincarnation least of all the great Joe Montana.

Actually, I coined that to all the people that I know who jumped on the Romo bandwagon.

Astrosdawg07
01-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I think he will be to, but I'm still tempted to draft a Qb and trade him for picks in '08.

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 04:55 PM
as Parcells would say, if you guys believe that TO is as bad as the media makes him look, "You've been sucked!!!"

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/4348/tolc1.jpg

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I think he will be to, but I'm still tempted to draft a Qb and trade him for picks in '08.
That would be the stupidest move in sports history.

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 05:38 PM
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/4348/tolc1.jpg

dude...that is HILARIOUS!!!

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I looked for a picture of you on 103.3's website but I couldn't find one.

bobcat1
01-07-2007, 06:09 PM
What didn't kill him will only make him stronger. He will be better next year. He is in all actuality a rookie no matter how long he has been in the league. I'd take his play from any rookie anyday. He will be fine!:D

Tiger90
01-07-2007, 06:12 PM
He has play the qb position well. Romo the qb didn't lose the game, Romo the holder did.

KTA
01-07-2007, 09:46 PM
He has play the qb position well. Romo the qb didn't lose the game, Romo the holder did.

I couldnt agree with that statement anymore. Im tired of hearing people call for Romo's head as the starting QB, now starting holder....thats a whole different story.

And on a side note why isnt Roy Williams' or Terry Glenns play mentioned in the same breath of air?

Fal44
01-07-2007, 10:38 PM
I still really and truely think romo will become a great NFL Qb he played a good game ,but just messed up the hold I thought He was going to get the first down on that missed kick it was such a horrible way to lose a game.

bobcat1
01-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by KTA_KTA_KTA
I couldnt agree with that statement anymore. Im tired of hearing people call for Romo's head as the starting QB, now starting holder....thats a whole different story.

And on a side note why isnt Roy Williams' or Terry Glenns play mentioned in the same breath of air? And I am in total agreement with the Williams and Glenn statement. I mean they slurped the big one last night.:tongue: :tongue:

bulldogman06
01-07-2007, 11:16 PM
I like Romo, but he didnt play great, and he isnt a great qb, nor do I think he ever will be. I think he was good enough to get the Boys to the Super Bowl, but I dont think he is a superstar. But if the boys want to win a superbowl, there are other areas they need to focus on before they start criticizing the qb play.

g$$
01-08-2007, 12:54 AM

OK, I will agree with you, they are professionals. But exactly what did he do on the field last night that helped them win too? 2 for 26 yds.? Led the league in drops & in td receptions too right? Guess they even out in Cowboy spin.

And in his career, how many rings? How many teams disrupted? How many distractions? How many suspensions for insubordination? Do his antics HELP a team prepare for the next game? 3 teams in 5 years is not because he cannot play, it is because he cannot be a team guy. But, he has $25 million reasons to live right?

g$$
01-08-2007, 12:55 AM
As for Romo, I like him & think he will only grow from what happened last night. Like his fight & moxie, seems to be a leader.

KTA
01-08-2007, 10:45 AM
3 teams in 5 years is not because he cannot play, it is because he cannot be a team guy. But, he has $25 million reasons to live right?

Deion Sanders played for 3 different teams in 5 years (Atlanta in 93; San Fran in 94; and Dallas in 95) back in the day alot of people thought the same about him, seems like everything worked out pretty good for him. I hate it when people hate T.O. just to be hating him, instead of relizing he really wasnt that bad this year. T.O. had one of the best yrs in Cowboys history receiving, but all people what to talk about is his past, that his dropped passes (did anybody besides myself watch pregame and watch him catch the ball with his body because he physically COULDNT catch it with his hands?) Yeah how many of yall could catch a football coming flying at you with defenders double covering you with a torn ligament in your finger...

injuredinmelee
01-08-2007, 10:55 AM
He will have to learn to play less reckless. He hurt Dallas more often than he helped them the last few weeks.

TexDoc
01-08-2007, 12:06 PM
I gained a lot of respect for the kid when I saw how down he was after it happened and after the game when he said he was accountable. A game does not come down to one play, but many plays over the course of the game. All the mistakes in the game cost a victory, not one bobble fumble.

He seems like a classy kid with a bright future. Does anyone think T.O. would have acted the same should he have dropped a winning TD pass in the ez? Methinks not.

BTEXDAD
01-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by TexDoc

He seems like a classy kid with a bright future. Does anyone think T.O. would have acted the same should he have dropped a winning TD pass in the ez? Methinks not.

Me agrees. It would have been QBs fault for not throwing to him earlier in game if TO would have dropped one late.

Brenn510
01-08-2007, 01:31 PM
I feel Tony Romo gives the Cowboys the best chance to win in the future. He gained a lot of experience and even though he made a mistake, I think it wil make him better.
Instead, I think the Cowboys need to rethink their offensive and defensive approach.
1) Throw a hitch route on the two yard line that turns into a fumbled safety? Not a good choice.
2) Seahawks go empty backfield on go ahead TD, and Cowboys only rush four instead of bringing pressure or bringing more heat, not letting QB's to pick the secondary apart.
3) Roy Williams is great player, but not a good cover safety - - move to an outside LB.
4) Let Dmarcus Ware do what he does best - - rush - - not have him cover a receiver.
I know, any one can be a Monday morning QB, but these things just make sense to me.

Brenn510
01-08-2007, 01:32 PM
I feel Tony Romo gives the Cowboys the best chance to win in the future. He gained a lot of experience and even though he made a mistake, I think it wil make him better.

g$$
01-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Deion Sanders played for 3 different teams in 5 years (Atlanta in 93; San Fran in 94; and Dallas in 95) back in the day alot of people thought the same about him, seems like everything worked out pretty good for him. I hate it when people hate T.O. just to be hating him, instead of relizing he really wasnt that bad this year. T.O. had one of the best yrs in Cowboys history receiving, but all people what to talk about is his past, that his dropped passes (did anybody besides myself watch pregame and watch him catch the ball with his body because he physically COULDNT catch it with his hands?) Yeah how many of yall could catch a football coming flying at you with defenders double covering you with a torn ligament in your finger...

Deion certainly liked himself, but I cannot recall him getting kicked to the curb by teams just tired of his act. He went to SF & Dallas to win SBs. Deion did not have problems with coaches or teammates to the point they became public. TO the Team Poison certainly has had his share of problems just getting along with people at 3 different stops.

NO, I did not play pro football. Nor do I get paid $25 million to do so. It comes with the territory. He wasn't that bad, but he wasn't that good either. Leading the league in drops (hurt or not) is not a good year, plus all the off-field stuff. He brings it on himself, period.

piratebg
01-08-2007, 08:34 PM
He is the quarterback of the future for the Cowboys. He showed some amazing things on the field that the Cowboys hadn't had in a while at quarterback. True he did make some mistakes, but you could easily call this year his rookie year.

KTA
01-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Deion did not have problems with coaches or teammates to the point they became public.

but they did happen, remember him tossing the bench at teammates that monday night game against the cowboys (when he was with the falcons)

He wasn't that bad, but he wasn't that good either.

well thats to be expected with a torn ligament in his hand dont you think

Leading the league in drops (hurt or not) is not a good year

but on the same note leading the nfl with touchdown receptions is a good year right? Like I previously mentioned some of yall are forgetting that he had one of the best yrs by a cowboys receiver ever.

He brings it on himself

no the media brings it to him, and people like you eat it up

TexanAlum_06
01-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by TexDoc
Does anyone think T.O. would have acted the same should he have dropped a winning TD pass in the ez? Methinks not. He would probably blame it on the wind or the stadium lights blinded him. lol.

g$$
01-09-2007, 02:09 AM
but they did happen, remember him tossing the bench at teammates that monday night game against the cowboys (when he was with the falcons)

well thats to be expected with a torn ligament in his hand dont you think

but on the same note leading the nfl with touchdown receptions is a good year right? Like I previously mentioned some of yall are forgetting that he had one of the best yrs by a cowboys receiver ever.

no the media brings it to him, and people like you eat it up

No, people like you are naive & brainwashed by silver & blue. See the light fella. He is a cancer for any team (see: career). And there are no excuses ever, injured or not. He was on the field. And leading the league in drops is never a good thing. Blaming the media is a cop-out too. He brings it on himself.

1996= last playoff win, enough said.

KTA
01-09-2007, 05:03 PM
question: Did he tear this team apart? Hell did he make a bunch of excuses and blow up after their recent loss? Did he blow up anytime this season at Romo?

answer: NO

brainwashed by silver & blue

haha thats funny, guess you never did anything in your life that consisted of getting a 2nd chance.....Shame on T.O. for getting that.

And leading the league in drops is never a good thing.

Like I previously stated people JUST LIKE YOU keep on forgetting he had one of the BEST years receiving by a cowboys receiver(thats not a opinion, thats a FACT). All you want to talk about is his dropped passes, but what about him leading the nfl in TD catchs?...you've failed to even take that into consideration (im sure its a total accident on your part :rolleyes: )

1996= last playoff win, enough said.

I could sware up and down the Eagles made it to the super bowl with T.O. on the team, sure he didnt play until the super bowl, but on the same note he helped them put themselves in that situation during the regular season, aswell as staying in the locker room just like the other guys, and traveled with the team as well, im sure with all that extra time he could REALLY tear a team apart couldnt he!! Ill be the first to admit, I think McNabb is just as much to blame as Owens is in that situation. But people like you dont care what he says or does, your going to bash im no matter what, he could give a million dollars to a chartiy, and you would gripe because it wasnt 1.2 million just for the sake of bitching.

g$$
01-09-2007, 05:19 PM
question: Did he tear this team apart? Hell did he make a bunch of excuses and blow up after their recent loss? Did he blow up anytime this season at Romo?

answer: NO

haha thats funny, guess you never did anything in your life that consisted of getting a 2nd chance.....Shame on T.O. for getting that.

Like I previously stated people JUST LIKE YOU keep on forgetting he had one of the BEST years receiving by a cowboys receiver(thats not a opinion, thats a FACT). All you want to talk about is his dropped passes, but what about him leading the nfl in TD catchs?...you've failed to even take that into consideration (im sure its a total accident on your part :rolleyes: )

I could sware up and down the Eagles made it to the super bowl with T.O. on the team, sure he didnt play until the super bowl, but on the same note he helped them put themselves in that situation during the regular season, aswell as staying in the locker room just like the other guys, and traveled with the team as well, im sure with all that extra time he could REALLY tear a team apart couldnt he!! Ill be the first to admit, I think McNabb is just as much to blame as Owens is in that situation. But people like you dont care what he says or does, your going to bash im no matter what, he could give a million dollars to a chartiy, and you would gripe because it wasnt 1.2 million just for the sake of bitching.

Wrong. He destroyed 2 teams (SF, Philly) & now is with his 3rd in 5 years. That is not a 2nd chance if you do the math. Do he do anything to help the team? Sure on the field he did, & he also did as much to tear it down. Wonder why the HC will not even call by name since TO de France in Training Camp?

13 tds receiving & 18 drops? 2-26 yds. in final loss? Many distractions along the way. Does that all even out? I think NOT. Maybe you fail to realize he is just not the same player as 5 years ago too. Have you seen the Seattle secondary lately? Guess it is all scheme to blame, not him getting separation & being the player he once was, right? I guess Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith & others never face rolled coverage their way either.

He did play in that SB loss, & played well. I respected the way he came back & played in that game. That being said, his track record is lengthy in not being a team guy. I was raised big TEAM, little me. I will remain that way.

Astrosdawg07
01-09-2007, 07:10 PM
That would be the stupidest move in sports history.

How do you figure, it would give depth with an unproven QB in Romo. Look what SD did w/ Rivers and Brees.

Emerson1
01-09-2007, 07:22 PM

Emerson1
01-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
How do you figure, it would give depth with an unproven QB in Romo. Look what SD did w/ Rivers and Brees.
You want to throw Tony Romo out the door and let a 2 year QB be the main man in 08 with only 1 season under Romo?

Astrosdawg07
01-09-2007, 07:32 PM
You want to throw Tony Romo out the door and let a 2 year QB be the main man in 08 with only 1 season under Romo?

No, watch and see what happens, who proves to be the best. If they both show possitives trade the other and see what you can get.

g$$
01-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Everyones favorite stat is T.O. leads the league in drops and im so tired of hearing about it

1. They fail to mention he led the league in touchdown passes
2. Drops arent even an official stat
3. T.O. didnt start dropping balls this year if your a football fan you should have known that his hands arent his strength. He is going to have some drops but his strength and speed are where he excels. He is what he is and he didnt cost the cowboys anything
4. I would like to see any of you complainers catch a football with a finger as extensively damaged as T.O's

1. So, they lost in the 1st round & had a 9-8 overall record.
2. So, funny how everyone recognizes that stat except you (like Elias, etc.). Bottom line is he led the league with 18 drops & had 13 tds receiving.
3. TO has never been a speed burner. His strengths are his size & athleticism. Route running & hands have never been his forte' either.
4. None of us are playing pro football & getting paid $25 million either. If I was, I promise you I would not make a fool of myself repeatedly to keep my name in the spotlight. Nor would I destroy 2 teams en route to my 3rd team in 5 years. Great guy, maybe y'all can hang out.

KTA
01-09-2007, 07:36 PM
That is not a 2nd chance if you do the math.

This isnt a 2nd chance? fooled me....and about half of america as well.

Wonder why the HC will not even call by name since TO de France in Training Camp?

Because of people like you that dont want to talk about nothing but TO, and when you do decide to talk about TO its nothing but bashing him....it saves alot of drama

13 tds receiving & 18 drops? 2-26 yds. in final loss? Many distractions along the way. Does that all even out? I think NOT.

TO had 87 receptions to 18 drops. Thats a drop every 4.8333 times he touches the ball.

He also averaged 5.11 catches a game, while averaging 70.94 yards per a game, with a average of 13.86 yards per catch. Oh yeah with a TD catch every 6.69 times he touched the ball.

Marvin Harrison averaged 5.70 catches per a game, with a average of 83.17 yards per game. Aswell as having 13.03 yards per catch, and averaged a TD every 8.083 times he touched the ball.

Chad Johnson averaged 5.43 catches per a game, with a average of 85.56 yards per game. Aswell as having 15.73 yards per catch, and averaged a TD every 12.428 times he touched the ball.

Steve Smith averaged 5.92 catches per a game, with a average of 83.28 yards per game. Aswell as having 14.04 yards per catch, and averaged a TD every 10.35 times he touched the ball.

Lets do the math

Catches per a game

Steve Smith averaged 5.92
Marvin Harrison averaged 5.70
Chad Johnson averaged 5.43
Terrell Owens averaged 5.11

Yards per a game

Chad Johnson averaged 85.56
Steve Smith averaged 83.28
Marvin Harrison averaged 83.17
Terrell Owens averaged 70.94

Yards per a catch

Chad Johnson 15.73
Steve Smith 14.04
Terrell Owens 13.86
Marvin Harrison 13.03

Touch Downs per a catch

Terrell Owens 6.69
Marvin Harrison 8.08
Steve Smith 10.35
Chad Johnson 12.42

not too freakin shabby huh!!!

Maybe you fail to realize he is just not the same player as 5 years ago too. Have you seen the Seattle secondary lately? Guess it is all scheme to blame, not him getting separation & being the player he once was, right?

I think madden mentioned what TO brings to the table the other night (but what the hell does he know, he only has a super bowl ring.....let me guess you have one to huh), when it takes 2 people to cover you SOMEBODY SHOULD BE OPEN, thats not his fault. (not bad stats for being doubled all season)

That being said, his track record is lengthy in not being a team guy.

Yeah he had a broken leg and rehabed the hell out of it to try to help his team win a super bowl, how selfish of him putting his team before his health.:rolleyes:

im done, it dont matter what I say or facts I show, your "personal opinion" is always "right"...atleast you think so anyways:rolleyes:

g$$
01-09-2007, 07:44 PM
This isnt a 2nd chance? fooled me....and about half of america as well.

Because of people like you that dont want to talk about nothing but TO, and when you do decide to talk about TO its nothing but bashing him....it saves alot of drama

TO had 87 receptions to 18 drops. Thats a drop every 4.8333 times he touches the ball.

He also averaged 5.11 catches a game, while averaging 70.94 yards per a game, with a average of 13.86 yards per catch. Oh yeah with a TD catch every 6.69 times he touched the ball.

Marvin Harrison averaged 5.70 catches per a game, with a average of 83.17 yards per game. Aswell as having 13.03 yards per catch, and averaged a TD every 8.083 times he touched the ball.

Chad Johnson averaged 5.43 catches per a game, with a average of 85.56 yards per game. Aswell as having 15.73 yards per catch, and averaged a TD every 12.428 times he touched the ball.

Steve Smith averaged 5.92 catches per a game, with a average of 83.28 yards per game. Aswell as having 14.04 yards per catch, and averaged a TD every 10.35 times he touched the ball.

Lets do the math

Catches per a game

Steve Smith averaged 5.92
Marvin Harrison averaged 5.70
Chad Johnson averaged 5.43
Terrell Owens averaged 5.11

Yards per a game

Chad Johnson averaged 85.56
Steve Smith averaged 83.28
Marvin Harrison averaged 83.17
Terrell Owens averaged 70.94

Yards per a catch

Chad Johnson 15.73
Steve Smith 14.04
Terrell Owens 13.86
Marvin Harrison 13.03

Touch Downs per a catch

Terrell Owens 6.69
Marvin Harrison 8.08
Steve Smith 10.35
Chad Johnson 12.42

not too freakin shabby huh!!!

I think madden mentioned what TO brings to the table the other night (but what the hell does he know, he only has a super bowl ring.....let me guess you have one to huh), when it takes 2 people to cover you SOMEBODY SHOULD BE OPEN, thats not his fault. (not bad stats for being doubled all season)

Yeah he had a broken leg and rehabed the hell out of it to try to help his team win a super bowl, how selfish of him putting his team before his health.:rolleyes:

im done, it dont matter what I say or facts I show, your "personal opinion" is always "right"...atleast you think so anyways:rolleyes:

TO Apologist:
Nice research that proves nothing. Is Dallas still playing? Are there questions about the future? Who will be the coach? Will TO return? With #s like those, it should be a no-brainer right? Says a lot about his reputation huh? Did his peers elect him to the Pro Bowl (1/3 of the vote)? No, not even close, & also speaks volumes. And, how is your 3rd team in 5 years = to a 2nd chance? He may be with his 4th next year because of his attitude & ME 1st personality. Team Poison, period. It's never his fault right? Maybe it was his publicist's fault since he fired her today.

BTW, I know who John Madden is, & not the video game version. Grew up watching him coach the Raiders long before you had a Nerf ball.

Dropping 1/5 is never a good # either (so 20% of the time he drops a pass?). This is not baseball. He did some good things, & he did some normal TO things. Maybe that is why there is doubt about his return. How about you buy a team & make him your star player. Let's see how many rings you win. He has ZERO to date, with heavy baggage from every stop.

LitanyofFury
01-09-2007, 07:54 PM
TO is pretty much a loser as a person, but the guy can play. Led the NFL in TD catches this year and he holds the record for most catches in a game (back when he was a 49er). And what he did this year was even more amazing considering he was sharing the ball with T. Glenn and he had a rookie QB throwing to him and he had torn tendons in his hand. Granted, his drops were HUGE drops sometimes. . .but the guy is a gamer.

Emerson1
01-09-2007, 07:54 PM
I guess Dan Marino sucks to, he never did anything when it comes to winning a game that meant something.

g$$
01-09-2007, 08:00 PM
I guess Dan Marino sucks to, he never did anything when it comes to winning a game that meant something.

Your words, not mine. Marino led his team to the SB in his 2nd year. Threw for more yds. than anyone in history. He was cursed by bad defenses most of the time. Scoring was not a problem.

And, did Marino ever embarrass his team or the game? Did he demand the spotlight be pointed squarely at him? Did he change teams like underwear? Was he hated around the league?

NO to all of the above. No doubt TO can play. It's his baggage that gets him in trouble.